Hi I’m Bam and will be buying a tent piece by piece in the next few months

BAM55448

So I am thinking I will use DWC For my first grow. From what I have been reading it is fast and easy enough. I am looking at the Mars ts600 in an 80x80x170cm tent. I was wanting the two “room” rent to have a vegetation side and setup a perpetual 2x3 plant grow. The tent is just 6cm too high to fit in the basement. I was thinking can you cut the pools a few cm? Oh well I will be getting the fan and double cf next month maybe the light. The tent I will worry about last.

So I am thinking I will use DWC For my first grow. From what I have been reading it is fast and easy enough. I am looking at the Mars ts600 in an 80x80x170cm tent. I was wanting the two “room” rent to have a vegetation side and setup a perpetual 2x3 plant grow. The tent is just 6cm too high to fit in the basement. I was thinking can you cut the pools a few cm? Oh well I will be getting the fan and double cf next month maybe the light. The tent I will worry about last.
Welcome @BAM55448 to :420: !

Looks like your off to a great start. I'm sure there are plenty of ways you could modify the tent, but seeing as I have no experience modifying tents I'll wait for a more experienced grower to answer.

What are your plans for ventilation and cooling?
Nute lineup?
Thoughts on first seeds your going to try?

If you haven't yet, a good area for some serious learning is the grow journal of the month section. Plenty of amazing info from great growers!

What are your plans for ventilation and cooling?
Nute lineup?
Thoughts on first seeds your going to try?

If you haven't yet, a good area for some serious learning is the grow journal of the month

I would like to do a Kush and a Northern Lights for my first grow. As for ventilation it will be in a larger room in the basement, I could vent to the chimney it is the in the next room. That will be a last resort I was going to vent into the room. Filtered of course, would that cover smells or does it need to be vented outside? I have been reading the journals very interesting.

Buy a 4' x 75' roll of 6 ml. Diamond Mylar & cover your walls with it instead of using a tent.
You've got a basement so you most likely have duct work down there you can tap into for heat & AC.
Add a Carbon Filter & Exhaust fan to exhaust out the window & a decent light & you can start growing & add the rest later.
I'd advise you to keep things simple & start with a soil grow. DWC isn't as easy as it sounds. Not hard but you have to keep on top of things much more & there's not much room for forgiveness is you mess up.
With soil you have more time to correct deficiencies & toxicities (which almost all of us get at some time or another). Get some Fox Farms Ocean Forrest Soil to grow in. Get some Mega Crop all purpose plant food & make feeding nutes as easy as it gets.
In DWC you constantly have to keep your pH around 5.8 (check it twice per day). You have to keep your water temps under 75 F & your room temps higher. Put it this way. You'll be checking everything twice per day with DWC & once every 2 - 3 days with soil.
I'm not saying to never do DWC. But get a grow or 2 in soil first so you know how the plants grow & react to things.

Buy a 4' x 75' roll of 6 ml. Diamond Mylar & cover your walls with it instead of using a tent.
You've got a basement so you most likely have duct work down there you can tap into for heat & AC.
Add a Carbon Filter & Exhaust fan to exhaust out the window & a decent light & you can start growing & add the rest later.

ya I do need an enclosed environment, I’m defiantly going with the tent. I can’t do it rite now we are going out of town in the next few months. But as for the ducting... I don’t live in America and we build differently here. I have a heater exhaust duct that goes through the adjacent room to the chimney And that is in the next room. There is no windows in the room just an internal door And an external door. In order to duct to the next room I will need to drill a hole through a 25cm Thick concrete wall. But the room that I want to do this in is rather large. about the size of a bedroom Almost 4x4 meters. Thanks for your assistance
BAM

Back
Top Bottom