Help with nute schedule: Recent nutrient burn!

Mahlon

SO My first Grow ever; I've got 13 plants; 5 feminized ICE Seeds, and 8 Regular Ice seeds; all in vegg stage;
Prior to 1 week ago i only used non pHD Tap water w/occasional distilled water in between.

I started getting these small burn marks and leaves curling; I was told they needed nutrients, so i purchased FOX FARMS Nute Line : Grow Big, Big Bloom, Tiger Bloom.

I have them 3 tsp Big Bloom and 1.5 tsp of Grow big per the Hydro shop owners suggestions. We'll I fucked up and fed this to them twice within 3 days thinking i did it wrong the first time;

In addition I was told they were having Nitrgon Deficency so i went and purchased Elpsom Salts and gave them 2 tsp of this as well;

They were showing worse signs of burning and the tips of they're leaves were curling ; i read up on this and found out this was called the "CLAW" and it was from a Nitrogen Toxicity; Yet the owner of the grow shop told me this was from Calcium Defciency so he had me buy "CAL-MAG" i fed this to them @ 2 tsp per gallon;

Just yesterday they were showing signs of worsening so i just FLUSHED THEM: I started to use PH'd water at around 6.5 but i wasn't sure if i was doing that correctly so i just flushed them with straight TAP WATER all 13 plants were flushed yesterday;

Please know that i am using "FOX FARMS HAPPY FROG" soil.

Now they look a bit happier, a bit perkier, but some of the newer leaves are coming in distorted and twisted; all this bad advice is killing the fuck out of my plants, and i keep getting different advice from everyone i talk too.

Please help me if you have GOOD SOLID ADVICE!

Now i haven't given them anything for the past day or so, One of my plants is almost 2 ft tall. and some of the others looked like they stopped growing; but now that i flushed they started growing again I think.

What do i need to do moving forward??

IMG_36686.JPG
IMG_36675.JPG
IMG_36693.JPG
IMG_36663.jpg
IMG_36654.jpg
IMG_34641.JPG
IMG_36633.JPG
IMG_36607.jpg
IMG_34623.JPG
IMG_36623.JPG
IMG_365411.jpg
IMG_36554.jpg
IMG_34744.JPG
IMG_34641.JPG
IMG_0006132.jpg

These pictures should show the Claw’d tips - Im trying to locate the issues to my beautiful plants don’t die! I’ve been given so many different instructions and all have not worked at all; and i’ve followed so many different peoples advice and my babies are suffering because of it!

Please HELP IF YOUR AN ACTUAL CANNABIS GROWER AND HAVE BEEN GROWING and know what the F your talking about please - don’t mean to sound rude but I keep getting “Burned” Litterally!

Mahlon

IMG_028637.jpg
IMG_028531.jpg
IMG_028431.jpg
IMG_028134.jpg
IMG_027837.jpg
IMG_027937.jpg
IMG_028233.jpg
IMG_028336.jpg
IMG_028029.jpg
IMG_028028.jpg
IMG_025434.jpg

First off, I am not real experienced at this, but buy a ph meter. Ph should be in the 6 range for dirt i believe. and if you have been giving water that was not ph balanced, then the ph of your soil mixture may be too high, which will make the ph of your new water too high(you may have to check the ph of the run off when you water). If ph is not correct, you will start locking out nutrients to the plants, in which case you will have multiple problems. I would get them flushed with water that is properly ph balanced and check the run off for ph as well, (I would guess it is going to be high), and then hopefully someone will chime in on how much nutrients you should be giving.

You've got quite a mix of nutes going.
I'd keep flushing them for a few more days. Every time you water, do it like 3 or 4 times and run lots of water thru each container. You really want to make sure you don't have any built up bits in your dirt.
You might see more damage materialize in the next week or two.
Maybe after a weekish of flushing, start your babies at 1/2 strength and work your way up slowly over several feedings to full strength.

The good thing here is that the damage was caught and addressed quickly. Good job.
The other bonus you've got going is that you're still in veg. Many sins can be corrected to some extent during veg.

Oh.... and don't listen to you grow shop dude. You're plants were just over nuted, and he wants to add more to the mix?!?!

You've fallen into the traps that many growers before you have done. Your expectations and aspirations far outweigh you experience. Really try to keep things very simple and pay very close attention to every little aspect. Simple = Success for new growers.

Thanks bro- I really appreciate that; So I had a buddy come by yesterday and help me top my plants and do a little pruning; At this point i feel like he didn’t know what the fuck he was doing! Im going to post a couple pictures today of my plants after being topped and pruned if you would please just take a look and tell me what i need to do to better this situation; I know their probably fucked up though; I know he was trying to help because they were growing so freakin tall and noone has ever told me that they needed to be topped or tied down; so i need to know if i should tie them down; and if so... HOW and what do i do?

Mahlon

As I am new as well please learn from my mistakes. I thought if I researched more and more I could figure it out, but do to lack of experience I basically over compensated for multiple deficiencies and end up hurting them more. In the end it was most likely a ph issue due to a bad ph meter and my ignorance. Sometime asking helps most and my new rule of thumb is plan ahead and it is usually the simple problem and not the more rare ones. If u listen ur plants will tell u what they want. I guess it just takes time to learn there language

The curled or twisted leaf damage to most of your leaves appears to be from pH fluctuation. Some of your plants appear to be either over watered or under watered, were the photographs taken after you watered? To tell if you need to water you should lift up your pots when they are just watered and heavy and again when the soil has dried to get a feel for the weight of the pot. Place your finger 1"-2" into the soil and feel how moist the soil is and if it requires watering again. At minimum I would purchase a liquid pH test kit and pH down to adjust the pH of your water to the proper pH level.

You want pH 5.8 for hydroponic and soiless (peat moss and coco coir) and pH 6.5 for soil.

Here is a nutrient availability chart

pH_chart7.jpg

Here is a cannabis leaf deficiency chart

cannabis_leaf-deficiencies31.jpg

here is the Cannabis Plant and Pest Problem Solver and the Plant Abuse Chart

Cannabis Plant and Pest Problem Solver: Pictorial

Plant Abuse Chart

Here is the FoxFarm soil nutrient feed schedule

Foxfarm_Soil_Systems_Feeding_Schedule.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom