How do I know my grow lights are out of life span?

CAT345longsti

I use to record all my time used but I lost my paper with my hour ,,,can I buy something to test the lights lumen tester or something thanks

There's an app that gives you a read on lumens. I don't know how accurate it is but I've had and used it for a while to give me an idea of my sweet spots, and testing outdoors lumens vs my LEDs inside. I don't know the name of it, but if you go to the app store I bet you can find it... It was free. Hope that helps

Yes there are light testers for Lumens. They can get very expensive. You get what you pay for. I used to design the Firmware for the sensors that go in tablets and laptops that auto adjust the screen intensity based off the lumens measured by the ambient light sensor. We got a nice one for around $500 I think. But I was working for a big tech company.

I just googled Lumen Measurement and found a cheap one.

This is probably the cheapest you will find. That is a decent brand. Not the best but it also isn't $500.

https://www.mcmelectronics.com/prod...PoQyaT9Uma4Xvh_S2eWQeeUwqLoarTUoCxhoCR17w_wcB

:goodluck:

for example if I had a 42 watt cfl that produced 2600 lumens and if I put I tester right underneath it I should get 2600 lux ? I tried two diff apps doent seem to be even close to that

Well.....

I could write a book on measuring light at this point. It is not as easy as one might expect. I spent months convincing the guys in the test lab that the light box they paid 120k for to test my ultra book code was the problem not my code...I finally won :)

The most important thing in this case is the orifice that the sensor is in. This include the light pipe which may be designed to direct only direct light or to pull in side lighting. So if it is designed to measure direct light only you have to be very careful how you aim it.

If you look at the meters on the market like the one I pointed you at it has a large unobstructed diffusing sensor dome to gather and diffuse light to get an average reading.

Apps are apps and many are written by bored teenagers. They got it to wok on their phone and then published it and maybe it works on yours. I had to make different modifications to my code for our various customers because they all designed their opening different and mounted the sensor different and used different light pipes...the list goes on.

Don't expect that if the light is supposed to produce 2600 Lux that you measure that. Expect to be close and try to get a consistent reading. You can put in a new bulb and see what you get and when you have a good reading method you can try the old one. The new one will need a good few days break in period. And these lights need 10 min (I would go 30 min) to really stabilize and be the right warmth.

just wanna say thank you every thread Iv made u have replied it sounds like u know ur shiz ....im somewhat a new gower I use help my buddy back years ago wid his 10 1000 waters lol fuckin guy greedy and that's wat got him caught...I don't have any sources for babys clones lol so I have in the last five years grown from fem seed from sms Canada and have had pretty good crops...I have moved on to bigger better things like gdp I have heard a lot of good things

Back
Top Bottom