Hey guys, new to growing

melbarbiee

Hello everyone! I just joined 420mag for some guidance through my first grow. I am in Toronto, Ontario. With this pandemic I have been stuck inside bored and I think I've smoked more in the last three weeks than I've smoked in my entire life. I had growing on my mind for a while now but I was in a downtown condo before so obviously the lack of space and also the lack of darkness at night just seemed so problematic. Now that I have moved to a place with a yard I figured why not. Also the weed that the government sells here is just downright awful. I keep asking myself why I can't find good weed like we used to smoke 15 years ago. I'm hoping with some TLC I can finally get some decent bud, it may not be perfect but I'm sure it will be better than what I've been buying from the province.

I first started smoking weed as a teen, but had so many bad trips where "friends" would make fun of me and it made me so paranoid so I didn't touch cannabis for many years. Fast forward to 2017 when I had my son, I actually got a cannabis prescription from a doctor for insomnia and postpartum anxiety as well as pain at the epidural site.

One thing I am interested in if anyone wants to comment on it is fertilizers/ composting. Can I make my own compost or do I need to buy the actual store bought fertilizers? I've done some reading but have not actually started anything yet as I'm still waiting for my seeds to come in the mail.

You can make high quality compost at home. You’ll need to add a few additional amendments for a water only soil. A couple of soil growers you might want to follow would be @Van Stank and @bobrown14. Welcome to 420 Magazine.

Welcome, Melbarbiee! You came to the right place.

Welcome @melbarbiee. Look into vermicompost. Takes time to get started but excellent for future grows. Like @Pennywise said if your looking for water only you'll need a few amendments not many though and it makes things super simple. For that look into Living Organic Soil. There's a supplier of such amendments not far from you. PM me and I'll let you know who they are.

Welcome, and i totally hear you on the smoking more than usual lol.
With the boredom, all I wanna do is get high and binge netflix.
:yummy:Start a grow journal if you do start so we all can ride with you on your journey.
Best of luck.

Nice to see somebody from Ontario here. Im in the windsor area. This is the best place you can find for grow advice. This isolation is perfect to get the grow game down. Ive been treating my ptsd and depression for many years and growing it helps as much as using it. Best of luck to you and i hope you and your family all staywell well:ganjamon:

Hey melbarbiee! Welcome!!!
I'm just a few hours north of you! Seems like theres plenty of peeps from Ontario on here, and even in this thread!

Just started my first grow as well, would highly recommend looking into doing a grow journal or reading some of them over....their great info and a great way to reach out for help!

Stay safe & healthy!

Back
Top Bottom