Help With Reused Coco/Perlite Soil Mix

arellanobrian

I have a bunch of coco from my last grow and am not getting the best results from just reusing it so ive decided to step into making my first organic soil!! i have heard lots of great things of doc buds hi brix method but want to make due with what i have and add what i really need. im very excited to begin my organic adventures :blunt:

so I have about a Half a 5 KG brick of reused coco with 25% perlite that i have rinsed lightly and has been sitting around drying for about a month now. i did have fungus nats but heard if you let the medium dry they should all go but if need be i can add gnat nix or sand during the grow. :hug:

other mediums i could add are vermiculite, more perlite, hydroton, and play sand

some of the other things i have to add in are Kelp Meal, crushed oyster shell, steer manure, mushroom compost, perimuim compost from home depot, some left over coco loco and happy frog

IMG_102530.JPG
IMG_102628.JPG
IMG_103024.JPG
IMG_103124.JPG
IMG_103224.JPG

My question to everyone is what should i use from what i have already and what should i buy that is necessary/Reccomended for a final transplant with only having to add Teas thoughout most of the grow. any advice is appreciated and welcome, :420: is a great community and while i love my coco growing i have always wanted to make and grow in my own soil :Namaste:

and here are the verm, perlite, used coco, sand and hydroton i can use
IMG_102729.JPG
IMG_103930.JPG
IMG_103726.JPG
IMG_103629.JPG
IMG_104033.JPG
IMG_103532.JPG

Just saw your thread
Did you use nutes in your used coco grow?

I do reuse my own organic mix on vegetables by adding more of my own compost and worm castings and then composting that mix. For cannabis I always start fresh.

Back
Top Bottom