How many plants can I fit? AK-47

Magicmatt253

I have a 7x7x5ft Mylar lined grow room that is going to be my first grow spot while I'm in college. I just ordered 10 feminized Ak-47 seeds from 420 and was wondering on how many you think I could fit in there. Also I would love any tips you have on this specific strain and indoor grow advice as well. Here are some things that I have purchased in the last week to prepare for the grow. 2 1000w ballasts with timers/HPS bulbs, happy frog soil, smart pots (5gal and one 7.5), and the fox farms 3pack grow bundle (32oz). I have been researching like crazy and want my plants to be perfect. My friend who has over forty plants told me that I could fit four adequately with 2 1000w ballasts but I think I could fit 5, maybe even 6. I can post pictures if interested but I just would like to know some more opinions.

Lmao only 4 on 1 1000w???

That's ridiculous... I'm running 4 plants in a 2x4x6 room under a 400w HID ballast. They're doing marvelous... You could honestly get away with running just 1 1000w in your room but since u got two, more the merrier. Just watch out for heat. As for how many plants... I'd say you can fit 6-9 per light. 6 of course being better. But 9 should be no trouble at all if you have room.

Lmao only 4 on 1 1000w???

That's ridiculous... I'm running 4 plants in a 2x4x6 room under a 400w HID ballast. They're doing marvelous... You could honestly get away with running just 1 1000w in your room but since u got two, more the merrier. Just watch out for heat. As for how many plants... I'd say you can fit 6-9 per light. 6 of course being better. But 9 should be no trouble at all if you have room.

Yea haha, he told me the more light=the more weed. So i got a bunch of fucking light lol. That was something else i was worried about though. The heat. I was going to buy a fan but the closet has a door and im going to be closing it most of the time with a lock and key due to pets/thiefs. How would you suppose i get enough air flow in order for them to thrive?

if ventilation is a problem then u def only need to run light ventilation is also how u exhaust the stink a carbon filter can only d so much and u will be growing in a closet in a dorm room on a college campus somewhere is it a legal state? more light more bud yes but if u r only growing 4 plants its just a waste of electricity and a over heating risk ideally u want between 30 and 50 Watts per square foot of grow area u have 49 square foot in ur tent 49x50= 2450 49x30= 1470 so u want between 1470 watts and 2450 watts so i guess u do need both of those lights but u have to figure out ur vent problem

Depends on how you want them to grow? Tall or wide. If grown like my AK47 right now then only 4

I have 1 single AK47 in a 46X46X 7' high room right now with LED's and theres no way I could fit 2 in there. Shes 38 inches wide right now with over 20 tops hitting canopy finishing up her 2nd week of flower. You can see her in my "in progress" journal right now at the link below.
Starting This Journal For You Guys At Start Of Flower - AK47 Bush!

Depends on how you want them to grow? Tall or wide. If grown like my AK47 right now then only 4

I have 1 single AK47 in a 46X46X 7' high room right now with LED's and theres no way I could fit 2 in there. Shes 38 inches wide right now with over 20 tops hitting canopy finishing up her 2nd week of flower. You can see her in my "in progress" journal right now at the link below.
Starting This Journal For You Guys At Start Of Flower - AK47 Bush!

Wow man she is doing extremely well! I have some questions for you. How do you know if your plants are being nutrient locked? I think im gonna just start with 4 because i don't want too much to handle. Do you really think my ak-47 could grow to almost hit my 7ft ceiling thats a lot of fucking bud haha. Also what is the best way to measure my ph in the water that i give to the plants? Also do i have to go out and buy a bunch of distilled water or can i just use the tap?

Wow man she is doing extremely well! I have some questions for you. How do you know if your plants are being nutrient locked? I think im gonna just start with 4 because i don't want too much to handle. Do you really think my ak-47 could grow to almost hit my 7ft ceiling  thats a lot of fucking bud haha. Also what is the best way to measure my ph in the water that i give to the plants? Also do i have to go out and buy a bunch of distilled water or can i just use the tap?

