How far out do I fill my scrog

I was under the same thinking as you but then someone said to me just use the ties to keep it in place like pipecleaners I use and then pull a tip down under and into another spot.

TBH I like the look of the over under and all naturally vineing plants go over under so idk
I wish I had done it how your saying man I’ve snapped about three branches by trying to
Tuck them under again ! Wish I thought about your way

I tie the branches to the lower net with sections of pipe cleaner. The upper net is just to keep the buds from falling over. I don't have any leaves or small branches below the bottom net. Also, I cut off any down growing shoots when I tie the branches down. Pretty good SCROC tutorial in my signature.

When you tuck under some growing shoots can get damaged or stop growing completely.It is better to use ties.

I've never had that happen, and I did big plant scrogs exclusively for about three years. Well, relatively big, for indoors (about eight square feet each). I started to type "the tips are flexible" - but I had to do some major rearranging on several occasions when I'd decide a tip had grown enough to move to a different hole and there was no nearby hole open, so the entire thing would turn into some acid-dream puzzle (so to speak), lol. So... IDK? I'd occasionally end up tearing a leaf off, but never broke a branch (at the tip or otherwise). And, as far as slowing down growth goes, those plants went into overdrive :rofl: . I rarely topped a plant after doing my first scrog, because that taught me that you could use the plant's physiology and its basic light-seeking behavior to promote mad branching without having to remove prime real estate in the process.

Which strain(s) did you end up damaging by trying the long-accepted traditional scrog process on? Some kind of stumpy 100% indica, or...? Or do you suppose you might have just waited too long to try rearranging things, instead of doing garden maintenance on a daily basis?

I've never had that happen, and I did big plant scrogs exclusively for about three years. Well, relatively big, for indoors (about eight square feet each). I started to type "the tips are flexible" - but I had to do some major rearranging on several occasions when I'd decide a tip had grown enough to move to a different hole and there was no nearby hole open, so the entire thing would turn into some acid-dream puzzle (so to speak), lol. So... IDK? I'd occasionally end up tearing a leaf off, but never broke a branch (at the tip or otherwise). And, as far as slowing down growth goes, those plants went into overdrive :rofl: . I rarely topped a plant after doing my first scrog, because that taught me that you could use the plant's physiology and its basic light-seeking behavior to promote mad branching without having to remove prime real estate in the process.

Which strain(s) did you end up damaging by trying the long-accepted traditional scrog process on? Some kind of stumpy 100% indica, or...? Or do you suppose you might have just waited too long to try rearranging things, instead of doing garden maintenance on a daily basis?

This is how i am rolling right now what do you think should i scrog these 10x12 footers.:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Just out in the greenhouse, tying mine down probably for the last time. Second level netting going up this week. As I was tying with pipe cleaners, one major advantage came to mind. Much less breakage, if instead of pulling the plant down to the netting, stretch the netting up to the plant. Over time the tension in the netting will slowly pull the plant down.

Also dont tuck your branches before lights on wait for a few hours or tuck a plant while pot is getting dry
both will result in a higher chance of breaking a branch

I thought this looked familiar. I saw you on a different forum. Oh, and SOG (SEA OF GREEN) has nothing to do with a net. Its a method of taking very small clones usually a large amount and putting them in flower shortly after rooting. This makes the harvest large because of the amount of plants in the grow area. If you have 100 plants and they all do at least .5oz its a pretty good haul, and the quality is usually very good.

Back
Top Bottom