High!

AzureGrower

420 Member
Hello Everyone!

I have been lurking here for a while, soaking in as much as I can and learning a lot. I finally made an account and decided it was time I introduced myself to what seems to be a wonderful community.

Hi, I am AzureGrower, but just Az is fine.
I am an avid lover of marijuana and I have done a couple micro-grows back in the early 2010's. I've kept a small "victory garden" (if that doesn't show my age...) since my mid 20's. I just love to grow, but I have this undeniable pull towards marijuana since my teens, and now that my state is legal (Missouri), I no longer have the responsibilities nor the fears that I had in my earlier years and I am now ready to get this ball rolling.

I love marijuana so much that being in my 40's I am back in school for a Horticulture degree and I am about two semesters away from graduating, depending on how my schedule and class schedules allow. I want to grow marijuana for the rest of my life, and if I could, I would walk into the "good night" through a door in my garden.

Presently, I am working on a few different things to get some much needed experience, as well as looking for a mentor to help fast track my knowledge and experience. As such, I plan to use this place as a means to network, get my ideas and goals put down and organized, and do some journaling to help keep track of my growth in this endeavor of mine.

First goal is in two parts.
  1. Gather equipment necessary
  2. Get the flower train chugging
Equipment: I have a mars hydro ts1000 for Mothers-to-Be, clones and initial veg. When money allows, I plan to use the ts1000 for clones and mothers only and get a light specifically for the veg cycle. @Budget LED I'm looking at you guys. I have the BudgetLED v3 RSpec+ for my flower cycle and I am VERY excited to get some plants under that marvelous lighting creation.​

Second goal is once in again two parts.
  1. Figure out which ones are my females
  2. Order fem seeds of genetics that I know I want
Females: So, i put most of my initial money into lights as I believe they have priority over most things when it comes to indoor growing. With that said, to get the ball rolling I have planted 4 bag-seeds, taken clones and awaiting the initial veg of the clones before I throw them into flower. Obviously any males that show up will be sentenced to death and culled immediately. I have already done this to one plant as it presexed and showed me his banana's. I was sad that I had to take him out of the garden but he didn't have to be so vulgar about showing his nuts off.... sheesh, some plants have no dignity. smh​

Third goal is again in two parts. (Are we seeing a theme here?)
  1. Bonsai all chosen females that will be Mothers
  2. Start pheno-hunting from the fem'ed seeds that I will order
Bonsai: Fairly straight-forward and easy. I did this during my micro-growing adventures.​
Pheno-hunting: Because of plant limitations and restrictions, this is going to be a slow lengthy process, but I am up for the challenge.​

I have a few others but those are the top priority ones. Items that I am very interested in looking into are:
  • LOS (Living Organic Soil)
  • MegaCrop
  • Vulx (@Vulx I'm looking at you)
  • and more, always learning and trying to keep up with what's new in the industry
Well, that's probably it for my introduction. Thanks for taking the time with me and I can't wait to talk with you all, share and discuss findings, and to grow with you all.

Happy growing, to you and your plants!

Welcome! You came to the right place. Alot of great resources here and I look forward to seeing your grows!

Hey Az,

I feel like I've seen you around somewhere else before: Instagram maybe?

At any rate, feel free to let me know what questions you have.

Here's a quick rundown:

Vulx is a mineral mixture made of non-water soluble, micronized, homogenous minerals. These minerals are designed to increase the availability, retention, and uptake efficiency of water and nutrients. To use it, mix in Vulx by hand at the recommended dose in your soil and listen to your plants.

For more information you can checkout my website, a mod review, or a couple of grow journals in my signature.

Cheers!

@Silverfox125 Thank you! I am definitely liking what I am seeing so far, even some of the bickering that often happens in places like this I don't mind so much. I just try to look at what's to be learned and not focus on the negative.
I was able to get a second and I skimmed through one of your journals. Will definitely go back and read more in depth when I get a chance. From what I seen though, It looks like you got a good handle on growing the green.

@Budget LED And I look forward to using your product. ;)

@Vulx Azure is semi-common. Makes it hard to use the name I want sometimes. The most I do is generally Facebook and Reddit, I don't do Instagram or other social medias. Facebook is mainly just to keep up with friends and I don't really do much posting there, Reddit none it all, but it is my go to when I need a break from Facebook. I've read through a couple of the other marijuana forums but I want to settle here as I like the "atmosphere" here more than the others.
As an aside: Is the free sample deal still available?

