Hermies Won't Stop Help!

HashHands

Hey gusys, first time on the 420 site, if this is the wrong spot to post my apollogies. I figured It was worth to start a new thread because I know almost every way to get hermies but this is an on going battle (three harvests now, in a row!!)

Lets start by saying, I have a lot to learn but have been doing this for 3 years and have been harvesting every other month if not monthly for that time period, I feel very knowledgable about the subject of cultivation and at the moment I'm at a very frustrating point since this has not happened yet. I do four plants at a time and its all four everytime. Possibly the First time it happened was just one or two but maybe missed the balls before they popped? but anyways here we go....

Ok....I veg under a 4' 6 tube T5 in a 2X4 Secret Jardin and flower under a 600w Cool Tube in a 4X4 Secret Jardin.
I use FFOF soil and the FF trio liquids and trio solubles. Both tents are in the same room with nothing else but extra supplys and the other necessities.

First off let me say what I know its NOT:
-Its not Genetics cause it has been three different strains for the 3 past Harvests.
-Its not light leaks (cause I have sat in this tent over and over) plus everything was going fine before and nothing has changed.
-Its not stress related, I feel I take the best precautions when it comes to stressing out a plant (although I do Super Crop each plant prob twice) but never had an issue with that and Im confident in my Super Cropping
-As far as cleaning goes since the first Time Hermies came up I have cleaned with a mild water bleach solution inside and outside the tent after every time it has happened. ( I am 3 1/2 weeks into the third round of hermies)

The balls appear around week 2 so by the end, The crop is well seeded (fully developed seeds). Im at a loss right now, of patients and money that I am putting into this, but the passion and love remains and i will not stop.

Question, can the pollen get into a window ac which I have an intake near that goes the flower tent, that would be continually blowing pollen particles into the flower tent?? Ive cleaned the filter in it, but not the whole inside of coils.... is this possible?
Also my outake dumps the hot air into the next room through a hole in the wall. Is their a possibility that The pollen has made its way though the Carbon Filter and into the other room just crop dusting everything??
Im a clean person and clean alot, so my floors and surface areas are always clean. But can anyone give me advice on this extreme Anxiety, Migraine causing Problem? I plan on setting up a new 4X8 tent with an added 600 and taking the 4X4 and adding another T5 bu before i do all this i want to garentee that these bastards wont come back and mess up my new equipment thats all nice and clean. (also getting a new, portable, AC)

thank you so much if you read all of this, and thank you again if you had the time to reply...
Bless!!
-HashHands

I would say it is a definite possibility of the pollen being "crop dusted" throughout the grow. After reading your post, all I can think of is, either it could be a pH issue? Are you pHing your water & nutrient solutions to the same pH every water/feeding? Major spikes in pH can have ill effects on our girls (I learned this my first grow and received hermies). And when supercropping, is this all being taken place during their Veg growth or during flower? Hope we can narrow this down Hash!!

:peace: CA

I would say it is a definite possibility of the pollen being "crop dusted" throughout the grow. After reading your post, all I can think of is, either it could be a pH issue? Are you pHing your water & nutrient solutions to the same pH every water/feeding? Major spikes in pH can have ill effects on our girls (I learned this my first grow and received hermies). And when supercropping, is this all being taken place during their Veg growth or during flower? Hope we can narrow this down Hash!!

:peace: CA

Water is phd to 6.8 (if I even have to ph) most of the time it's spot on. Also have a soil mixture the FFOF of added perlite and dolomite lime to stabilize ph.
As for super cropping, it's usually done a couple weeks or more before the girls go into flower.
So it is possible for pollen go through the whole outtake system? If so cleaning both rooms would be a deffinite. What about the ac?

Thanks for replying
Bless

I am not a pro by any means. This is only my opinion and thought into the matter. With everything I've heard on MALE pollen, being able to travel a vast distance and how resilient it CAN be.. I would definitely say that hermie pollen would also be able to be sucked through an outake and moved around.. and yes into another room, yikes, I would definitely give both rooms a scrub. And for the AC, if im correct, you are pulling air from outside through the window AC, directing the intake into your tent? If so I would say the AC should be good with a new certified hepa filter.

Questions and more thoughts/contemplating..

Are you cleaning your grow room when your plants are harvested and gone, not in another room or something?
I would think that if you had plants around in the house and you are cleaning, particles could get ruffled around and land on them, thus keeping the string of herm alive.. Do you clean your equipment you use regularly?

I keep bouncing back up to your first post, and some of this sounds repetitive, sorry if that's so..
Seems to be a mysterious mystery, i freaking hate those..

I am not a pro by any means. This is only my opinion and thought into the matter. With everything I've heard on MALE pollen, being able to travel a vast distance and how resilient it CAN be.. I would definitely say that hermie pollen would also be able to be sucked through an outake and moved around.. and yes into another room, yikes, I would definitely give both rooms a scrub. And for the AC, if im correct, you are pulling air from outside through the window AC, directing the intake into your tent? If so I would say the AC should be good with a new certified hepa filter.

Questions and more thoughts/contemplating..

Are you cleaning your grow room when your plants are harvested and gone, not in another room or something?
I would think that if you had plants around in the house and you are cleaning, particles could get ruffled around and land on them, thus keeping the string of herm alive.. Do you clean your equipment you use regularly?

I keep bouncing back up to your first post, and some of this sounds repetitive, sorry if that's so..
Seems to be a mysterious mystery, i freaking hate those..

Thanks for the reply again man.
I am cleaning all equiment in that room, I dont break down the tents to take them out. and i though a AC pulled air into it in some way.
Should I replace the filter? or just the sleeve?

