how do you feed your plants and why

Flurple

Nug of the Month 3rd Place Winner (Nov 09')
we all have our own little tricks for feeding. a few things that had me curious were...

... using only water every other feed in soil, it seems like a great way to cut back on nutes but is this only in veg? because doin that in bloom seems like a loss to me. has anyone ever tried both methods?

... all my local buddies and many on here all use hygrozyme, is it truly superior?

the best trick i have come up with is my aerator. its just some chicken wire wrapped around a steel rod in a nice 18V drill. ill put some pics up if the post catches on cuz it is crazy.

with my wet betty in the mix it foams up til a 1" froth is on top, even without the wet betty the air bubbles are so tiny they remain suspended in the water for about a half hour. the roots love it, i think its similar to throwing em in hydro for a while. all that good oxygen gets suspended in the soil.

post what you love and what you hate. and why!!

My best buddy(and local grow shop owner) Shane at Westcoast Organic and Hydroponic Supply, just advised me to use this for watering .. Nute/nute/water... I had been wondering the same thing!

Another question I asked today was about PPM? Do you mix to recommended max , say 600PPM, then add in any additives, or should it be a total of 600PPM with everything in? Same as how to add in nutes if your filtered water has a PPM of , lets say 125.. He told me to use that as the starting number... so I guess have been underfeeding for awhile now... should have asked that question before now .. I have not read anything on here or other blogs that mentioned this very important bit O information!

Great advice is to make friends with your grow shop owners... I got lucky and had my best friend become one..;)

Would love to see your "Rube Goldberg" aeration devise... innovation is the name O the game sometimes!

Just checked your pics, wow thats an amazing way to train your plants... Not sure if I have the guts (or the steady hands) to do that to my girls~!

I used a few different techniques on my first grow, and what I like the best (so far) is using chromed wire coat hangers. I bend in various degrees and angles to direct the branches in the direction I wish... after a few weeks(or a month whatever) they seem to stay where I want em...Branches sticking out in every direction all pulled away from each other, getting tons of light and all covered in nice pre-flowers.. day 66 of grow,13 of flower.

Great job Buddy!

thanks for the reply KILLER, i just started with my ppm low and kept bumping it up til i noticed a little burning on the tips and backed off, then followed the scheduled increase of dosage.

my assumption was to include the ppm of tap water. i think if you live in the city or with bad water you should include the ppm. but my tap water is great as well, just extra calcium and ppm around 180.

i actually considered using wires spiraled around the branches too but it was just too many branches to redirect and my plants are too big to manage that. and i also have noticed once the stem thickens up it gets just about as strong as wood and wont bend back.

i had a scrog tied down with 4 thin copper wires unwrapped from 12 guage wire. my dad and me had a bet, he said the plant was gonna push so hard the wires would snap, i said no way it wouldnt even bulge much... it didnt bulge much and when i took the top off it stayed just about even, only the freshest growth really bounced back up.

ill get a few pics of the mixer and it in action after turkey day... im getting tired, been cleaning and preparing all day.

Flurple, I try to keep it simple. I alternate water/nute for both veg, and flower. MG Tomato for veg, and Green Light Super Bloom for flower. I keep my water in 3 gal containers, aging them to rid the clorine. I haven't a clue about the ph, but never having any related issues, don't worry about it. I did add a weak dose of molasses on the last nute feed just for grins.

I use 3 times the volume of the pot size for both water, and nute mixes to insure all the salts, and plant waste build up is flushed out. So far....knock on wood....I haven't had any of the nute/water issues I've seen reported here.

But you never know when someones going to come up with a better idea:nicethread:

I dont grow with soil just hydro but i feed every week for two weeks at a time then one week just water even in bloom. I use to feed every week in bloom but it seemed the final flus wasent enough and i keep my ppm between 600 and 800 this has worked grate for me so far.:bong:

Back
Top Bottom