How do i flush properly and also drying time

kneegrow

Hi guys,

I'm sorry the title of the topic isn't exactly a good description on my actual question but i have two questions and they are as follows:

1) how do i know if i have flushed my plants properly? I have flushed my plants for 7 days exactly today but non of the leaves seem to be yellowing and the water still seems off colour will the bud still taste nice if they need chopping soon?

2) how should i dry my buds after trimming them? I was going to hang the buds upside down in a tent and put an oil heater on to reach around 20-24c? and leave to dry for around 5-7 days? is this right or should i leave longer or have the temperatures colder or hotter?

i know these questions may seem silly to some but this is my first time with this strain and first real try actually growing, all answers i will write down for future reference.

thanks guys.

Flushing soil or hydro/soiless?

In hydro I flush for 10 days, the first 2-3 I run a clearing solution of Flora Kleen, then the last 7 days I run straight RO water.

Harvest your plant, take off the big fan leaves, cut branches and hang on clothes hangers leaving smaller sugar leaves covered in resin, dry them in a dark room @ 75 or so, place a small fan in area to gently move air around hanging branches, dry for 7-10 days until stem on branch has a snap to it. Then trim up buds and collect all the little sugar leaves covered in resin and put them in a zip lock bag in freezer/refrig and make bubble hash later. Once the buds are trimmed, place them in a dark, cool spot in air tight mason jars, cure them down to 65% RH (relative humidity) by burping the jars a couple times a day (I would get a few small hygrometers for this and keep in jars)...once the buds reach a stable 65% RH, you can put in some Boveda humidity packs (you want 62% RH packs) in the jars and keep in dark, cool spot for a good month long cure, the longer you cure the better it gets. :peace:

Flushing can be any where from 7 to 14 days on average providing you have just used plain water it is good enough.

I've grown a couple of strains which stayed green to final day of flushing i would not worry your self to much about it tho.

I would avoid direct contact with heat when drying, ya don't want your bud to dry to quickly as it may lead to a harsh smoke by trapping in Chlorophyll & other plant pigments etc

So a slow air dry is more preferred :thumb:

On average that may take between 7 to 14 days to slow air dry before curing starts !

I like the first few (3) days to dry around 21c, RH 40% after that i lower temp to 18/19c, RH 60% for rest of duration or in till the point the stem snaps with out fully breaking before i start curing. (mildly technical drying)

Ye ya can smoke it after the drying bit but i still think it is a little harsh for my own tastes tho, each to their own on taste matters :green_heart:

Curing can be done from any where from 2 weeks to 6 months with on average 2 months is pretty alright curing time, i have gone longer on some strains for quality vintage smoke... bit like 3 year old bourbon to 12 year old bourbon whiskey...

First 2 weeks of curing jars need to burped twice a day for 15 to 20 minutes each time & after 2 weeks is pretty alright to seal up in jars and store.

thank you both, it's a lovely community when people will take their time to help fellow growers, one day i hope i can pass the built up knowledge myself like you guys. really appreciate it guys thank you so much, when i work out how to do pictures without getting into trouble... ill post some

thank you both, it's a lovely community when people will take their time to help fellow growers, one day i hope i can pass the built up knowledge myself like you guys. really appreciate it guys thank you so much, when i work out how to do pictures without getting into trouble... ill post some

I have a few video links in my signature that can help you with that :thumb:

I like them to look like the ones on this page of Greenthumb J's journal.
GreenThumb J's Perpetual Multi-Strain Journal!
I usually use Clearex. Not necessary but speeds things up. There's a thread on diy Clearex in this forum if you search that term.

Hi guys,

I'm sorry the title of the topic isn't exactly a good description on my actual question but i have two questions and they are as follows:

1) how do i know if i have flushed my plants properly? I have flushed my plants for 7 days exactly today but non of the leaves seem to be yellowing and the water still seems off colour will the bud still taste nice if they need chopping soon?

2) how should i dry my buds after trimming them? I was going to hang the buds upside down in a tent and put an oil heater on to reach around 20-24c? and leave to dry for around 5-7 days? is this right or should i leave longer or have the temperatures colder or hotter?

i know these questions may seem silly to some but this is my first time with this strain and first real try actually growing, all answers i will write down for future reference.

thanks guys.
Getting ready to harvest myself tomorrow. Don't worry about your leaves turning if the tric's are where you want them and your EC outflow is good. Grow well and be safe. Clyde

Getting ready to harvest myself tomorrow. Don't worry about your leaves turning if the tric's are where you want them and your EC outflow is good. Grow well and be safe. Clyde
Hey @Clyde714 hope you are well my friend.
Thanks for the tip.:thanks:
Unfortunately @kneegrow hasn't been around since 2015, it's an old thread.
Top left corner has the date.
Take care.

Stay safe :cheesygrinsmiley:
Bill

Hi guys,

thanks guys.
When the stems break when bent it's time to mason the ladies, but some can be Jared before others. Low seventies and 50 RH always works for me. Grow well and be safe. Clyde

Back
Top Bottom