New to growing, keep having this issue with my leaves

saltycorp

420 Member
Hey all, first time posting but I'm starting to loose my mind here. I'm currently a growing noob who's been trying to get their head around whats causing my plants to have their leaves go so cripsy. I've checked online across multiple sites, incliuding this forums pinned FAQs but nothing looks exactly what is happening to my plants. The photo attached is my current seedling, it seemed to be doing okay initially but then after a few days the crispy/dying edges of the leaves started to happen. I completed my first grow a month back and this was something that had happened midway through the grow, it wasn't the greatest yeild but I put this down to mostly rookie mistakes such as leaving the sapling in a small pot too long and it getting root bound.

Capture.PNG

If anyone can help me identitfy what's causing this issue I would be incredibly greatful, I also apologise if this has been posted else where but I've at my wits end.

Many thanks from a novice grower.

I've checked online across multiple sites, incliuding this forums pinned FAQs but nothing looks exactly what is happening to my plants.
Some of those FAQs should have a list of suggested things to mention as part of getting help with our grows. Is the plant in soil or soil-less? Is it home-made or purchased? @Tokin Roll brings up a couple more. The more you tell us the better the chance that someone will recognize that you are using what they use.

Indoor Grow, using multi purpose compost mixed with perlit at about 70/30%.
It's an auto flowering seed 'Royal Dwarf'.
Nutrients it's been having potassium mixed in with water.

It's currently on 12 hour on / off cycle at around 28c at 50% brightness on the LED.

The largest leaf there appears to have something white, or whiteish on it, is that something you spilled on it? Or maybe lighting (I can't see it very clearly) but it *could be* powdery mildew.

Also wondering why you are limiting light strength AND light hours? The plant probably wants a little more of both.

It's currently on 12 hour on / off cycle
I don't grow auto-flowers but that light schedule is on the weak side for a developing and growing seedlings or young plants of either type. Shortened periods of light cuts into the photosynthesis. Your current schedule is the recommended times of light and dark for photo-period plants when they are in their flower phase. Otherwise, pour on the light.

If you think that the problem is caused by the lights then raise them up higher or lower the plant.

Capture.PNG

Heres a better image of the plant. I've taken your advise and bumped up the light, it's now 14 /10 and have increased the brightness to 75%. Does that sound about right for a seedling?

In terms of nurtriants, I've heard tomato feed is good for saplings, is this true?

Many thanks to everyone whos replied, really appreciate it :D

It still looks like powdery mildew to me, and I can see it in the other leaf now too. I would try some kind of fungicidal spray if you have one, maybe something like copper. I would work on getting some air moving at /around the plant as well.
Tomato feed is not ideal, but it will work ok, especially in veg - you will likely encounter problems with it farther into flower.

Nutrients it's been having potassium mixed in with water.
And there ya go- flowering plants need potassium, seedlings, not so much...
You're burning the leaves up with the un-needed potassium...
Tomato food isn't ideal, but much better than what you're feeding now.
I agree with @Sueet - looks like a little powdery mildew going on also.

I bought a small fan to go inside the grow tent to keep the airflow going, so that hopefully covers that.

Any suggestions on nuteriants I should use instead of tomato feed? I'll look for some fungal spray as well.

Hey all, first time posting but I'm starting to loose my mind here. I'm currently a growing noob who's been trying to get their head around whats causing my plants to have their leaves go so cripsy. I've checked online across multiple sites, incliuding this forums pinned FAQs but nothing looks exactly what is happening to my plants. The photo attached is my current seedling, it seemed to be doing okay initially but then after a few days the crispy/dying edges of the leaves started to happen. I completed my first grow a month back and this was something that had happened midway through the grow, it wasn't the greatest yeild but I put this down to mostly rookie mistakes such as leaving the sapling in a small pot too long and it getting root bound.

Capture.PNG

If anyone can help me identitfy what's causing this issue I would be incredibly greatful, I also apologise if this has been posted else where but I've at my wits end.

Many thanks from a novice grower.
your only giving it water right it should only have water its a baby so just a few cups in the morning till it grows just let it grow

your only giving it water right it should only have water its a baby so just a few cups in the morning till it grows just let it grow
is that cow sh$t i see if so rake it far away from the plant its burning it the poop is burning your baby yea i just noticed that

Back
Top Bottom