How Can I Promote A Male

POKINSMOT

im just tryin to figure out how to ensure that i get a male from a femenized batch of beans .... not a hermie but a fullblown male that i can collect pollen from.....any ideas :hmmmm: or am i gonna have to herm n go from there??

Re: How Can I Promote A Male .....

u can't get MALE from FEM.

Feminized seeds are just exactly that, 100% female, and you will not get any males from these seeds. If you wanted males, or a male, you should have gotten regualr seed or you can just use bag seeds if you are not at all concerned with what strain it is.

InYourEndo said:
that was a little harsh.. kinda funny but harsh, you cant get males from fem seeds but if you stress normal seeds and mess up thier light cycle and make them hot and cold.. you increase your chances of a male.

endo

not quite true, bro... you don't increase your chances of anything besides hemies... the genetics are ALREADY in the seed... there's no way to change them... a male is a male, and a female is a female... HOWEVER, you can stress females into popping in a few male flowers, and you MAY (though most likely not) get viable pollen, which is useful in producing your own feminized seeds... but you CANNOT turn a male into female or a female into male... think about it... pollen is like sperm... it only has half of the DNA in the original chromosome... an X chromosome and a Y chromosome... the female flowers have both X chromosomes... therefore, if an X sperm joins with X egg, you get female... this female plant holds the POTENTIAL to produce pollen, but will NEVER EVER EVER EVER turn full-fledged male... in fact, no matter how much a female is stressed, the majority of the flowers will be female... now if an X egg and Y sperm join, you get a male plant... and unlike the female plants, the male plants CANNOT CHANGE SEX AT ALL!!!! i've tried extensively... but it is impossible to stress a male plant into turning herm... so basically, it's not CHANCE whether this one seed TURNS out to be male or female... it's the CHANCE of whether or not the seed you picked from your batch is GENETICALLY female or male... the seed is ALREADY male or female... there's no way to change that... you cannot add anything to a male seed to make it female, and there's nothing you can add to your female to make it male... i'm sorry for making this so extensive, it's just that i've said this many times, but people just don't seem to get the idea of male and female... the plant doesn't BECOME male or female at a certain point... they're ALREADY male or female from the time they are concieved, as in when the pollen hits the pistil...

:nomo: thanks for all that reading.
no need to get all hostile people:laughtwo:
thats just the answer i was looking for ..... i did manage to get a herm though ..... ive been giving one plant a real fucked up light schedule and feeding it one a day vitamins in reg tap water ..... if i could post pics id show yall but for some reason i cant....
thanxz for the extensive reading there snugglefunked:geek:
i am gonna have pollen:headbanger:

ive got a blueberry/whitewidow mother that ive been cloning from for a little over a year ..... i am noticing the potentcy deplete so im gonna cross somemore genes into it so i can have beans of my own custom blend.

Those femenized seeds are notorious for producing a few hermies here and there. I have never had a hermie. using conventional seeds.

Alright, if you are looking to hermaphradize your plant I would suggest letting them flower, after they have shown sex (femenized seeds should have female flowers comming up). After about 3 weeks after they had shown leave your closet open with the light on for the whole weekend. You will have male sacs shortly if not already. I do not know if it works on femenized seeds but thats what I did in my grow. So leave a light on in there and you will get male sacs. It was really funny on mine because you could see how the light got in, all the male sacs were in the beam of light that was being let in from the closet being open. All the seeds you get from the femenized pollen will create femenized seeds. This works, I am germing my seeds I just pulled off of the Herm plants I had and Germed 9, 9 of 9 germed and all 9 are wemon! So really taking your expencive femenized seeds is a good tool to create your own femenized seeds, plus its free exspencive seeds.

and if i get a handful or two of these beans i have to give up 1/2 so the joe buying seeds for hundreds of dollars can get some good grass for free :allgood: ........................ so we pass the savings on to you:bong:

but youre telling me that if you stress a female and she herms the seeds are gonna be femenized???:hmmmm:

Back
Top Bottom