Hi from a happy senior, finally legal in Michigan this week

I can't go natural until June or whenever the snow is gone and the days are long. If I can squeeze couple oz from a single houseplant maybe I won't bother.... the lamp I'll get should handle 3 plants after I move out of this townhouse. I don't see why it wouldn't work to move the plants outdoors for the last few weeks once they are budding... ?
The last few weeks is when you get the most weight and density some trichome production aswell. So technically yes you will get bud at the end but more light=more weight+better smoke. But you have touched on the fact that you're not very fussy so for your needs it should be fine.

The last few weeks is when you get the most weight and density some trichome production aswell. So technically yes you will get bud at the end but more light=more weight+better smoke. But you have touched on the fact that you're not very fussy so for your needs it should be fine.

Yes happiness is no-fuss. One thought however is the hours of daylight.... my plan is to set and forget the LED to 18/6 for a winter indoor grow , but the most outdoor daylight here is just under 16 hrs at summer solstice. Now over a period of 10 days I could gradually decrease the LED time by 12 minutes/day .... or I could go with 16/8 from day 1 on the plants I'd move outside ... any input would be appreciated.... don't want to shock/offend any of the ladies.

Yes happiness is no-fuss. One thought however is the hours of daylight.... my plan is to set and forget the LED to 18/6 for a winter indoor grow , but the most outdoor daylight here is just under 16 hrs at summer solstice. Now over a period of 10 days I could gradually decrease the LED time by 12 minutes/day .... or I could go with 16/8 from day 1 on the plants I'd move outside ... any input would be appreciated.... don't want to shock/offend any of the ladies.
A hard switch shouldn't be a problem. Id take advantage of it being indoors and have the lights at a higher number of hours. Help keep the nodes nice and stacked for when she gets to flower and it'll negate too much stretch. Just my personal opinion though I like to keep my girls flat and squat cos Im indoors and wanna maximise floor space but keeping nodes stacked (aswell as more light) contributes to denser buds.

Oops I went and violated forum terms with some of my previous messages about a seed donation, truly sorry to all who noticed and thank you moderators for your gracious reminder and not suspending my account.:peace:

Well now I have 5 Tangerine Dream auto seeds delivered (6 days) they are being guarded from evil spirits by my dragon buddy....
dragonhead2.jpg
Starting a grow journal is probably premature ... I think maybe better to wait at least until I soak a seed... and I've just ordered some more indoor auto seeds, one strain claims flowering in just 60 days. I ordered 2 varieties although neither are pure sativa but the pricing I stumbled upon was irresistible and Auto Durban Poison was listed as sativa dominant. The other, Sour 60 (Lowryder x Masterkush x Blueberry x Sour Bubble) , is the 60 day wonder... . I ordered 3 of each. The light I'll be getting will support these 3 ladies. The 60 day wonder should not get any training or topping and I could train the others to follow it's size if necessary.

I'm going to give up my man-cave closet for a grow cage ... 9 sq ft that will allow a bush up to about 4ft tall once I remove the shelf and hang a light. I used to brew beer and still have some 6 gal buckets, plenty of osb and leftover lumber from summer renovations. First step is to measure and cut the osb and paint it white.

First grow will be an auto-fem to finish before May so there's time before mid June to veg some pure sativa for seed, they will go outdoors ... am thinking a 33 gal garbage pail would make a nice planter for the females, I've got half a truckload of topsoil sitting alongside my back yard to mix up as soon as the snow melts.....

grow3.jpg

Happy new year from my basement,
btt.jpg

I visited the local hydroponic supply store this morning and picked up 2cu ft of #4 Perlite, close to Amazon cost but have to pay 6% sales tax where my Amazon visa pays 5% cash back and usually no tax. They didn't stock any cheap lights and only large size nutrients so I have an Amazon order with a pint set of the Foxfarm Hydro Trio product. the grow light is arriving Friday, a KIng 1000w LED that draws 185w from the wall. I may get a bigger unit some day and use this for veg&clone.:bongrip:

Now I need to get moving on the diy Grow Room.

Back
Top Bottom