Grow Issues?

thehitman

I have a few grows under my belt and have had some success and have had my share of problems too. This board has been a great source of help.

The current problem has me kinda stumped.

The grow:

Seeds are of unknown types I had from past grows and bags - could be different strains - but all other factors are consistently the same for the whole grow. They all have the Same soil, pots, nuts, watering schedule, light schedule, etc. 3 are under HPS 600w, two are under the LED 450. They all went into 12/12 at the same time.

the problem or question:

Currently have five plants in flower stage for two weeks. Three plants appear to be female, healthy, showing early flowers - in other words they are normal, progressing nicely.

One plant however is stressed, leafs curling under (claw) w some leaves turning yellow and falling off (lower leaves). This plant has very narrow leaves which looks like mostly sativa to me.

I'm guessing it may be suffering from too much N, (but no other plants are showing signs of too much N??) so I will flush with plain water and give no nuts for awhile to see what happens. Could it be more sensitive to the nute level than the other plants?

the other problem is one plant (wide leaves, looks more like indica) that seems to be stuck in the veg stage, it has grown larger but not going into flower - pre flowers may finally be starting today, but it is really behind schedule when compared to the three in flower?? perhaps explained by possible different genetics??

Since the only variable in this whole grow is the possible different strains, I guess it must be chalked up to the differences in the strains of cannabis?

Anyone with other ideas, let me know - thanks!

hitman

Every strain will grow differently. Every different phontype of a given strain will grow differently. Different strains will respond differently to nutrients. With the plant in question, what light is it under?

Can you upload pictures?

A nitrogen toxicity will have dark green leaves and usually the edges will have deep claws. Is this what you are seeing?

Also, how long did the stressed sativa stay in veg? Some sativas do not mature as fast as others. If you put an immature plant under a 12/12 cycle, it will continue in vegetation until it becomes sexually mature.

Some sativas want less 'N' than the typical indica. Yellow leaves drooping/dropping sounds like possible over water. We really need pictures.

Thanks - i know the drill on photos, unfortunately I can't do that at the present time.

The sativa was under the LED now moved under the HPS. Been using both lights for awhile, the plants seem to like both.

I do think that it may have been overwatered (a common mistake, and i am guilty as charged) as well as too much nitrogen. Hopefully, the plant will recover - if not, well I have a clone.

I think UltraDan may be right on - different strains have somewhat different needs with nutes.

The slow indica was pushed into the flower cycle early, that may account for the delay in flower stage. It has just started the stretch and shows some pre flowers I think. It is bushy and short.

I used plain water on all plants today, will continue with plain water for a few days and monitor closely.

Back
Top Bottom