High dli for autoflowers

browntrout1

420 Member
Hi my name is Bill from eastern Canada...I was just wondering about pushing autoflowers on 50 dli... Alot of opinions on this topic...I was on 20/4 light schedule but changed to 24/0 because of high humidity in my garage...everything is on point,could someone help a brother out.

Welcome Bill,

As long as you’re dialed in with everything else, 50 should be fine. I do advise against 24/0, plants greatly benefit from a little down time, and the extra hours don’t justify the additional cost and stress. However if it works for you, it works for you, and that’s what matters.

If humidity is an issue a few extra fans can help immensely. If you get oscillating fans you can aim them directly at your flowers, set to oscillate, and you’ll keep mold and mildew away. More airflow and higher temps both lower rh.

Others will be around soon enough to share their opinions as well.

Welcome Bill,

As long as you’re dialed in with everything else, 50 should be fine. I do advise against 24/0, plants greatly benefit from a little down time, and the extra hours don’t justify the additional cost and stress. However if it works for you, it works for you, and that’s what matters.

If humidity is an issue a few extra fans can help immensely. If you get oscillating fans you can aim them directly at your flowers, set to oscillate, and you’ll keep mold and mildew away. More airflow and higher temps both lower rh.

Others will be around soon enough to share their opinions as well.
Thank you..just easier to keep everything on point..I'm in late flower an it's my best grow...

these are the guidelines I use.

Screenshot_20231210_102134_Chrome.jpg

Yes I use these charts....I just push it a little..

Not a huge deal. Bugbee has grown at 65+. As long as you keep everything else up with the amount of light you’re good. You’ll find the spot for your environment where your only move left is co2, that’s when you’re nailing it. I haven’t found it yet, takes a lot of patience.

Not a huge deal. Bugbee has grown at 65+. As long as you keep everything else up with the amount of light you’re good. You’ll find the spot for your environment where your only move left is co2, that’s when you’re nailing it. I haven’t found it yet, takes a lot of patience.
Thank again...it's nice to go on a site with informative information...I will triple my yield this grow...Learned from trial an error...This grow I topped,lollipopping,defoliating and lst just like photos...My autoflowers are short 20 inches with 30 t

Hi my name is Bill from eastern Canada...I was just wondering about pushing autoflowers on 50 dli... Alot of opinions on this topic...I was on 20/4 light schedule but changed to 24/0 because of high humidity in my garage...everything is on point,could someone help a brother out.
Welcome to 420Magazine Bill from down East. . :welcome: :high-five:
Bill from Northern Ontario here.:ciao:
I believe someone posted a chart for you.
If you need anything else let us know. :thumb:
Any pics of your garden?

Stay safe
Bill284 😎

That's however grown using a very unique phenotype in a very controlled CO2 enriched environment. There's not many plants that can handle that amount of light and that's talking from experience. That's why people keep certain cuts and clone only strains because of unique growth characteristics and effects.

Saying "As long as you keep everything else in check" is leaving out a lot from the question. The plants themselves will ultimately tell you what you can and cannot do, not following charts and numbers you've found on the internet.

I am using Photone app to measure my dli. only thing is I have checked my dli with three different phones with the app downloaded and every phone had a different dli.

What are you guys using to measure the dli.

Most people around here use Photone. There’s a few who use Pulse Pro, and a few who use an Apogee. I used an apogee next to Photone and it got me within a few points so I was good with that.

Thank you,I'm now running 45 dli @ 24 hours...The plants were a little stressed

They look cold and hungry. That’s what I meant by keeping up on everything else when you increase the light.
IMG_7735.jpeg

When you run your light that high all of those factors need to be dialed in

They are hungry,not cold tho

What temp are you running? Plants like it around 85F all the way until almost the end of flower.

You’re in a tough spot with feeding. You don’t wanna feed too much and mess with resin production but you also don’t want to feed too little and have her cannibalize too quickly. What week are you in?

Back
Top Bottom