How I grow in coco Youtube videos and pics

Hey Ledrf, very nice videos! Subscribed!

I'm a huge fan of coco. I didn't get why you hand water you plants, and only once a day?
I've experienced best results watering my plants at least 5 times a day, run to waste 10% - 20%, and 6 liters pots.
Why don't you use a pump and a timer?

No problem instambul. There are a lot more videos to come.

Pablo. Ideally I would like to water them three times a day but don't have the time. I do plan to make a watering system for under $200.

However, with three times a day, I think 10% runoff is a waste of water and nutes. When I do water by hand three times a day, the first two waterings are light, hardly any runoff. The last watering I get decent runoff.

Thank you so much for this journal. I believe you may have saved my plants. I had some mad idea that I would drown my plants and was purposefully keeping them on the dry side. Water coming out the bottom of the pot was viewed as an evil no no! As a consequence plus the fact I was feeding only every second day I see now that my plants were starving. I measured the ppm of the waste water in the tray and it was 1200ppm which is what I had fed it. I can only assume now that the nutrients were locked up and the plant wasn't able to intake them .... salt toxicity maybe? Anyway, thanks a bunch .... so very grateful for all your advice and guidance. Regards, Joyle

Thanks for putting these videos online man! I watched your whole video about environment importance and it really showed me about my own grow room that I'm kind of sloppy in that regard. It's my first grow so I'm very thankful you showed me the importance of all those factors. You think my plants in my 2x2 growspace get enough CO2 when I'm in the same (small) room as it almost all day exhaling CO2?

By the way, I don't know if this is efficient to lower humidity, but I saw a video recently which might be interesting and useful:

This guy uses cat litter in a sock to catch the moisture in the air, I'll test it out and get back with the results to see if it works well or not.

Yeah you breathing in the same room will raise co2 a lot, depending how big the room is and how much air flow the room gets.

Cat litter or better desicants works pretty good to reduce humidity in a small tent. However a small dehumidifier will work better and save u money in the long run.

How to water coco. In my system, I water every day with nutes.

[video=youtube;hnxbj8o_PwQ]
[/video]

hey man some good info ...
im growing in coco for two years now and i found out through many mistakes that in VEG. it s not good to water every day you need to let them dry a bit or they are overwatered (weak soft stems) and ca, mg deficiency occurs and plants grow a lot slower but in flowering you need to "drown" them in water i water them til it comes out ant then fil the base to the top and the next day some of them are dry

Hey, everyone. Here is a quick video showing my THC test results from a testing lab. Just under 24% for the Incredible Bulk flower, and just under 78% for an oil I made from half bud shake Orange Dream Kush and cuttings and lower buds from IB and the WWXBB.

[video=youtube;YwFrWSfgz-Q]
[/video]

LEDRF,

Congrats on your lab test results. Very impressive!

Could you maybe say a little more about flushing sometime? I have watched all your vids and I know you said something about flushing at some point but I don't remember how to find that part. I'm using PBP grow with 3 plants (4 & 1/2 weeks into veg)each in a 3 gal cloth pot and each plant gets 1/3 gal per day with 15ml PBP grow and 1ml cal mag. I'm easily getting 25% or more runoff but I havent actually flushed them ever... They seem to be doing fine and look very nice to me for a first ever attempt at growing.
Thanks again for all your great pointers and advice which have been invaluable...especially the vid on the importance of environment

which I would highly recommend to anyone who is serious about getting good results.
Thanks
Isty:peace:

Instanbul, thanks for writing. Over the years, I have seen less and less importance on flushing. I wait until my weed is fully finished now, and then I only do a week flush with r/o water and brown sugar. That week, is an extra week than the strain requires. The reason I do this is because I've noticed that if I start to flush for the last week of when the strain is still finishing putting on trichs and shit, then my end result is not as high in THC.

Of course this week flush is watering every day, sometimes twice a day. My leaves don't turn yellow at all. They stay nice and green.

My weed comes out super smooth and flavorful. Not earthy, unless it is strain related, which no amount of flushing will remove.

'The Godbud, all leaves were yellowing a lot. I tested run off, which was 500ppm, and 5.1 ph, so bad. I flooded well with drip clean 7.1 water. I had to put many gallons through her before the run off red 6.2 ph, when I put in 7.1. By then the run off was only 170ppm, so it was never salt build up.

Hopefully, it is not a root issue but just a build up of PH from watering soil with ph 6.0 each time I watered.

She still has a month to grow outdoors before flowering, so hopefully, I fixed her.'

I know the quote was from last March but still what an awful thing to have your plants stolen ... it must have been gut wrenching! Thank you so much for your excellent vids ... They have changed the way I approach everything! How do you evaluate the runoff waste water please? I can understand that the ph should be the same ph that it was watered with. I can't figure out what the ppm of the collected waste water should be ideally. You say 500 ppm is bad .... should it be higher or lower than the 1100ppm or so it was fed?

The ph of the run off is rarely the same as what you put in, even in coco. In coco it usually slowly rises. In soil, it should buffer to around 7.

The ppms should slowly drop because the plant is eating and is healthy. If the ppms go up, something is wrong.

If I test the runoff right after I water, then ideally the ppms should be about the same was what I put in, unless I am putting in just water and of course there is still nutrients in the soil.

Back
Top Bottom