Hey - Help with sex of plants

Arimathea6161

Hey, iv'e started my first grow around 6 weeks ago, two plants were planted a bit late after the rest.
Thing is, 2 out of the 6 plants, seems like a male. but im not sure, as its my first grow and it make me stressed not knowing.

If anyone could see a hint for a male plant let me know, because i dont want it to pollinate my entire grow (which is small anyway..) in the first time D:
I made some pictures of the two. Also, added another one, of the automatic blue dream i have, and for some reason, i see some kind of balls, but im not sure as well :|
Much appreciated!

Plant 1
Unsure1-5.jpg

Unsure1-4.jpg

Unsure1-3.jpg

Unsure1-2.jpg

Unsure1-1.jpg

Plant 2
Unsure2-0.jpg

Unsure2-1.jpg

Unsure2-2.jpg

Unsure2-3.jpg

Unsure2-4.jpg

Unsure2-5.jpg

Unsure2-7.jpg

Unsure2-6.jpg

Unsure2-8.jpg

Unsure2-9.jpg

Plant 3 (Auto)
Just thought i see a ball, im not sure :D
Auto117.jpg
Auto211.jpg
Auto311.jpg
Auto46.jpg

And the whole crop^^
17902693_10211871007078094_1250568614_o.jpg

You should just post your pics on here bro, those links u put up arent loading fully and you cant zoom in to see what your talking about. Nobody will reply if they cant see the pics....

Hmmm....I've never messed with auto flower.... seems too unnatural to me. I feel like a lot of them are hermaphrodites, but may be too soon to tell.
Are you giving the auto 12/12? I've read that's a no no

They are getting 20/4 light schedule and I haven't mess with it. Just thought I'm seeing balls in the auto flowering plant.. And it stressed me a bit ^^ except this one, the rest are feminised seeds or at least suppose to be..

None of them are showing pre flowers at the moment, except for the auto, so it is difficult to tell. If they are feminised seeds then they will be females. As for the auto, you can clearly see that there are pistils and it is female. Those balls you see are called calyxes. Perfectly normal on a female plant. If you look closely there is a pistil coming out of it.

If you want to know the sex of the others you have some options. You can flip to 12/12 on them and you will know in under a week. Post pictures at that time for clarification or use the search button and look at the other thousands of pictures of people asking the same question. You could take clones and flip the clones to 12/12 in a different space and let the "mothers" veg a bit longer. Once again, if they are feminised seeds then they are 100% female. The auto is a female so no worries there...and yes you can run them 12/12 but don't have to as more light is better, but they need some sort of dark period. Another thing is that autos are natural. They come from ruderalis types. Just like indica and sativa, but originated from Russia and the tundra climates where they have a short growing season. It is natural.As for hermies, the only way you get a hermie is from an unstable strain or stress.

If you have more questions might I suggest starting a journal. There you will be able to document your grow and get help if it is needed. The plants look healthy so you have nothing to worry about on that aspect.

Yeah.. I thought about opening a journal and it was a bit too late, i will start it on flowering.
Feminized seeds can never be males? I mean, they can only become hermie then? good to know :0
I will wait few more days to see if anything changes..
Feminized seeds is what ive been told, but those specific seeds i didnt order myself so i have to count on some1's word, and in my country its a bit hard;)

They look healthy, except those two, it seems they grow a bit different than the others. Smaller and much less leaves.

U can also look where both stems meet main stem the stipules if they r crossed like (x) then it's usually indication could be female I have 5 and I was having issues with sexing so started looking at lot of pics of pre flowers and other indicators also if calyts is tear dropped shape then probly female and although big stem and taller usually do mean male other factors like air blowing on them constantly bigger stems two of my females have hugh stems up till just recent I thought male cause of big stem and height but height can be over stretched plants also so it turned out I had 5 females all this time almost throw out the 2 I thought where male plant look health good luck

Back
Top Bottom