How do you apply molasses?

Seraphim

I have heard molasses is applied to increase trichome production.

What I was wondering is how is it applied?

If this question has already been asked and answered pardon me... just slap me upside the head and tell me to keep searching .. but I tried searching a few times and haven't found it.

Thanks!!

PS: Any other tricks to increase trichomes welcomed!

I should probably mention what I already know about this.

Low humidity = more resin
extra long last night b4 harvest = more resin

molasses (how in the heck?) but allegedly more resin. (id really love to test this one out)

I don't know about more resin, the molasses feeds the microbes in the soil that help the plant better uptake nutrients ..... more or less. This is the super short version.

1tsp-1tbl/gallon of water and water it in. DON'T spray it on the plant or anything crazy like that.

DD

Molasses is thick syrup by-product from processing the sugarcane or sugar beet into sugar.

Molasses is used during the flowering stage, and can be used the entire flowering time. However some growers prefer to apply it during the last 3 weeks of flower.

Typically the ratio is per gallon @ 1-2 tablespoons.

Molasses can be used for soil and hydroponics.

Jorge Cervantes had an experiment done "the buds swell about 20% when sugar is added to irrigation water during the last four weeks of flowering".

But from what I've heard over-applying molasses will not make buds swell anymore.

So basically you apply it just like nutrients.

Horticulture grade molasses is used to feed the beneficial micro organisms that live in the soil.
When there is healthy enzymes and microbial activity in the soil your plants will uptake nutrients much better maximizing the plants potential which in turn will lead to better yields and potency.
Molasses applications should be done about once per week for established container plants and once every two weeks for plants growing in the Earth
It should only be used as a soil drench. It has no value as a foliar spray

I stand schooled! Thanks everyone!

CarboLoad or Molasses?

Does anyone have any idea how Molasses would compare to a product called "CarboLoad" from Advanced Nutrients.

I could be completely off... but it looks like the CarboLoad is some type of sugar so I was wondering if it may have the same or similar use as the molasses.

Carboload is basically EXTREMELY expensive molasses. LOL

I get my molasses at the grocery for ~$2.25/16oz. What does Carboload cost?

DD

Droopy Dog, The Weed... Thank you gentlemen!

I will be using 1 oz per gallon and water with that every 3rd watering.
In my hydro setup I will be using the same ratio. Ill let you know how it goes
145.00 for 2.5 gal of Botannicare Sweet....not anymore

001362.JPG

CarboLoad, Sweet... hasta la vista!

Hello Organic Unsulphured Molasses!

Thanks Viper!

Pit, I really don't know being in soil, but I seem to recall bad things about molasses in hydro. Perhaps clogging up lines or filters and such?

There was a carbo used though that didn't cause problems, but I don't recall what it was.

Just something I read and stuck in my brane.

DD

Pit, I really don't know being in soil, but I seem to recall bad things about molasses in hydro. Perhaps clogging up lines or filters and such?

There was a carbo used though that didn't cause problems, but I don't recall what it was.

Just something I read and stuck in my brane.

DD

I always thought the thick stuff was a no go in hydro. Thats why people get ripped off on paying for the super refined produtcs. Yea I am surprised Pit that you are using that. I know in aero that stuff will cause haveck. Your using ebb and flow right? How long have you been running it and no issues?

Back
Top Bottom