How many white widows can i stuff in this?

chewwy

what method of grow will produce most yield in my flower box? how many plants for what method and size of pots. ANY COMMENTS WELCOME!

FLOWER BOX SIZE IS 4'3"WIDE 2'3"DEEP 4'3" FROM BOTTOM OF BOX TO BOTTOM OF 1000 WATT COOL TUBE
102_1606.JPG

TO SEE MORE PICS CLICK ON LINK Freezer build off? - 420 Magazine

I've always gone by basic rule of thumb, which is an average plant will finish at around 2 or 3 foot square. You dont want them bushing up, because you'll have to either keep them short, or start tying down early which will take up alot of wall to wall space. I would feel safe with 6 plants, 2 rows of 3, in 5 gallon buckets. You can probably even fit 8 if you stay on top of trimming and whatnot during the last stages of veg and about 3 weeks into flowering. For maximum harvests your going to want to FIM or "top" your plants, causing 2 colas at the "FIM" site. I do it even on the clones that im not going to take, causing my lower bud sites to flourish. I dont know if your going from seed or clone, but depending on the age of either, you can start tying them down when they reach their second node, look in the help section for LST Method. You can't run perpetual harvest unless you got another room or something for veg, but with such a small area your looking at your 7 weekers taking light from your 3 weekers. Sorry if this doesn't make much sense, it'll help us alot more if you ran a few more specs. Like soil/hydro? Can you dedicate alot of time to this or is it like a set it n forget it? Seed/Clone? I dunno, maybe i'm just not high enough...

HEY STANK, thanks for taking the time to write all that, people out here are Great!

sorry for leaving out some important info. Ill be growing in soil. from clones. I also have vegg box. was thinking maybe 3 gal pots? this will not be a set it and forget it grow, especially scene this is my first lol. I was also looking into scrog? check out pics. in my other forum and may bee that will help you help me.

thanks dude! link-------) Freezer build off? - 420 Magazine

102_1621_7_.jpg
here is pic of vegg and flower box.

P.s. not set on 3 gal pots or scrog was just an idea. just need help in grow method that would be best and most productive for this thing.

thanks guys.

chewwy,
yea man, after posting on here i went and read through that link, kinda got filled in on what was going on. Look into rapid rooters for your clones, or are they already in dirt? If your getting them from a dispensary they'll probably already be in dirt, but maybe you can get lucky and get some cuts from someone and root them in the rapids. Its like coconut style plugs that plant right into soil. THEY'RE AMAZING and take up like 3in x 3in..allowing you to root more cuts than you need, and pick the top performers while trashing the rest. Getting into SOG and SCROG are pretty tricky for first timers, as its kinda technical and takes alot of response. With 3 gallon pots you should be able to drop 6 in there as long as your paying attention with "bushing" and making sure they dont explode in size when you flower. Or I should say be careful because they will explode when you flower. Most strains 2x, but some 3x in size. Indica dominant strains tend to be on the bushier side, shorter, fatter, bigger leaves, and if I remember right the White family is indica dominant. Hope this helps a lil? I'll be on all day n checking back in

the clones are coming from a friend of a friend. so im not sure what medium they are in.
so you think 6 plants, may be a little LST @ FIMMING ? i have read that fim really doesnt produce any more then not fim. and takes a awhile for plant to recover. Granted i have know idea if this is true as i dont even have one grow under my belt. have you done any tests on this?
im gonna look up rapid rooters.
thanks bro:morenutes:

just wanted to wish every one a HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!! people out here ROCK!!

Happy new year to you to chewwy, On the fimming topic, I can say from personal exp. it can easily double your # of main colas, If done right, you can get 4 shoots from the one branch. I average 2-3 shoots from each fimmed branch, and have done a grow of a fimmed plant, and a non fimmed plant with all else being equal, the fimmed plant gave me twice the dried product of the non fimmed plant, and i only fimmed the 2 branches one time.. So Im a deffinate believer.
Also, your cabinet would be great for a scrog grow, But i agree with stank nuggs on waiting till you get a couple grows in and try it.. Its all about having fun, while doing the most rewarding hobby there is.. Good luck, and Have fun..

THANKS DATRIPPP, any idea of how many times 1 plant will need to be fimmed, given the size of my box?

