Hemp Heart Trail Mix

Outragedpluto

Hey there everyone, welcome to the kitchen ;)

Today i am going to share with you a heart healthy trail mix made with hemp heart clusters. Hemp hearts are packed with healthy fats, protein, iron, magnesium, and fiber. They have a delicious slight pine nut taste. Basically, you cant have enough of these things!!!

First off here is the list of what you will need:
Cooking spray
1 cup rolled oats
2 tablespoons water
2 tablespoons peanut oil
1/4 cup hemp hearts
1 tablespoon honey
3 cups mixed dried fruit
1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
2 cups mixed nuts
1/2 cup sunflower seeds
1/2 cup raisins
1/2 cup shredded coconut

P1070172.JPG

You can adjust what you want in the trail mix easily. If there is something you do not like or can not have just sub it out for another healthy option or double up on something else.

First step, making the clusters. Pre-heat over to 300. Take the oil, water, oats, and hemp hearts and toss them together, making sure everything is well mixed. On a baking sheet, spray with cooking spray (i used parchment paper, i dont like cooking spray). Then make little clusters on the sheet. Bake these for about 15 minutes or until crispy.
Oil, Water, Honey
P1070173.JPG

Hemp Hearts
P1070174.JPG

Rolled Oats
P10701751.JPG

Mixed together, then clustered together. Baked for 15 min
P10701762.JPG

Next step take the dried fruit and add to the baking tray. Sprinkle with the cinnamon. Bake for additional 3-5 minutes. Let cool
P1070177.JPG

Finally mix in the rest of the ingredients. Store in air tight container. Enjoy!!!
P1070178.JPG

Hope you all enjoy this recipe!!! Please post your additions or changes!!! Thank you for stopping by!!!

Back
Top Bottom