How I grow in coco Youtube videos and pics

Here is a grow I am working on 1000w Gavita. I share tips to how I grow with coco.

[video=youtube;zPlLYEtMdj0]
[/video]

Here is the beginning of a new auto flower grow under a 600w bulb in Walmart bags. Sour Diesel and Magnum.

[video=youtube;_Lwacl8CIGY]
[/video]

Man, I'd like to thank you for your dedication and the time invested in teaching people how to grow MMJ in coco for best results, it is inspiring. Your videos are very usefull, they convinced me to switch from blumats to DTW.
Quick question for you, if I may. What do you think about using bennies (myccorhizae, etc) in a coco set up with DTW?

John, I try to use myccorhizae every grow. I put the power kind in during transplant, to help the roots develop. I don't use it after that though.

I don't see much of a benefit for using it more than once in drain to waste.

In the very beginning, after I transplant, I only water with very little water every day, so the bacteria will stay, but I am sure once I start watering to DTW, any new bacteria I add would be washed out, pretty much.

Thanks for the answer LEDRF. That's what I was expecting, seems logical. I know that a few of them get stuck to the roots but I wouldn't expect them to take well a daily water bashing, wanted to make sure though.
Any more videos coming soon? I realy like them, nothing better than a detailled video to learn something, imho.

JDM

Hello I just read through the journal and want to thank you for the great info on coco. I am currently in flower with my first plant in with and am having ok results but the plant does seem a little lanky and has recently been getting yellow leaves. I am using general organics go box nutrients at full strength and have heard that organics are not great for a coco perlite mix, do you know if this is true?

If you could wanted some more info just ask or you can reach look through the grow journal in my signature. Thanx for your time:Namaste:

Here is another update. I will also be posting videos of the auto grow update. I think I am just going to keep my grows here since they are full of tips on how I grow, plus I will be posting specific videos on how to do this or that cheaply.

I have a video I need to make on how to grow outside in coco for super cheap, super lazy style with great results.

[video=youtube;TXf1_eiyK_0]
[/video]

I know I am a little behind. I have a video I am uploading for Jan 1st for the autos. I also need to do another video of the regulars. The regulars are close to finished. I really messed up, though. PM was pissing me off, and I sprayed first with an organic oil, then not long after that burned lots of sulfur. Bad, bad, bad, Neil. Do not burn sulfur after you have sprayed any type of oil on your plants.

But the buds are still doing great, despite how many leaves died.

Well I keep my nutes in a cold place, like they are 69 degrees same with my to water sometimes colder. I water my plants with that cold water.

As long as your m room temps stay good then, 60f is not too low. Not sure I would go below that. If my water gets below 60 then I leave it in the grow room for a bit before I water

im reading about this coco thing.. IS FLORANOVA BLOOM THAT STRONG, ,U SAID JUST FEED 4-7 ML PER 5 GALLONS SO THAT EQUALS AROUND 1ML OR ALITTLE MORE..

IS THIS TRUE??

IM STARING MY FIRST COCO GROW.. IM JUST GONNA BUY CAL MAG AND FLORABLOOM..
I PLAN TO USE TAP WATER..
SO I ADD 2ML FLORA BLOOM AND 1ML CAL MAG FOR MY 1 WEEK OLD CLONE.. IS THAT OK???

Have you ever done something like a drain to waist drip system using coco? Or a flood and drain system? I'm interested in something like this as mixing nutes and watering 1-3 times a day is a huge hassle for me. Hope you have time to reply, love reading/watching your thread :Namaste:

Have you ever done something like a drain to waist drip system using coco? Or a flood and drain system? I'm interested in something like this as mixing nutes and watering 1-3 times a day is a huge hassle for me. Hope you have time to reply, love reading/watching your thread :Namaste:

Thanks for checking out the thread. I haven't tried that yet, but I am doing a drop system outside this year, but with something called Harvest Supreme soil amendment. It dries very quickly and is airy. It uses mainly rice hulls and bark. I have it watering them twice a day. They are in Walmart bags, which act just like air pots.

I have grown with harvest supreme before with great results, watering every day to waste.

I usually water to waste every day when growing in coco. I know a drip system would work well. I would set it to water 2-3 times a day.

sounds good, im still in the draft part of the idea so we'll see how it ends up. ive been reading about a gravity fed drip system but i feel like a water pump i could control better with a timer. thank you for your reply and i think i will start with turning the pumps on 2 times a day and do a test to see how long i should keep the pump running to minimize wasted nutes :Namaste:

2clean, when they are that young I use half strength, about 400ppm, but I start with 200-300ppm.

Digital, I use the same coco method for regulars and autos.

half strength??? bottle saids 15ml is full strenth so feed 7ml because i dont have a ppm meter just a ph... this is way confusing..

half strength??? bottle saids 15ml is full strenth so feed 7ml because i dont have a ppm meter just a ph... this is way confusing..

You really need a PPM meter .. I got mine for 20 bucks on Amazon.fr, you need to see your ppm from the start and then you can add what you need... I use his formula as a start and then add more or less depending on my city water that day, I just did a Mix today for 20 liters of water, I added 20 ml and that gave me 800 ppm ... I added another 4 ml and that gave me 1000 ppm.... you can use that for a guide ... hope that helps

Im going to have to get a cheap tds meter soon I have a few things I need to work out on my grows and I feel it would help. Thanx for the info on how you use your meter

Thank you LEDRF for sharing your expertise. This is the most educational and comprehensive tutorial that I have read on any forum. What I like is the simplicity - I never was one for a lot of additives. Two questions. I know that you use sand on top and bottom of the coco to prevent fungus gnats and their larvae from entering the root system. Can I use hydroton instead? I was going to use that mesh you use in gardens to prevent weeds to cover the bottom holes and cover the entire top of the bucket to keep pests out but allow water to pass through. Also - what do you think is the highest tap water ppm that can be used successfully without watering it down with r/o?

Thanks for the thread and your reply.
MickFoster

Back
Top Bottom