Well, it depends on strain. Some are much taller than others, But Id say Start By fimming each plant 2 times, So if you have 2 main branches, Fim each one and wait till the new shoots grow & develop the topflower site on each new shoot. So if each branch puts out, 3 new ones, then once they are big enough, you fim each site & see how that does then youll have a good base comparison on whether you can or should do more than that. There's Better explanations than my rambling, But hopefully you get the basic idea anyway. lol.. Also, if you search for Fimming topics, or google it you can probably get a much better visual referance.. also there is a difference of where you cut the flower site between Fimming, and Topping. Thats what gives you the possibility of multiple(more than 2) new shoots.. Good luck, Keep on Growin

i even FIM my clones, and everytime i do it, it really only sets back about a day, you can see new growth within 12 hours even. Cutting the top forces the plant to send everything to the new growth right below it, its like working double time on the two sites. Like DatRip said, i've seen 4 branches off of 1 cut, it REALLY helps with harvest size...

THANKS AGAIN NUGGS!!!!!!!!!!!!! i have goggled fim and found alot of info, along with your info has helped me alot. thanks again man.

If its any help I have been growing white widow for a couple of seasons and what I noticed about this strain:
It will triple in height when put into flower. I aim for the 3 1/2 to 4 foot range on my finished plants so I wait until my vegging plants are around 14 to 16 inches befor switching them, ( in 5 gal. pots of fox farm OF ). You obviously will not want that kind of stretch so you will have to figure on how large too let them grow befor switching to 12/12.
White Widow takes very well to fimming, topping, lst etc. I always at least top my WW plants or fimm them, as they respond very well to this.

If I where you, with the limitations on space that you have, consider smaller pots ( 2 or 3 gal ) and keep the plants small when put into the flower cabinet (clones can be flowered at any point but I would place them into your cabinet while still under 10 inches, guessing around 8in would be perfect) That way you can grow around 6 to 8 at a time.

Just a note on my results; I did grow some shorter plants ( around 1 1/2 to 2 ft. tall ) a while back and harvested around 1 to 2 ounces (dried and cured) per plant.

my 4 ft. plants give me around 6 ounces per plant. ( Just giving you an idea of how well the White Widow produces. )

For a limited space area the White widow is an excellent choice. I wish you good luck on your grow. It looks as if you have a nice little setup going there. ( Are those cabinets old freezers or cooler? Good idea )

One other note. White Widow does NOT like a lot of nutes, and can lock out very easily if over fed. I use 1/4 strength in veg and 1/2 strength in flower. (flora nova for both + alaskan fish fert, Liquid Karma, and Blackstrap Molasas ).

hey randy thanks, yes they are old freezers (pretty cool a) lol. thanks for the reply its nice to here from some one who grows this strain. im still waiting on clones from a friend of a friend thing.its hard to watch this thing sit empty. i could have sprouted seeds by now.

thanks for the heads up on nutes, i just bought fox farms line of nuets monday. nice to know ww will work good for this thing, cant wait. ill post pics when i get them.

I haven't used fox farm nutes, so I can not comment on the effectiveness of them. From my limited research on the subject of nutes I have come to the conclusion that most of the nutes being sold are way over priced for what they are. I use flora nova both in veg and flower, as I find that flora nova seems to have just about everything a marijuana plant could want. It is also super consentrated, and does not require much in the way of ph balancing. As I grow in soil, transplanting at least three times during a plants life, I find that I do not have to add nutes until a week or so into flower, as the foxfarm ocean forest soil will give them just about everything they need until they start their stretch in flower, where they need a little extra boost and have started using up what is in the soil.

I love that re-cycled freezer idea. Talk about a really well controllable enviroment. I'm jealous. I've been growing my plants in a converted shed, and have played hell trying to keep my temp and humidity under control.

Good luck with your grow

ranndy, nuggs and all others,

Thank-you all so much for the help and comments!

Iam going to consider this thread dead as you have answered all of my questions, but it will live on at this forum please stop by and check in i love talking to all of you!!!!!!!!!

im sure ill have more questions as my grow continues but i would like to continue at this thread. click below

Freezer build off? - 420 Magazine

Back
Top Bottom