Hi there, having an issue with my grow

SlackerShade

420 Member
Hey, i'm having a small issue with my grow and im getting quite worried about the long term effects of this, so i decided to make a thread here to ask for help identifying my problem. It's my first grow so there are huge gaps in my knowledge and i feel like this is something that can be fixed easily once properly identified. Anyhow, as you can see in the pictures attatched i've got some yellowing of the leaves, i think it's a ph issue, but im not 100% sure, i've been testing the water i've been using and it's mostly around 7.0. I should also add, that about 3-4 days ago the leaves at the very bottom of the plant started to turn yellow/fall off, thats what first alerted me to the problem.

Hi.
I’m a new grower too and had an issue with this.
I think the yellowing is caused by a lack of or too much nutrients.
I’m sure there’s a clip on youtube about it.
My yellowing was kinda stripey and was caused by me lining the trays with foil.
I’m sure it’s a nutrient issue.
How often and by how much are you feeding?
It may be that too.

Hi.
I’m a new grower too and had an issue with this.
I think the yellowing is caused by a lack of or too much nutrients.
I’m sure there’s a clip on youtube about it.
My yellowing was kinda stripey and was caused by me lining the trays with foil.
I’m sure it’s a nutrient issue.
How often and by how much are you feeding?
It may be that too.

So i'm following a routine with my nutrients of 2 days with and 1 day with plain water, using the recommended amount per litre of water, which in the case of the nutrients i'm using is usually between 0.25-1.0 mil per litre, as its concentrated. Up until 1ish week ago my plants were looking fantastic and green. but now growth has slowed and the yellowing has appeared. I've got a water PH meter already, and I've got a soil ph meter on the way and it should arrive tomorrow.

And ye as you can see on mine, the yellowing is sort of starting in layers, first it gets the edge of the leaf then it works its way into the centre. Completely bamboozled me, i really don't want anything to go wrong with this grow :(.

Hi there Shade, wed be happy to help! However, we really need a little bit more information on your grow. Medium? Strain? Temp/RH? Nutes/amounts?
Sure thing. the grow medium is Biobizz all-mix soil , Strain is Royal queen seeds - Candy kush express. Temp of the tent is usually between 25-30 celcius with rh of 35-40%. The nutrients are from buddhas tree, i'm using the flower burst/solar green power/PK9-18 and meta-boost, Each one has a different amount per litre but the usual amount tends to be 0.25ml/litre of water.

So i'm following a routine with my nutrients of 2 days with and 1 day with plain water

So how often are you watering? This sounds like you're doing it every day. Which would be far too often for soil. Could you also include some pictures with natural light? The blurple makes it harder to see the true colors. @Emilya is more familiar with soil than I, and very knowledgeable, she may also be able to lend a hand here.

Hey, here are the plants in normal light as requested, and yeah my watering cycle is for example, monday/tuesday with nutes, wednesday with water, then nothing thursday, then nutes friday/sat and water sunday, then nothing on monday etc. i tried to follow the watering advice off of a youtube video i watched.

Attachments

• DSC_0014.JPG
    DSC_0014.JPG
    554.7 KB · Views: 19
  • DSC_0015.JPG
    DSC_0015.JPG
    552.4 KB · Views: 25
  • DSC_0016.JPG
    DSC_0016.JPG
    481.7 KB · Views: 19
So how often are you watering? This sounds like you're doing it every day. Which would be far too often for soil. Could you also include some pictures with natural light? The blurple makes it harder to see the true colors. @Emilya is more familiar with soil than I, and very knowledgeable, she may also be able to lend a hand here.
Posted pictures with normal light but forgot to do it in a reply :(.

So i'm following a routine with my nutrients of 2 days with and 1 day with plain water, using the recommended amount per litre of water, which in the case of the nutrients i'm using is usually between 0.25-1.0 mil per litre, as its concentrated. Up until 1ish week ago my plants were looking fantastic and green. but now growth has slowed and the yellowing has appeared. I've got a water PH meter already, and I've got a soil ph meter on the way and it should arrive tomorrow.

And ye as you can see on mine, the yellowing is sort of starting in layers, first it gets the edge of the leaf then it works its way into the centre. Completely bamboozled me, i really don't want anything to go wrong with this grow :(.

Just a heads up--unless you spend the big money, soil ph testers are pretty much useless. They are not accurate.

Here's a link for "Slurry Testing soil" that is helpful for finding data about your soil PH. It's very easy to do. If you have a cheaper style ph meter, I suggest testing the "run off" water, by quickly filtering out the soil from the water. Direct contact on the ph testers probe might damage it.

Generally though, if you've made it through veg without these issues, the soil ph is probably not much different.

Personally, I'd bring the feeding water's ph down to 6.5 for future watering.

my watering cycle is for example, monday/tuesday with nutes, wednesday with water, then nothing thursday, then nutes friday/sat and water sunday, then nothing on monday etc.

I've always used the weight method. By picking up your pot after you've fully watered and getting an idea of the weight. Then, waiting and let the soil dry out. Then pick up your pot and get the weight again. You'll notice quite a reduction. When the pot is light, then you can water until you see runoff. Then pick up the pot every so often until it's nice and light. Then water again. I should mention I grow in Coco, so I feed/water every day. I know with soil you don't need nutes with every feeding. So that's about where my experience ends :confused:

This is what PlastekShark is talking about:

This is what PlastekShark is talking about:
Thanks for this, i'll start watering my plants like this from now on, though i do have one question about this method, when i do water, do i water until i see runoff?) then stop, and wait a few days till they're light and dry again?

Do you guys think the yellowing is to do with my watering then? If it is that's kind of a relief, but if not i shall continue on my quest to find out what is wrong with my plants.

Read this,@Emilya has bailed many folks out with it,but you need to actually do it:

You gotta lighten up on the feeding,too-4 times a week is 8 times too much,IMO

Read this,@Emilya has bailed many folks out with it,but you need to actually do it:

You gotta lighten up on the feeding,too-4 times a week is 8 times too much,IMO
Hey i really appreciate this link man, thanks! I've been watering wrong for sure, time to fix that, and at the same time, i hope it will fix my yellow leaves :)

The link carcass posted is a great tutorial, written by one of the most experienced growers here.
Every situation is going to be different, because of plant size container size, humidity, temperature, and airflow.

I personally like to see about 15%-20% runoff when I water.

I doubt any of this will "fix" the yellow in your leaves though. Generally, once they change, they don't "re-green", they'll wilt and drop off, just like the others. It's completely natural.

Hopefully, it will prevent any further yellowing.

Back
Top Bottom