How do I grow big plants?

Fabric pots yes. 1-1.5 ft tall plan but root barely 1/2 foot in

I went back through your post history to nail down what you’re talking about. Almost everything has already been addressed, especially @bluter breakdown in your auto thread. Don’t grow in those plastic pots any more, keep your watering in check. There’s no way in your situation you would need to water every 2-3 days until your plants were full on blooming, or you were rootbound. Even then I’d be iffy with such low light and limited space. Drowning your plants is a quick way to prevent root growth.

Good luck, sounds like you’ve got a lot of stuff to work on. My suggestion is to do it in increments so you know what actually fixes your issues.

Nah can’t setup a grow indoors. That’s just the way it is. No way around it :(
Sometimes when I look at your photos I think you really are growing on a balcony and sometimes by a large window and sometimes that there is a clear railing on a narrow balcony.

Can you leave them by the window or on the balcony or near the balcony and give them supplemental lighting? I am thinking along the lines of a light that comes on from 1 hour before sunrise to 1 hour after and then comes on again at 1 hour before sunset to one hour after. That will lengthen you day more than you might realize since the first and last hour of daylight is rather week and even half way decent grow lights will improve the situation.

It is what I do for some of my tropical and semi-tropical house plants growing in upstairs windows. I hope it makes the neighbors figure that when I bring grow lights and pots & saucers home that they are for the plants they can see and not for the ones growing in the basement.

Yeah it's not that, weren't there pictures in another thread?
The plant never really took off, it looked like a micro grow.

A problem of course if you can only grow outside is that well you can't really practice & experiment a lot, you only get to try once each year.
Finding someone from your climate that gets good results and learn from that would be good.
And well starting right with correct medium, pot setup and watering practices and nutrients is probably the first thing to do.
If you go the coco route following Bill284's method probably ain't a bad idea.
And there's a whole thread on how to set up the pot and how to water etc.. I'll have to go look for the links they are not in his signature anymore

How many can you grow outside?
Yeah a definitive guide on coco grow would be helpful.

I can grow maybe 2 3 gallons and 2 smaller ones

That's a great first step. Watering correctly is just so important.
If you have 11 hours if direct sunlight you should be ok with a sativa. It will basically go 12/12 but yeild should improve as she will only flower after hitting maturity about 40 days after sprouting.
Good luck

I had the same issue, had several big one but not big enough pots.

Now my solution is different then more space and pots.

I grow auto flower outside, takes up less space and killer dense fruits! Easier to take care for my wife who can't tend to
them full time when I'm out of town working.

They were ready in August because it was so hot in Texas and I could have another batch growing before frost but
she didn't want to deal with them but I have more than enough for her medical purposes and was very pleased.

Will only deal with AF and as you see in my tag line weedseedsexpress is who I use.

Back
Top Bottom