How do I keep my plants cool in the desert?

Its going to require some hard work ,you could dig a big hole 10ft x10ft x5ft deep and place plants in hole in their pots .it will keep the root zone cool and some shade cloth ,wet the floor of hole when you water plants .keeping them lower out of hot wind and in the low point should help

Ya but all that does is reduce sun light but 115° is 115° in the shade usually. Air is like a hair dryer blowing on you. Yes have and am using 30% but flowers still not happy
You can get different reflective clothes I have one over my poultry pen it's 80% but you can get them on Amazon in different weaves

You can get different reflective clothes I have one over my poultry pen it's 80% but you can get them on Amazon in different weaves
The shade cloth works GREAT and it's easy to move around if you want ,on top of make in sure that your plants have plenty of water and cover the outside of the pots with something reflective of heat and maybe cover the soil with a thick layer of wood chips you can always most them to just try not to do it in direct sunlight

What came to mind after reading of the pit dig was use something to reinforce the walls to keep the sand back. I have never been to the desert, but I can think of ‘dry’ and ‘sand’. Some kind of wall needs to be in place. My 2 sense…

The shade cloth works GREAT and it's easy to move around if you want ,on top of make in sure that your plants have plenty of water and cover the outside of the pots with something reflective of heat and maybe cover the soil with a thick layer of wood chips you can always most them to just try not to do it in direct sunlight
I always used a white towel and tied it on with a clothespin. Then just keep it wet with cold water. It works great for keeping your soil and pot cool. CL🍀

This is what I mean use the parts off a fridge to make aircon its easy to make and don't cost a lot to run u can have them blowing on your plants. And to keep roots cool could u not build a sip and put a water chiller in res here is a youtube link of how to build aircon from fridge

Thanks everyone. I just saw a home Depot a Ryobi fan that you can hook a hose to makes it a mister pretty slick. I do grow inside and out just first time dealing with outside heat. My white widow auto outside is trucking along like a champ. The wood chips and reflective insulation I wrapped around my 20 gal pot. Since then all leaves are green and are finally starting to grow. I wish I would have gotten more veg growth but starting to preflower heavily so may not get the veg growth but this clone mom grew 2.5x in stretch so hopefully will help!

Back
Top Bottom