Help

5pointslo

420 Member
Hey guys wondering is this is a problem or not. Leaves are coming in kinda thin. Not full and flush. Growing in coco/ castings blend with Dey amendments and an occasional tea. Temps are 75-78
53-57% rh

Lights are set to 36” at 100w
Tent is a 2x2.5

I know the lights are set a little low on the watts but every time I turn it up past 120 leaves start to curl and plants start going to sleep before lights out. 2 plants are jelly breath 1 peanut butter breath and 1 dosido. Any help is appreciated

E6D80B14-DABC-408E-9B3C-31A899BD09B9.jpeg

FE1EA5DB-773B-4777-93A9-C25ACE1D33E9.jpeg

7E92E576-74F7-4569-812A-22948D120680.jpeg

466CC4C4-3026-4E0F-8F4C-550D4D8F8B98.jpeg

I use tap water and let it sit out for 24hrs

I set the water ph to 6.2 last I checked soil was hanging around 6.7
2 plants are
2/3 coco 1/3 casting and some perlite
2 plants are in living soil.

I’m using all organic dry amendments. So I never water to run off.

Water is room temp about 72-74

Yeah it’s only on the ones closest to the light and the under branches look pretty lush and full. These uppers are skinny weak and have white centers. Almost like they’re opening up too fast.

They look pretty happy to me.
Maybe a bit more N. the new growth is a pale green.

I like to see the tips, just the very tippy tips start to brown.
This is the plant telling you "I'm full dad. Thanks, but no more right now, I am too full."

suggest you re-visit a ph chart….. coco is not the same as soil. coco gets treated as drain to waste hydro so hydro rules apply therefore ph should be 5.8

do you have a cal-Mag solution?

welcome aboard 5point
So I agree with you about the difference between coco and soil. I thought maybe it changed a little cause it’s not just coco it’s got some castings mixed in . Could be wrong just was my thought. I do have cal mag. I have Epsom salt and some calcium stuff as well. Was trying to stay away from the bottle if I could help it

So I agree with you about the difference between coco and soil. I thought maybe it changed a little cause it’s not just coco it’s got some castings mixed in . Could be wrong just was my thought. I do have cal mag. I have Epsom salt and some calcium stuff as well. Was trying to stay away from the bottle if I could help it
Hello @5pointslo welcome to 420magazine my friend.
As @013 mentioned drop your ph to 5.8.
Put calmag in your mix first and wait a few minutes.
Then add your nutrients to 900 ppm or what ever your schedule calls for.
They need fed every day full nutrients.
You can give epsom salts if you wish but you must use calmag, in mix first.
Do this and they will perk up.
Then drop and turn up your light.

Stay safe
Bill

Welcome to the group. The plants look to be healthy and the yellow on the very new growth seems to be common. Everything should be good to go if those small leaves turn greener as they get larger.

I am with @013 and @Bill284 on changing the pH of the water. But, it depends on what you mean by a 'coco/ castings blend with dry amendments'. If it is 50% to 75% castings then the soil pH would seem right. On the other hand, if it is 50% or more Coco Coir then setting the water to a hydro pH makes sense.

Welcome to the group. The plants look to be healthy and the yellow on the very new growth seems to be common. Everything should be good to go if those small leaves turn greener as they get larger.

I am with @013 and @Bill284 on changing the pH of the water. But, it depends on what you mean by a 'coco/ castings blend with dry amendments'. If it is 50% to 75% castings then the soil pH would seem right. On the other hand, if it is 50% or more Coco Coir then setting the water to a hydro pH makes sense.
So I have 4 plants 2 are in living soil and 2 are in a coco mix. Coco mix of 2/3 coco and 1/3 worm castings. I have down to earth 444 and 284 mixed in. I top dress every 2-3 weeks ish with a compost tea once every week to ten days. Both plants are doing the same thing in different media’s

Hiya @5pointslo and :welcome:
I agree you will need CaMg, PK and full strength feed @5.8
Are you using an enzyme product/root tonic? They help with vitality too
Organics and dressings are great tonics, but hungry plants need a shot of the hard stuff occasionally too
Not looking too desperate though mate so good work

Hiya @5pointslo and :welcome:
I agree you will need CaMg, PK and full strength feed @5.8
Are you using an enzyme product/root tonic? They help with vitality too
Organics and dressings are great tonics, but hungry plants need a shot of the hard stuff occasionally too
Not looking too desperate though mate so good work
Yeah I will try dropping the ph with next watering. I used Mycorrhiza when transplanting and I water with rootwise once a week. I was just trying to stay away from bottled stuff if I could help it. I put a bunch of oyster shell powder in the soil when I mixed and was hoping to make up the magnesium with epsom salts in the water. Key word hoping

Hello @5pointslo welcome to 420magazine my friend.
As @013 mentioned drop your ph to 5.8.
Put calmag in your mix first and wait a few minutes.
Then add your nutrients to 900 ppm or what ever your schedule calls for.
They need fed every day full nutrients.
You can give epsom salts if you wish but you must use calmag, in mix first.
Do this and they will perk up.
Then drop and turn up your light.

Stay safe
Bill
Right there OP. ^^^
Follow THIS recipe.
I harvest 200 plants a month (perpetual grow, two rooms) and use this exact methodology.

This is exactly (right down to PPM feed) my recipe.

I ph to 6.0 plus or minus 0.3. I like to 'bounce' my ph around. It picks up some traces that are right on the edge .. if you know what I mean.

Back
Top Bottom