You know your experiencing lockout when your plant shows deficiencies of certain nutrients and you know those nutes are in the soil because you put them there and ph is usually out of whack. The plants can only uptake nutrients in between certain ph levels and if you end up outside that zone it dont matter how nutritious the soil is the plant cannot eat it. Propper ph will depend on what you are growing in as far as the medium goes.

Some tap works for people, I wish I were one of them but my water don't. That will all in part depend on the soil too. Are you using soil or Hydro? I would recommend spending $70 on a 4 or 5 stage reverse osmosis unit. You can get them on eBay if you type in the search bar "reverse osmosis di" and sort results by low price. The "di" in the description is de-ionized which you would want. The one I have on the way is portable and you just set it on the counter and screw it into the faucet. It's rated at up to 100 gallons per day. I paid $79 for mine.
Get a TDS or ec meter and a ph pen for sure. They are all over online.
Matter of fact this is the Reverse osmosis unit I got. I'm tired of buying distilled.
Made in USA Portable Reverse Osmosis Di Ro Water System 4 Stage 100 GPD Membrane

You know your experiencing lockout when your plant shows deficiencies of certain nutrients and you know those nutes are in the soil because you put them there and ph is usually out of whack. The plants can only uptake nutrients in between certain ph levels and if you end up outside that zone it dont matter how nutritious the soil is the plant cannot eat it. Propper ph will depend on what you are growing in as far as the medium goes.

Some tap works for people, I wish I were one of them but my water don't. That will all in part depend on the soil too. Are you using soil or Hydro? I would recommend spending $70 on a 4 or 5 stage reverse osmosis unit. You can get them on eBay if you type in the search bar "reverse osmosis di" and sort results by low price. The "di" in the description is de-ionized which you would want. The one I have on the way is portable and you just set it on the counter and screw it into the faucet. It's rated at up to 100 gallons per day. I paid $79 for mine.
Get a TDS or ec meter and a ph pen for sure. They are all over online.
Matter of fact this is the Reverse osmosis unit I got. I'm tired of buying distilled.
Made in USA Portable Reverse Osmosis Di Ro Water System 4 Stage 100 GPD Membrane

im growing in soil. I just ordered a Ph pen. I didnt even know they had those until today!!! I hope my plants turn out as well as yours! I cant wait till my seeds have germinated and finally in the ground. I might have to order one of those if my tap water isnt suitable. when should i introduce my plant to the nutirents that i bought for it? for reference i bought these: Fox Farm FX14049 Liquid Nutrient Trio Soil Formula: Big Bloom, Grow Big, Tiger Bloom

1666928767449.png

diy rdwc or aeromist system with ur lights and tent setup u could easily fit 300 to 500 plants in there if done right u could harvest 5 to 10 pounds of quality smoke in 90 days i like seemorebuds on youtube video its titled 15 pounds in 80 days you should check it out

diy rdwc or aeromist system with ur lights and tent setup u could easily fit 300 to 500 plants in there if done right u could harvest 5 to 10 pounds of quality smoke in 90 days i like seemorebuds on youtube video its titled 15 pounds in 80 days you should check it out

300-500 plants???? Did you just defy physics?

500 plants to harvest 10 pounds? 9 whole grams per plant?

those r all low end numbers and yes it is possible. and you will have to grow u a few mother plants and pinch the heck out of them. lol get as many tops as possible. i will have pics of my new system up soon i am designing a system that's a cross between rdwc and aeroponics they will hold 210 plants per 4x4 grow tent and should produce 5 to 6 pounds a tent. maybe u should watch those videos b4 u start talking crap when grown this way u average like 14 to 28 grams a plant this set up will yield 5 to 13 pounds per 4x4 tent depending on the usual variables lights, nutes, air flow, & strain. when growing for profit, soil is never the way to go. that shit is expensive water is cheap and living in a dorm its free. u raise eyebrows carrying in that many bags of soil and all the crap that goes a long with soil growing. i am a soil grower myself i have played with hydroponics over the years and its really not that hard. after the initial investment it is a lot cheaper then soil growing. and much faster witch means $ in pocket faster oh and soil has a very distinctive smell when growing in doors. anyway man most the people u come into contact with on this site are straight forward and know what they r talking bout. so listen to whoever u want to. but i promise u when growing for profit dirt is not the way to go. good luck bro

