Homemade grow box need lighting help

Shortied1986

image2934.jpg

Using a 19 gallon blue tub, two four inch fans with one reversed for exit ventilation. I'm using a 200 watt cfl in the center of my box for now. Do I need more lights in my box?

can you provide a link to the bulbs stats...its my understanding that those bulbs promise everything and deliver nothing. or to be more accurate they waste a ton of energy producing energy at frequencies the plant does not use.

2700k is a solid flowering colour, 6400k is also good.

'full spectrum' is next to useless where as 'dual specrum' is drastically more efficient ;)

off to bed now, lol

our plant only really needs red and blue light as its food, full spectrum bulbs in general provide all the colours but not enough of the blue and red to make it worth while.

dual spec bulbs are simply designed to give off both blue and red to cover all the needs of the plant. thats the basics of it.

however, our plants may benefit from some of those light sources in a full spectrum almost like micro nutrients so it wouldnt hurt to have say 1 5000k bulb to every 9 of your standard bulb just to mix it up a bit, but any more than that and your just burning energy without use.

Back
Top Bottom