Help!

linda880

420 Member
My 4 week old plants just got transferred to new pots last Tuesday and now all bottom leaves are bright yellow color and clawing upwards! It seems to be happening to all of my 8 plants. ..I've been using cfl and terra nova grow and watched for the ph :/

Sent from my GT-I9195 using 420

Here's some pics
51131c55430d1c1b4ed19df5429b1a8e.jpg
e3d0f739a88ad0ac174b3f51aeb83908.jpg

Have you checked the soil pH? Or just the water your are giving it? I am not am not a very experienced grower, but my gardenias did the samething, b. C my soil pH was out of wack

Ok how do I check it? It was new soil they went in says ph 5.5 -6.5 on it but should I still like flush it with clean water and then check the water runoff for ph?

Ok I'll get that :) I'm feeding once per week but mist them with water every day few times

Hmm the only other think I could think of is over watering. Like I said b4 I am not really the most experienced grower. Hopefully someone else can chime in and help you out.

Hi linda880,

Congrats on getting your girls (we hope) up and growing. I see your fairly new, so let me add a warm welcome to 420 Magazine and the community of folks that gathers here.

In reviewing your photos, it appears all the new growth at the tops seems to be healthy. Growing in soil, things happen at a relatively slow pace so that when you notice a symptom, it's likely from something that happened days or weeks ago. I also notice that in both of your pics, there is new growth appearing right next to the yellowing. Based on this, I'd like to suggest that whatever caused the yellowing has passed is no longer a threat. This assumes of course that the yellowing doesn't spread.

I know others will disagree, but I believe that generally one does not need to worry about the ph when growing in soil. I recognize that there are exceptions to the statement, but my experience has been that I did more harm than good in attempts to adjust the ph of soil.

I'm unfamiliar with the terra nova grow you mention in your original message. Is that a nutrient or soil mix? I'm also curious of how much light your plants are getting from the CFL's? I hope you'll read this as an attempt to help, but for 4 weeks the plants appear smaller than I would expect. Perhaps whatever caused the yellowing also stunted their growth for a bit? Have you noticed a recent change in the growth speed?

Be well and happy growing.

it could be transplant shock, they probably have got over it now, did the roots come out nicely when you repotted?

whats your humidity and temps been like, they look small for 4 weeks tbh.

Linda- How big is the pot you transplanted into? It looks small. I would usually go into 1 gal minimum.
Sorry - I know nothing about terra nova grow. Is it your grow medium or is it nutrients?
Your plant is old enough to begin getting light feedings unless it is in your soil. She looks like a classic case of 'N' deficiency to me.
I agree, PH is usually not an issue in soil - especially this early on.

I have one CFL 2400K and 250w and the terra nova is mispelled its Flora nova grow 7-4-10 is nutrients .

You can always use more light. :cheesygrinsmiley: I do not think that is your primary problem right now.
How big is the pot you are now using? How much and how often are you feeding them? What are you using for your grow medium (soil)? More soil makes growing a lot easier. But since you just transplanted, that isn't a great idea right now.

I tend to agree with PITA that the container size may be contributing to size concerns. If possible, I think more light would greatly benefit. How close/far away are you keeping the light?
Is it possible to replace or supplement the light (from a budget perspective)? '
If you could locate a reasonably priced bulb closer to 6500K (as close as possible) it would provide more of the spectrum range needed during a plant's vegatative growth period.

Yes I've just been waiting to get another light it should be in no more than week until I get one so I'm hoping growth starts up. I'm going to get bigger pots they were all together in smaller pot and the roots had tangled but I tried my best to get it as well out as I could. That might maybe cause this? :)

Yes I've just been waiting to get another light it should be in no more than week until I get one so I'm hoping growth starts up. I'm going to get bigger pots they were all together in smaller pot and the roots had tangled but I tried my best to get it as well out as I could. That might maybe cause this? :)

You bet. Low light + small pot + damaged roots = small plants.
Get them into plenty of good soil and as much light as possible. You should see a dramatic difference. Once they hook up, they can grow an inch per day, or more.

Back
Top Bottom