How many watts for a good yield?

Hashashin200

Hey guys I keep getting mixed responses I hear people say they got 100 grams off CFLs and I hear people say they spent 200 dollars to get an ounce of bud. How much do you yield off cfl grows?

The light doesn't make the grower! That being said you will definitely get more from hps or led lights.
Haven't used CFLs to flower, but my best advice would be to train your plants well so they have a Nic even canopy as CFLs don't have much penetration power.

Hey guys I keep getting mixed responses I hear people say they got 100 grams off CFLs and I hear people say they spent 200 dollars to get an ounce of bud. How much do you yield off cfl grows?

You'll have to figure out how many lumens your lights are producing. You want a minimum of 4000 lumens per plant to get a decent yield.

I try to calculate things in sq foot mostly because a plant can range from small to large to sativa. I like to get at least 30-50w per sq/f or at least 1000 lumens. On this high end you can put as much as a 100-200w /sq/f or upwards of 8000l. Little over kill on that side. The ratio changes a little between fluro led and hps and each have their own penetration power and colour spectrum.

I've not used cfl's for flowering stage myself but only for vegging etc

My own experience aka another story to ponder over :hmmmm:

I'ved used a 400w Hps for flowering from day dot so a cheap ballast, reflector, bulb set up is more likely around $200 give or take a little ?

Yield is all pretty much strain related, environmental condition & whether any form of plant training was included such as lst, scrog, topping, flux etc to name a few worth looking at :thumb:

My first few grows only got me around an oZ per plant dry weight i suspect this was mainly down to the strains being low/medium yields types ?

I selected one of those strains as mother plant which clones where taken from for a few more grows, these all produced around 1, 1/4 to 1, 3/4 oZ per plant dry weight, these all had lst training.

Since then a few other strains have been grown, i mainly select higher yield strains these days... most of those on average i get 2 oZ per plant dry weight, one strain did produce some 3 oZ a plant, tho all where grown with out training !

So ye a mixed bag of results which all where under a 400w hps & just a little some thing to think about !

On a side note, i kept one plant of x strain and vegged longer like some 4 to 5 months this also was topped once at every single cola bearing branch & produced a whopping 6 oZ... shame it took more than half year to get that !

Back
Top Bottom