How is your perpetual garden setup?

cnile

i have 3 areas
i want monthly harvest
keep it SIMPLE
curious what you have tried and how it went

my three areas are about 4 foot x 4 foot. all can have their own lights, and under them can be clones

so hopefully ill have:

1st area - vegging / clones rooting under the table with t5s moving up to metal halide
2nd area - half way through flower
3rd area - ready to harvest

but what i want to know is how you do it there is so many ways.

now would you guys

get moms or clones of clones. people say clones of clones loose potency and shit???
would you scrog and use 3 plants for those areas?
would you 12/12 straight from clone and do 1 per square foot in those areas? one large top cola?
something else?

if i scrog, each area will probably become its own clone/veg/flower area cause ill have to tie them down to a screen that ill frame in, so i wont be moving them. ill use mh/hps ballasts and just change bulbs, move out the humidifier move in the dehumidifier etc. i was going to make the tables have wheels and a framed screen but i want to try all this before i get ahead

i have them on their 8th node. i dont really know what to do. i have avoided stress to help produce females so they have grown all natural. i suppose when i find a mom through preflowers, top her and take clones when i can?

they are getting too big for the current light and i dont want to add more light when half could still be male.
i still cant tell if they are male or female preflowers and im using a jewlers loop. one looks female but it was the first to show so i dunno.

i dont know if i should clone them all now to check sex?

i can keep a mother for 2 years right? wouldn't an older mom just make for better clones?

i would love to keep 4 moms, cut 25 from 1 of them each month

another important thing is ive never tried these seeds before. i have no idea really what i got. i know what msnl called them and said they will produce but i dont smoke shitty weed so if im gonna grow something like a 15% thc without flowering each plant to test their results first and find the good producers, then i for sure need to do that first.

i know its a lot sorry.

thank you

Ok, I would keep it simple, like you said. I would break it down simply into one flower area and two bloom areas, forget worrying about assigning one as late flower and one as early flower. You want a monthly harvest, so with your area you need to choose strains that are fast finishers, because you need them in bloom 60 days tops. I think scrogging would be a bit of a pain in the ass for what you want and add too much time to keep that month schedule going, I would just run 4-9 plants in each bloom room. I would plan harvests so that one whole room is harvested at the same time (going to be the simplest method). To do that you need to have a bloom room's worth of plants ready every month.

Clones of clones take more time to clone the further down the line you get.

Not sure if you are legal or not, but number of plants may be a consideration depending on where you live. I would probably not run 16 plants per room, at least not in bloom. I think 9 plants would be about the top for a 4x4.

I can't help you with your other questions, good luck.

If they are on their 8th node they should be fine to get topped, probably wouldnt hurt to take clones either. If you have a 4x4 veg tent and you want to keep 4 mothers I would say you are going to be crowded. You will need to set up a shelf for clones, or something. I agree with Juan Carlos just grow each tent out fully. Unless you were hoping to harvest like once a week or something, but most scrog journals Ive read where the plants dont finish together they claim brings down their yield?

Thanks for all the info. I appreciate it. I'll post back here and say how it all went.

I think I already have my fast finisher. It was the first one to show sex out of all of them. It's the tallest and first to show preflowers.

Scrof does sound like pain in ass maybe when I get it all down I can incorporate it.

If u did like 9 in a 4x4-----
Say clones just rooted.
Would you train or top them.
What size pot- 3 gal too big?? I'm in coco
How tall/how many nodes before bloom transition

One last thing here. If I have all these to pick from how am I gonna know if the flowers are any good?

You guys don't commonly flower a clone or something to test and make sure before you grow a bunch you have no idea about?

Like they are regular seeds from msnl. Is there gonna be huge variation in phenotype or can I just pick moms based on vigor?

I heard pick moms that show sex later cause sexual maturity later tends to make for longer flower and more thc.

Is there any other ways to help pick now?

Ok ya got a load of reg seed bit of a role of the dice to female to male ratio !

Best get feminized next time for 100% girls.

Scrog can be a pain in the back side when tidying up plants as ya need room to work on em they are pretty static in less you can move around em !

Clones from clones is viable i don't think it ever effected potency, i mean i done some 10 th generation clones from clones some time ago but the last batch failed to root might off been some other issue at the end of the day but ye i'd more likely keep a mother these days !

Ok ya got a load of reg seed bit of a role of the dice to female to male ratio !

Best get feminized next time for 100% girls.

Scrog can be a pain in the back side when tidying up plants as ya need room to work on em they are pretty static in less you can move around em !

Clones from clones is viable i don't think it ever effected potency, i mean i done some 10 th generation clones from clones some time ago but the last batch failed to root might off been some other issue at the end of the day but ye i'd more likely keep a mother these days !

i went with regular so i can find mothers.

i dont want to buy seeds each grow

thanks

Back
Top Bottom