those r all low end numbers and yes it is possible. and you will have to grow u a few mother plants and pinch the heck out of them. lol get as many tops as possible. i will have pics of my new system up soon i am designing a system that's a cross between rdwc and aeroponics they will hold 210 plants per 4x4 grow tent and should produce 5 to 6 pounds a tent. maybe u should watch those videos b4 u start talking crap when grown this way u average like 14 to 28 grams a plant this set up will yield 5 to 13 pounds per 4x4 tent depending on the usual variables lights, nutes, air flow, & strain. when growing for profit, soil is never the way to go. that shit is expensive water is cheap and living in a dorm its free. u raise eyebrows carrying in that many bags of soil and all the crap that goes a long with soil growing. i am a soil grower myself i have played with hydroponics over the years and its really not that hard. after the initial investment it is a lot cheaper then soil growing. and much faster witch means $ in pocket faster oh and soil has a very distinctive smell when growing in doors. anyway man most the people u come into contact with on this site are straight forward and know what they r talking bout. so listen to whoever u want to. but i promise u when growing for profit dirt is not the way to go. good luck bro

I dont even know where i would start man... I think i should just start with soil and work my way up to that. Im definitely in it for profit but i dont want to go breaking bad on this bitch im not gonna lie though 15 pounds would be awesome!!! By the way guys i live in a 2300 sqft house. Not a dorm haha. I actually have the whole basement to myself! I could easily fit that system down here!

GO HARD OR GO HOME lol jk skip soil and get ur learning curve done with water it dont have to be big boy shit u can buy premade 6 to 8 plant rdwc systems on ebay for like 300 bucks that's everything u need but the seeds well and lights and tents and fans and nutrients an ect....... u get the point. not only will u have to get the soil in but u will have to get it out too and i am glad u don't live in a dorm lol oh and with soil u really don't have to mess with the ph i have tested my once just to see and i think it was 7.1 out of the tap when i put nutes in it. it came down to 6.5 and we don't have fluoride in our water here so i don't even let it sit out or nothing i feed straight out the tap. soil is self buffering in most cases. u have to really work at it to get ur ph out of wack when growing in soil. if u r using organic nutrients and growing in soil it will be hard to nute burn them too. so i rarely use my ppm pen either. i follow directions on the bottles of the stuff i use and i have never had any nutrient problems.

GO HARD OR GO HOME lol jk skip soil and get ur learning curve done with water it dont have to be big boy shit u can buy premade 6 to 8 plant rdwc systems on ebay for like 300 bucks that's everything u need but the seeds well and lights and tents and fans and nutrients an ect....... u get the point. not only will u have to get the soil in but u will have to get it out too and i am glad u don't live in a dorm lol oh and with soil u really don't have to mess with the ph i have tested my once just to see and i think it was 7.1 out of the tap when i put nutes in it. it came down to 6.5 and we don't have fluoride in our water here so i don't even let it sit out or nothing i feed straight out the tap. soil is self buffering in most cases. u have to really work at it to get ur ph out of wack when growing in soil. if u r using organic nutrients and growing in soil it will be hard to nute burn them too. so i rarely use my ppm pen either. i follow directions on the bottles of the stuff i use and i have never had any nutrient problems.

Wow only 300 hundred dollars! do you have a specific system in mind? Im definitely gonna look into these for my next grow. Is there a certain strain that works best with hydroponics in your opinion? Also i have my grow room as a basement. Its pretty big and I think i could fit the whole system in there, and as i said before i have my nutes and lights. When using these systems how big do the plants usually get? Its hard to grasp the concept of what the roots grab onto when there is so little space for it to grow.

Back
Top Bottom