how much light is needed for 1.2 x 1.2 m grow room

TaylorMade420

i currently have a 400w hps in it and dunno weather to put in another 400 or 600 w

any help on this matter would be great

:thanks:

i have a 1.2x1.2 tent and would definitely recommend a 6oow, especially if you are going to use all the floor space, i mean if you only want say 4 plants then i suppose you could push them together and use your 400w but you can grow more in this space.

You should use a minimum of 40 watts per square foot-- a 400 would cover about 10 sq feet or 0.9 sq meter. 50 or 60 watts per sq foot is better, so a 600 or even a 1000 would be best for the space.

thnks for all the info guys im gonn buy a 600w hps nd shove it in with the 400, unless heat becomes a problem i think 1000 w should help grow some nice bud :thumb:

Unfortunately i am stuck with a 400 w ballast. i have 3 plants in there now. but soon there will be 4 more. it is in a closet that has a cubby hole that is 27x36x87 and the the rest of the closet. it is a regular size closet. Is there enough light? they are doing ok now but wonder if i would get more flowers with more light.:peace:

You can always get more buds w/ more light (if you can control the environment). Assuming you are using the cubby hole only, you have 400 watts covering about 6 sq feet, or 66watts/sq foot, which is pretty good. 40 watts/sq foot is the minimum (about 10 sq feet). I wouldn't worry about more light. Just keep them below 85 F and give them plenty of air exchange (for CO2), they should do fine.

Back
Top Bottom