Hi from a happy senior, finally legal in Michigan this week

Waiting is already becoming very difficult.... I keep hearing an auto flower seed calling my name, I need to silence that. I am thinking of pulling the trigger on a $90 600W LED, make a small white painted cardboard or 1/4" plywood cage and growing one plant here in my temporary townhouse. Not looking for max yield, 1 oz would keep us happy until I get moved back into my house and I'd know if my lamp passed Q.C., etc. The stink might become a worry for a few weeks but I can do it upstairs/top floor so chances are nobody will notice..... and if they do I am legal!! And I could start a journal too, lol. I guess I should order my seed(s) first ....

so chances are nobody will notice.....
Those famous last words have ended many a grow. It is incredible the smell that these babies put off starting around 3-4 weeks ... one plant can invade an entire house. You don't notice it so much sitting there, but you will walk in the house one day and say, omg, this place reeks. That will be the end of your grow if the people around you object... especially if you don't own the property. Do you wonder why grow tents, fans and filters are so popular? This is the reason.

You know your neighbors and your place, but as emilya says, chances are someone -will- notice. It’s newly legal but someone will complain as soon as they get a whiff. People are always sniffing around. And you have to worry about security, some stupid kid might get curious.
Do it,for sure, but keep it cool. I recommend a carbon filter. You want to be able to grow something stinky, don’t you?:cool:
You’ll notice, don’t worry, no problem. You can get a filter and fan shipped,to you in a day for the price of a couple eighths. Easy peasy.

Those famous last words have ended many a grow. It is incredible the smell that these babies put off starting around 3-4 weeks ... one plant can invade an entire house. You don't notice it so much sitting there, but you will walk in the house one day and say, omg, this place reeks. That will be the end of your grow if the people around you object... especially if you don't own the property. Do you wonder why grow tents, fans and filters are so popular? This is the reason.

Thank you for the attempted buzz-kill but at 72 yrs old I am familiar with the issues as I am not new to growing and do not wonder about the uses for tents, fans and filters.

However I do wonder about the fee I just discovered with Seedman shipping!

DISCREET DELIVERY PRODUCT - AT OUR DISCRETION
QTY: 1
$9.08

It actually seems to be insurance for free re-shipping if the order is lost ... but as I selected tracking on the order how likely that it would it be lost??? As far as discreet delivery of the product, there is this claim:

"All orders are sent in discreet packaging.
When you order from us, our packaging team will carefully decide whether it should be sent in a plain, protective envelope, a DVD case for added protection or something else for longer deliveries."

I am wondering if anyone opted out of this insurance fee and not received satisfaction?

Customs may seize the package. It's still federally illegal. If they do seedsman sends another one. No insurance no second package. How confident are you that customs will do their job and find your contraband?

My order was large enough I could not afford to repurchase it if it didn't make it, I purchased the stealth delivery and was impressed by it.

Customs may seize the package. It's still federally illegal. If they do seedsman sends another one. No insurance no second package. How confident are you that customs will do their job and find your contraband?

My order was large enough I could not afford to repurchase it if it didn't make it, I purchased the stealth delivery and was impressed by it.

my confidence of Murphy's law is higher than of customs .... but ugh, it burns me to pay an additional 20% of a $50 order, I'd like to find some statistics on how many times packages are actually siezed.

my confidence of Murphy's law is higher than of customs .... but ugh, it burns me to pay an additional 20% of a $50 order, I'd like to find some statistics on how many times packages are actually siezed.
Mine only disappeared once , it took 45 days and the replacement was here in five days after it shipped again!

Welcome, I'm also from the mitten (as u can tell in my username lol). These are great forums, there is alot of great people,and there is a ton of knowledge on here, if ur needing info or just have a question, all you have to do is ask and 9/10 someone on here has the info your looking for. But if ur willing to listen and take it in you can learn a ton, I know I have. But glad to have ya,look forward to seeing some beauty's out of ur garden. Glad to have ya.

As far as seeds being seized.. out of the 2 orders I've placed... both orders the split into 2 parcels because I had such a large order, they don't wanna get hit for 8-1000$ so they split it and rather would get hit for half then the whole thing. But anyway first time from seed supreme first package arrived in 13days and the 2nd sat for 21 days then moved from wherever it was at the time and got it in 2 days and my package was opened and seeds were sized...
This order from attitude they also split into 2, I got 1 all good so far and the other is schedule for delivery tomorrow so I'll find out shortly if I got them or not. But this time the havnt sit anywhere more than 2 days even at customs , so fingers crossed I think I'll be ok... but only time will tell.