@Advocate420 Thank you thank you! And I you. I will definitely give a link when I start a journal. Should be soon. I don't want to jump the gun and do a half-assed one as school is keeping me pretty busy. I will get my thoughts in proper order and get one started, but I don't anticipate being able to hit it hard and heavy until the end of May when the semester is out. I won't take any summer courses this year so I should be able to keep up with everything fairly easily.

As an aside: Is the free sample deal still available?

Unfortunately I'm not doing the free samples at this time, but the code 420mag still works for 15% off any order, and shipping is free. You will be happy with the purchase.

All that said, I'm interested in your university... I'm looking to partner with schools for efficacy trials (obviously would be done on other plants). Send me a DM if that's in the realm of possibility.

Hello Everyone!

I have been lurking here for a while, soaking in as much as I can and learning a lot. I finally made an account and decided it was time I introduced myself to what seems to be a wonderful community.

Hi, I am AzureGrower, but just Az is fine.
I am an avid lover of marijuana and I have done a couple micro-grows back in the early 2010's. I've kept a small "victory garden" (if that doesn't show my age...) since my mid 20's. I just love to grow, but I have this undeniable pull towards marijuana since my teens, and now that my state is legal (Missouri), I no longer have the responsibilities nor the fears that I had in my earlier years and I am now ready to get this ball rolling.

I love marijuana so much that being in my 40's I am back in school for a Horticulture degree and I am about two semesters away from graduating, depending on how my schedule and class schedules allow. I want to grow marijuana for the rest of my life, and if I could, I would walk into the "good night" through a door in my garden.

Presently, I am working on a few different things to get some much needed experience, as well as looking for a mentor to help fast track my knowledge and experience. As such, I plan to use this place as a means to network, get my ideas and goals put down and organized, and do some journaling to help keep track of my growth in this endeavor of mine.

First goal is in two parts.
  1. Gather equipment necessary
  2. Get the flower train chugging
Equipment: I have a mars hydro ts1000 for Mothers-to-Be, clones and initial veg. When money allows, I plan to use the ts1000 for clones and mothers only and get a light specifically for the veg cycle. @Budget LED I'm looking at you guys. I have the BudgetLED v3 RSpec+ for my flower cycle and I am VERY excited to get some plants under that marvelous lighting creation.​

Second goal is once in again two parts.
  1. Figure out which ones are my females
  2. Order fem seeds of genetics that I know I want
Females: So, i put most of my initial money into lights as I believe they have priority over most things when it comes to indoor growing. With that said, to get the ball rolling I have planted 4 bag-seeds, taken clones and awaiting the initial veg of the clones before I throw them into flower. Obviously any males that show up will be sentenced to death and culled immediately. I have already done this to one plant as it presexed and showed me his banana's. I was sad that I had to take him out of the garden but he didn't have to be so vulgar about showing his nuts off.... sheesh, some plants have no dignity. smh​

Third goal is again in two parts. (Are we seeing a theme here?)
  1. Bonsai all chosen females that will be Mothers
  2. Start pheno-hunting from the fem'ed seeds that I will order
Bonsai: Fairly straight-forward and easy. I did this during my micro-growing adventures.​
Pheno-hunting: Because of plant limitations and restrictions, this is going to be a slow lengthy process, but I am up for the challenge.​

I have a few others but those are the top priority ones. Items that I am very interested in looking into are:
  • LOS (Living Organic Soil)
  • MegaCrop
  • Vulx (@Vulx I'm looking at you)
  • and more, always learning and trying to keep up with what's new in the industry
Well, that's probably it for my introduction. Thanks for taking the time with me and I can't wait to talk with you all, share and discuss findings, and to grow with you all.

Im about to mix up subcool recipe and let it "cook" for a couple of months. Water only is great. @Dankman_420 posted this earlier today. Im going to make a small batch of it.

RIP subcool :headbanger:

Screenshot_20190525-164844.png

@Vulx I will pass your info to our Department Head. I can't make any promises past that though, as I am sure you know.
15% and free shipping, sounds good enough for me! Will definitely buy some soon.

@Sparkey224 Thanks for the welcome, and thanks for posting subcools recipe. Shoot me a link to your journal when you're done cooking, I would love to see how his recipe works out for you.

Back
Top Bottom