How I grow in coco Youtube videos and pics

Thanks LEDRF,
I was told with T5 you almost can't get too close but I moved the lights farther away and I'm giving them more Calmag.

I checked with the hydro shop and they said with botanicare PBP that I should add Calmag first till may meter reads 200 to 250 PPM
That comes to about 4ml of Calmag per gal with my water.

I stopped listening to grow shops a long time ago. You see how green my plants stay and I only add 5mL of calmag plus to 5 gallons of r/o water.

Tap water has some calmag in it, so that is why when I use calmag, I run 2mL of calmag per 5 gallons of water instead of 5.

As long as your PH is good, your meter is not off, then hardly anything can really go wrong with your plants.

I stopped listening to grow shops a long time ago. You see how green my plants stay and I only add 5mL of calmag plus to 5 gallons of r/o water.

Tap water has some calmag in it, so that is why when I use calmag, I run 2mL of calmag per 5 gallons of water instead of 5.

As long as your PH is good, your meter is not off, then hardly anything can really go wrong with your plants.

LEDRF, The Blueberry seems to be in shock or something...It's going nowhere.

I know u use the Flora Nova Bloom so when the hydro guy said to add 250ppm/gal of Calmag I figured that was because Botanicare PBP had less than the Flora Nova ?? I'm prbly all wet on that though ??
Also my Tap water is only 30ppm or less...

...You said that you thought my Blueberry may have a mag deficiency which sort of added cred to what the Hydro shop guy said ???
Again thanks LEDRF for your patience as I -as I'm sure is obvious by now - I know nada....I'm such a noob but I will learn.
Thanks again

Just be sure your PH meter is accurate. But, yes, PBP does have less calmag. I would probably use 10mL per 5 gallons if I used PBP, personally and see how that goes.

Thanks LEDRF, That makes sense to me... I'll do that and hope the plants like it... I'm thinkin' they will!
You've been a great help! Thanks

Alright mate, I have tap water of 0.1ec, you say to start off 300ppm that's 0.6ec on the chart I just looked at..
My tank is a 10litre bucket.. Medium canna coco with all canna nutrients, how much calmag should I put in
Because standard water on canna schedule is 0.4, so that would mean only .2ec of the canna nutrients, any chance
You can help me out because iv messed multiple times, and when I feed to run off, they go completely yellow
From over watering.. And they are not drying out at all.. Takes days

Smoke, what kind of coco are you using? When you squeeze it after it is fully saturated does it feel like a sponge?

I haven't been able to over water with coco, so something else is the problem. Make sure ur ph meter is working correctly and is calibrated. Test only after all nutrients are in water.

I'd need to see how much calmag is in cana. You might now need to add any.

Thanks for reply mate really appreciate it, yeah it do feel like sponge when it's saturated,
My ph is bang on mate, had it calibrated 2 days ago, iv only just started seedlings
Tho, when I say over watered I mean on my last run, iv started again..
I'm using canna pro plus, canna a&b on the bottle says 5.0 calcium, 2.0 magnesium
And 3.0% mgo what ever that is.. I ph to 5.8, I am gona try to feed everyday this time
Like you do.. But I'm worried lol iv started a journal, any chance you can follow it for me?
I can't mess this one up.. N thanks again mate, means a lot.. Iv been struggling nearly 2 years
I thinks it's incorrect feeding aswell, so hopefully I can sort it, now iv seen you in action..

Because you are using tap water, I would go with 2mL calmag plus, personally.

Try this though before you water your plants. Add all your nutrients to your water, then wait 24 hours and see how much the PH changes. If it goes higher than 6.0 after 24 hours, use less PH up.

Or with canna, do you have to use PH down after you add nutes?

Either way, PH to 5.8, then wait 24 hours and check ph again. If it drops below 5.5, then use less ph down, if it rises above 6.0, then use less ph up.

Sounds like a plan mate, i will test it tonight, what do you say purple striped stems are from?
On canna site says nitrogen.. An to increase ec.. Because that's first thing happens to me normally
Then everything starts going tits up.. I thought over watering locking nitrogen out;
But listening to you, im starting to doubt that..

Alright fella.. I done that test, it's been 20 hours it's risen to ph 6.0
But by the 24 hours prob be 6.1, does that mean I have to ph to 5.5-5.6
And let it rise to 5.8?

Back
Top Bottom