Waiting is already becoming very difficult.... I keep hearing an auto flower seed calling my name, I need to silence that. I am thinking of pulling the trigger on a $90 600W LED, make a small white painted cardboard or 1/4" plywood cage and growing one plant here in my temporary townhouse. Not looking for max yield, 1 oz would keep us happy until I get moved back into my house and I'd know if my lamp passed Q.C., etc. The stink might become a worry for a few weeks but I can do it upstairs/top floor so chances are nobody will notice..... and if they do I am legal!! And I could start a journal too, lol. I guess I should order my seed(s) first ....
I remember back....had 15 pots in the closet...was ready to force a sex...one night this dude from down the street knocks on my door...he's drunk...fell thru glass table....bleeding profusely...asking me to call 911....just fucking petrified....can't refuse him....bleeding in living room...cops come...ems....fuck either went walking down my trailer hallway...still be behind bars....he refuses ems...cop says your job take him in...so just as quick as I could...loaded him up...got authorties out and away...we went....I may have shit my pants...till I stopped at the er....he says...wanna wait for me...said sure....drove off....they smelled so good....I of them going to use bathroom...I was done....whiskers close...my friend

Thank you for the attempted buzz-kill but at 72 yrs old I am familiar with the issues as I am not new to growing and do not wonder about the uses for tents, fans and filters.
I was not attempting to kill your buzz... sorry I got you grumpy with my response. I had no idea your age or experience when you posted the question, but you would have to admit that your comment about maybe someone not noticing really made you sound inexperienced in such matters and no one knew you were joking. Continue on and enjoy your buzz and I will try not to bother you again.

I remember back....had 15 pots in the closet...was ready to force a sex...one night this dude from down the street knocks on my door...he's drunk...fell thru glass table....bleeding profusely...asking me to call 911....just fucking petrified....can't refuse him....bleeding in living room...cops come...ems....fuck either went walking down my trailer hallway...still be behind bars....he refuses ems...cop says your job take him in...so just as quick as I could...loaded him up...got authorties out and away...we went....I may have shit my pants...till I stopped at the er....he says...wanna wait for me...said sure....drove off....they smelled so good....I of them going to use bathroom...I was done....whiskers close...my friend

I actually had cops in my house with a search warrant once but they were looking for computer equipment and they passed within inches of a crapload of weed and either didn't know or didn't care. Prior to that when I was in the Army, the military police searched my on-base townhouse and found a lb in my briefcase but I was not home at the moment... of course I was summoned from work but the first thing I did was slide open the patio door to show it was not locked. My defense was that a visitor (recently discharged and visiting) had put his stash there and ran out when they were knocking on the door... and somehow it worked... although my visitor had actually departed the day before. I guess it helped that I had deployment orders and they didn't want to mess with canceling that.

I was not attempting to kill your buzz... sorry I got you grumpy with my response. I had no idea your age or experience when you posted the question, but you would have to admit that your comment about maybe someone not noticing really made you sound inexperienced in such matters, no one knew you were joking. Continue on and enjoy your buzz and I will try not to bother you again.

Well, first off I am not actually grumpy I am just messing with you because I started this thread with the word 'Senior' so most folks would have some idea about my age... and I was not joking as the layout, location and other factors of my place have the potential for the smell to go unnoticed long enough for me to have some fun. Feel free to bother me all you want, peace.

update: no worries about customs now, I found a sativa (60%) source that ships from CA for $9.95 with tracking, are supposed to ship within 3 days. .... so my 5 Tangerine Dream Auto-Flowering seeds should arrive before Christmas, for better or for worse, USA all the way. I'll get a journal started when I open the package.

Welcome vtwin! You may get bit by the growing bug and be "over-thinking" it in no time :) Welcome to the rabbit hole! Happy growing!!

not much chance of over-thinking here, did that before and caused too many problems. With the current potency and yield potentials, any reasonable care will grow weed that will satisfy my low-maintenance needs. My growing bug will actually be focused on vegetables and normal herbs.... and maybe mushrooms.

Lol, my vtwin is actually not a HD but I do have a cousin named Davidson who rides a Road King.

I may eventually check out some journals but imo growing weed is way over-thought. I used to collect seeds from from street weed and save them in a quart jar. I'd sort out the best looking ones, germinate a handful in a glass of water, pick our a couple dozen of the best looking quick-sprouters and had wonderful results.

I'm saturated with indica ... now with the all the choices online I am going to focus on sativa and see if I can spend more time upright... lol.
I agree with the "overthought" part. You can keep things simple and grow amazing weed. As long as you stick to specific parameters you're golden, atleast indoors anyway but you're goin au' natural so I'll shut up lol.
Welcome vtwin!

I agree with the "overthought" part. You can keep things simple and grow amazing weed. As long as you stick to specific parameters you're golden, atleast indoors anyway but you're goin au' natural so I'll shut up lol.
Welcome vtwin!

I can't go natural until June or whenever the snow is gone and the days are long. If I can squeeze couple oz from a single houseplant maybe I won't bother.... the lamp I'll get should handle 3 plants after I move out of this townhouse. I don't see why it wouldn't work to move the plants outdoors for the last few weeks once they are budding... ?

Welcome brother I to am from the mitten, the northern part lol. Ive got my first auto a couple weeks away from harvest their amazing. Im running the ever so popular Dark Devil Auto. I cant wait to check out your journal bro Tangerine Dream auto sounds amazing!

Back
Top Bottom