I would not worry about the pollen through the A/C for multiple reasons. The extreme heat and cold in the A/C would probably kill the pollen and if not then the moisture around the coils would. Also pollen does not stay alive forever especially if not stored really well.

As for why you have hermies, there is something you are over looking. It IS stress related. I get that you take a lot of pride and care in the plants, that is plain to see. But they are under some type of stress or stresses, hermies don't just happen for no reason with 3 different strains. There is something wrong.

Now as for figuring out what that is. Well, I guess I can give you checklists of things and just go through them and see if perhaps your plants are going through one or even a couple.

1. the light. I know you said it has no leaks in the tents, but what about when you open them do you only go in the tents when its lights on? opening the tent even for 5 seconds when its their "night time" can fuck with them. Remember ANY light during their 12 hours of dark can mess them up.

2. do you have bugs? or perhaps your soil is salted heavily? If your roots are dieing or on life support either because a bug is eating them or salt is drying them out then the plant will not be happy. if you reuse soil over and over with synthetics without heavy flushing occasionally then your soil will be ridden with salt. Things like cha ching or the other heavily concentrated stuff fox farms makes is synthetic so it will cause salt buildup.

3. make sure your watering is right on. Not too much or too little. Both will stress a plant.

4. try to figure out other things you are doing that may somehow stress the plant. Remember hermies happen because the plant basically thinks its gonna die or that its growing conditions are far from optimal and could end. So the plant grows balls and impregnates itself so the species can live on.

BTW if you are really that worried about your air filter being ridden with pollen just was it with water. Water kills pollen.

Thanks for the response Jimmycricket. The only two things I can keep going back to of possibilities is light leak some how or pollen hiding out somewhere. Now I know there is a difference between and hermied plant due to stress etc. and a pollinated plant. Can someone else lain the difference. Cause yes my plants are both male and female due to the white hairs everywhere but this last grow (. Which I just chopped) every single calyx is a seed. So does that mean it was pollinated somehow? Or can stress right from the beginning of flower cause this? I am by no mean a hermie pro, but by the end I think I will be haha. My veg tent sits door open across from the flower tent. Sounds crazy I know, but I really checked good for light leaks. But maybe not good enough??

So my questions are light leak soewhere I missed..?
Difference between stressed hermies and pollinated plants?
Cause I never see bananas, just sacks then seed.
I ordered my new equipment and prior to setting up I want this room perfect. I'm drying the plants in there to make some sort of edible or oil or tincture cause even at a month the trichs are crazy. Should I let the buds dry then move stuff in or can I move them to a different section of the house like a closet without risk? May be a stupid question, it is 6:30 in the morning here and super tired, just haven't been sleeping much since this. <fact. Plant stress = me stressed.
Bless up

Pollen does not cause hermies, so you can scratch that off your list.

However it just occurred to me. Maybe you do not even have hermies. Take a pic and show us your plants.

I just chopped them all down early to prepare for a long couple days of cleaning. But they are hanging in the same room as where I'm going to start again. The same room also has my verging plants in the open.
What's the difference between hermies and straight out pollinated plants? I will post pictures ASAP even though they are chopped.
Any way I can dry them quick and get them out of the room? After all I am only going to make hash or edibles out of them?
Best cleaning method? I was thinking one o those pump pressure wash things with a mild bleach solution and just spray the entire room floors ceiling walls, as well as shelving and the tent itself with all it's equipment.

only thing in the tent with a light in a tower fan, and I covered the light from the begining.

05156.JPG

Theeirss a few pics, every calyx in a premature seed, since these are exactly one month old today. So i decided to chop. but if they are not hermies, what does that mean. that pollen from somwhere is pollenating them? maybe out of the 3 harvests the first grow was a hermie but i didt do a good enough job cleaning? or is it possible to turn a veging plant hermie? I ve heard all sorts of things about vegging plants, and not sure what to believe. some say they are too young, even with pre flowers, others say they can be, others say just give them a good water rinse........ so lost, just want to set fire to everything, move, and start again, but thats no option...

Not hermies dude. Shouldnt of chopped them.

If some of those pistol pods ended up growing a tiny seed its just because you still had some pollen lurking about.

I however didnt even see any seeds forming, except maybe 1.

Sorry the pictures wernt that clear. Every calyx that you see has a seed in it, every last one! It may look like bud, but it's not. Out of the four plants there must have been 300 seeds or more, and that was only 30 days into flower. Two weeks into flower pollen sacs wered open, wore black gloves and had pollen all over them. I wish I could figure this out. New equipment comes tomorrow and the next day.

I just chopped them all down early to prepare for a long couple days of cleaning. But they are hanging in the same room as where I'm going to start again. The same room also has my verging plants in the open.
What's the difference between hermies and straight out pollinated plants? I will post pictures ASAP even though they are chopped.
Any way I can dry them quick and get them out of the room? After all I am only going to make hash or edibles out of them?
Best cleaning method? I was thinking one o those pump pressure wash things with a mild bleach solution and just spray the entire room floors ceiling walls, as well as shelving and the tent itself with all it's equipment.

So you need to get some solid genes, as to negate the weakness of your gene pool as the cause.

My buddy does everything right so if he gets seeds, he knows the plant put off a male stemmer somewhere in his grow.

This happens with variances to the system that cause the plant to develop male and female parts.

If you didn't have males or you pulled everything proper then the intake from one room to another is a good explanation.
oh and pollen can't die. it can be destroyed by heat but "die" is not the word to use. And it is common for seeds to occur if you find a male in there at any time in the grow, on popped shell and the whole thing goes from sensi to seedy.

Back
Top Bottom