Holy crap

my back hurts so bad this morning... I made the big move yesterday from 30 Gal. bags to the 200 Gal. Smart Pots; a most excellent move if I do say so myself, albeit a rather backbreaking, nerve racking event to say the least! :lot-o-toke:
The soil I'm using is very fluffy and didn't hold together well at all... it took 2 of us guys all we had to lift the plastic bags and walk them over, then... cut the bag and place the plant, pull the plastic out from under the plant while trying to do the least amount of damage possible to the root systems.
I would like to say that we caused no damage to the roots but, that would be a lie... damage was done but, I believe the lil ladies will be just fine. In fact... I moved them from 1 Qt, bags to 30 Gal. bags just 2 weeks ago and, they had already spread root to the bottom and all sides of the bigger bags... IN JUST 2 WEEKS!:yahoo: I am fully expecting them to blow up big time in these next couple of weeks! They were getting a solid 12 hours a day of (not just daylight) full sun! Now, w/the new setup... they are getting about 13 to 14 hours a day full sun. :woohoo:
I am so amazed that I get to use such big bags for growing... back when I started out growing (late 70s) everything was done ala guerrilla style, you couldn't get nearly the sun you can now, nor could you use such big containers/holes or whatever that you use... :yahoo:
There aren't many things in this life that I have loved more than growing pot... I was unable to do so for many years... and now, I get to do it legally w/all the sun and soil and nutes that I want too... :cheer::morenutes::cheer:
Anyways, I'm sure I have filled my quota of words for this morning and I'm rambling on... I am just so damned excited!
It is awesome to be able to come here and share my joy w/others who feel the same way... cheers!

Re: Holy crap...

:bravo:

Isn't progression in society wonderful??

Hope your back feels better! I have a bad back I know how that goes. Nothing like a smoke, a rub down from my GF and a hot shower to get over the pain though.

Do you plan on posting a journal any time soon? I'd love to see your garden!

Not sure about doing a journal since I am already about a month into it and haven't taken any pics or kept any notes...
I may put up a few random pics once I have everything nice and tidy for company... LOL

Bring it on Dude, I want to see this. Post 'dem photos.

:hookah:

Just post it as is. Most of us have messy grow spaces. Take a look at mine. I think it just comes with the territory, especially when people are short on space. It takes a lot of effort to stay clean considering what happens in there, especially when growing in pots or bags. I know I won't be offended. Heck, if you want you could probably just post the occasional pic here.

[soap box]
By posting here everyone benefits. If you are doing something well, others can learn from you. If you are having problems, a good description and pics means someone else will probably spot the problem and offer more specific advice. Either way it's a good thing.
[/soap box]

Hope your back recovers soonest. And, yeah. It's pretty cool being able to legally grow.

:peace:

Back
Top Bottom