How do I use my space effectively? 14x6x7(ft.)

donkolo

I am relatively new to growing. I have two mother plants growing strong. I am looking to start cloning for a SOG/SCROG, and hopefully achieve a perpetual harvest. My concern is space. I want to harvest every week. I am working with a space that is 14x6x7. I would like to veg clones for no more than 3 weeks after one week of rooting. I was thinking that a 4" planter would be the biggest pot I'd use. The strain I am working with takes 6 weeks to fully flower. I have to use the same 14x6x7 space for cloning/veg AND flowering. So to use my space to its full potential, how many clones should i take every week? With rooting, veging, and flowering I'm on a 10 week cylcle.

1. On average it takes 10 to 14 days for a clone/cutting to root if in a good growing enviroment warmth & humidity with another week to root once potted up.

2. Depends on how many mother plants you have and how many clones/cuttings you can take from each mother & regenerative time of veg growth for new clones/cuttings taken from mother plant to form & supply a weekly cycle of clones & to harvest every week sog style.

3. You need to divide the room/space in two, a veg room housing mothers & clones another room for flowering.

Thats a lot of work & best brush up on mother plant training ideas to max out cutting/clone materials.

Thanks Ganjakingz and Fuzzy Duck. Let's just assume that conditions are ideal...are you telling me it takes clones 2 weeks to root? That puts me on an 11 week cycle, 2 weeks to root,3weeks to veg, and 6 weeks to flower. Yes Ganjakingz, the room is partitioned 5x6x7 for the mothers with copious amounts of shelving for rooting/veging clones, thus utilizing all of the 7' of height. 9x6x7 for the flowering room...the question remains...assuming i can take as many cuttings as my heart desires, how many should I take each week to maximize my space...now according to Fuzzy Duck there will be 11 sets of plants. 5 sets in the clone/veg room(5x6x7) and 6 sets in the flowering room. 8 cuttings a week? 10? 12? How many will fit in the 14x6x7?

SoG grows range per plants per m2 any where between 9 to 60 plants... the more the better :thumb:

If i had 36 plants in a 1 m2 area in 2 litre pots on average vegged for 2 weeks & if they achieved 14g dry weight each that would be 500g dry weight.

They are variables to include tho strain type & yield, how long you vegged for etc

Watering going to be a pain with that many plants tho... mixing up different ratio of nutrients depending on stage of plant growth an even bigger royal pain in the back side !

i just went through this dilemma myself.. i realized that if i couldnt take 50+ clones a week it would be pointless doing a perpetual sog.. some clones dont root as fast as others.. a 9x6 room is also going to need 2 1000w hps at least for best results. i would actually get 3 600w hps for that space with wide hoods. you state that your flowering period is 6 weeks? have you flowered this plant before? IMO you should start small and get a few grows of your 6 week strain under your belt before hacking up a big bush and finding out that it vegged for another 2 weeks or hermied before it actually started to flower for the 6 weeks.. which will turn it into a 8 week flowering plant.. best of luck to ya mate

helpful posts...fuzzy duck...you have been helpful...in my flowering room i have about 2m2 and about a little more than 1 m2 in the veg/clone...im just going to clone and root, clone and root, clone and root...i decided to just see how full i can pack it, leaving a 1 foot perimiter to shuffle plants to be able to reach them

I think its going to be hard to get stuff coming out on a weekly basis & a lot of hard work...

But certianly seen other growers here use a perpetual grow style, i remember one grower staggering 3 or 4 cycles of plants & cropping every month with a SoG grow in 2 litre pots based on a 8 week flowering cycle also having a few mother plants :thumb:

I grow a perpetual small LST'd bush of a strain which takes about 9 weeks to flower often enough i finsh up on the 8th week, whilst the girls are in flower for 8 weeks i'm rooting clones & vegging for 8 weeks in another tent - rinse 'n' repeat

I don't bother with mother plants for a small bush grow as i take clones from vegged plants before their enter flowering... saves on space.

Yeah that one lol. Does he have the tutorial on building the units and all like stinkbuds?

I guess I could stop being lazy and click it lol

Yeah that one lol. Does he have the tutorial on building the units and all like stinkbuds?

I guess I could stop being lazy and click it lol

Its an interesting read with the aeroponic cloner & veg rubber maid then flowering in the NFT style system.

Yeah. Its an amazingly efficient setup if u have the time to.dedicate to it for sure.

The original (by stinkbud, he posted it on another forum (riu) ) in his he included a very detailed step by step guide to his entire process, did very well to explain every aspect and variable. Its almost completely foolproof. I was curious as to whether or not this thread included such info

Just took a look and yep lol. Its all there. (Tho it does seem less organized and easy to follow than the original) there's the added benefit of not only not having to go off site but also the luxury of avoiding riu and the trolls that lurk.

Back
Top Bottom