How I grow in coco Youtube videos and pics

Thank you for that. I have 4 plants in coco only. Yes the ph is rising slowly so I am relieved to hear you say that is normal. I have been watering twice or sometimes three times daily with 1100 ppm. The water is 5.8pm but I never give them plain water anymore .... Always with nutrients. The ppm in the runoff is between 600 and 800. Does that sound like I'm on the right track to you?

Thank you so much for your reply. Well they're not nice and green looking which is why I searched for someone to help me. I will certainly increase the nutes to 1300ppm and see how they improve.. The cotton candy has lots of new top leaves which are curling under. I saw in one of your vids that that wasn't good so knew something was wrong! I have only been following your method/advice for less than a week so hope to see the plants improving soon. In our Australian summer these 4 ladies are 5 weeks into the flowering cycle. They are sitting outside permanently now getting 15 hours sunlight a day. I'm thinking of leaving them to grow strong frames until I see the first signs of flowers before switching them to 12/12. You can probably tell I'm pretty much a novice :) I don't know anyone else who grows in Oz so any direction would be most appreciated.

Joyle, what is the water's PH after you add all your nutes? Also, do you have pictures of the plants up close? When watering in coco, Ph is the number one issue I've seen. Is your meter a good one? A meter that reads wrong can really mess everything up.

If you use R/O water, Flora Nova Bloom, and botanicare calmag plus exactly like this

5mL calmag pus (per 5 gallons of water), 7tsp Flora Nova Bloom (per 5 gallons of water), and 6-7mL ph up, you will have the right PH. Must be r/o water. That will land you at 5.7-5.8 everytime.

We collect rain water as we live in the country. It comes out of the tank at around 5.2 which I adjust with phup to anywhere between 5.8 and 6 AFTER adding the nutes. I've never been too fussed except to keep it within that margin. Is that O.K? I always check the ppm and the ph before every single application. The nutrients I use are Rapid Platinum Bloom A & B in equal parts plus Mamajooce to get to 1100ppm. I am now making it up to 1300ppm as per your suggestion. Botanicare calmag plus is not available in Australia but my next research project is to figure out if the plants are missing out. What's new and empowering for me is understanding I can diagnose potential problems by checking the waste water. And yes, our ph meter was wrong and we hadn't realised that. We have calibrated it now and it's spot on again. I'll certainly post some photos tomorrow ... It's midnight here right now. Thanks for the hand holding friend :)

image17043.jpg
image17045.jpg
image17047.jpg
image17042.jpg

The first photo is of the cotton candy. Here is a
image17044.jpg
photo is of the curling top leaves. There are five or six branches like this. The other pics are of 3 white widows not looking very happy. I am using Nutrifield coco. They state it has been prebuffered to prevent calcium and magnesium lockout. I am considering using a product available at the hydro shop here in Oz called Calmax. It appears to be exactly the same as Calmag. What do you think?

LEDRF,

Can U take a loook at these ans see what U think?

My plants...Silver haze - bluberry and goldleaf.....left to right
IMG_0001.png

IMG_0006.png

IMG_0007.png

IMG_0008.png

IMG_0009.png

results of a nute spill here:
IMG_0010.png

the blueberry has always looked tattered like this:
IMG_0012.png

more holes nute burn?
IMG_0013.png

IMG_000712.png

IMG_000713.png

obvious nute burn here
IMG_000716.png

the majority of the leaves seemgood but the holes look like insects...although i have none

And advice/opinion greatfully appreciated.
Thanks
Isty

Sorry for the deleted posts...I couldn't figure how to delete the whole post and start again after I messed up the pic uploads.

The holes I wouldn't worry about.

What do you feed them with? How much, what water, what is oh after you add nutes, etc.

The blueberry looks like she might not like being that close to the bulbs or she might not be getting enough magnesium.

Thanks LEDRF,
Plants are just over 5 weeks old. I normally feed them each 1/3 gal with 15ml PBP grow twicw daily = 850ppm about..

I was adding some extra Mills Start-R and 1ml of Calmaf per gal but the local hydro shop says with local tap I only need a lil calmag twice a month.... I got up to 1100 -1200ppm and had to flush a little and backed down to 850ppm

So far I just have tapwater which is 30ppm out of the faucet but based on your vids I'm considering eventually getting set up for RO.
I am implementing as much of your other advice as I can ...I got a shop vac to deal with runoff and I got a dehumidifier and I have good temps and enough fresh air I think.

The Blueberry and all the plants haven't moved much for the last week or so but I read that any pruning (lollipoping etc...) should do as much as you can at least 2 weeks before flower to allow plant to focus energy on budding....not that you won't have to do some later anyway.... so maybe they are in recovery mode?
Just my first modest attempt and noise and heat removal are a big issue this time so I've gone with a 2x4 T5 fixture and CFLs until I can deal with more fan noise and heat... The dehumidifier (for example) was thew very lowest noise (dba level) unit I could find.

I'll try getting the Blueberry farther away from lights.... she has alway been the shortest so I guessed that wasn't a problem

Thanks LEDRF you are invaluable and much appreciated!

Here is another video for you guys for this series. This is how and why I take clones the way I do. Why I place them in r/o water right after I cut them off the plant, etc.

[video=youtube;jmV9pfka1Qc]
[/video]

The razor edge on the leaves and those points curling up. This is usually from excess heat but can be caused by not taking up mag or potassium.

When I use coco and tap water I still add 2ml of calmag plus per five gallons of water.

Back
Top Bottom