How To - 7 Gal Rim Mount SCROG Pots In 2 X 4 Tent - 8.25 Sq Ft

Thanks Gazoo! I've been doing the clear method and will try the black method when my buds start forming. Speaking of, I don't think I've seen you over in my garden in a while, you have to see these girls taking over the 4x4!

Oh I'm there all the time, among many other kit journals I just don't
post much anymore. Seems I always get in trouble when I do . So just
been hanging out at the bottom of the Rabbit hole with Alice :cheer::high-five::rofl:

Hey there Gazoo! I received my new pots yesterday... and I must say I am amazed at how big they are . Pretty sure the site said 1.32 gallon, but they seem larger than that. I will, of course, have to find a different bucket to do drenches with. Gonna trow some soil and a seed in on sunday! Think ill grow another 8-10 week strain... maybe the Panama... really wanna see if I get lucky and get me the red phenoo_O

Hey there Gazoo! I received my new pots yesterday... and I must say I am amazed at how big they are . Pretty sure the site said 1.32 gallon, but they seem larger than that. I will, of course, have to find a different bucket to do drenches with. Gonna trow some soil and a seed in on sunday! Think ill grow another 8-10 week strain... maybe the Panama... really wanna see if I get lucky and get me the red phenoo_O

They do look bigger than advertised ?
BTW I ordered a few more of the same style
2 @ 2 gal Round RootMaker
2 @ 3 gal Round RootMaker
4 @ 1 gal SQUARE RootMaker (Limited supply)

I'll post some pictures when they arrive.

Speaking of arriving toys I finally received my SEED STORAGE House.
Came on the Proverbial "Slow Boat from China" paid feb 2 received March 1
Anyway did a little upgrading and here is the result

===========================

Thats a sweet set up there Gazoo... I may look into one of those for myself as well. Yea, I was gonna order some stuff from china, then decided to wait till after their new year which was from feb. 5 to feb 25th...
They definitely seem larger than advertised but they look promising!

Thanks, I forgot about the Chines New Year but it would of helped if they used my correct address also :)
Speaking of Dunk Pots & Dunk Buckets I may have found the perfect fit for the 1 gal ROOTMaker pots

Interesting Email Information I just received from Robert Bergman about
the MOON and its Phases in regards to growing :) Who Knew

QUOTE:
"Growing marijuana with the moon

Everyone thinks about the sun when they are growing outdoors, but it turns out that the moon is important too!

Lunar movements have tons of effects on the world around us, including our marijuana plants.

• When the moon is waxing, for example, your plants will be developing their leave and stems.
  • When the moon is waning, your plants will use their energy more for their root systems.
This is why harvesting during a waxing moon is ideal. It is also the best time to water your plants (but be extra careful with nutrients during this time).

Germination is best done during the crescent moon phase. Marijuana takes in more nutrients during the gibbous phase due to the gravitation pull of the moon. Your plant will be taking some much-needed R & R from growing during the balsamic moon phase, making it the best time to prune, do some weeding, and prep for the next stage."

OK Off to read the rest of the article :)

Ok did another soil adjustment last night
Blackberry got TRANS & TEA
GSCE got GE & TEA

Thinking a second Recharge and EWC next week.
This will fall around day 23 flower, did an earlier Recharge
in the larger pots while still in Veg stage, doing this because
of the extended time in larger pots (approx. extra 3 to 4 weeks)
Doing this again next week should give a boost when nearing the End ?

I will also be looking at the CAT’s possibly at the same time as the
Recharge.

Last I see I forgot to mention during the COLD SPELL we had here
in Cal starting a few weeks ago I INSTALLED 2 large clone heat mats,
One against each side of the tent (these are 2 X 4 feet) and covered
them with Panda film (white side out). These were part of the FREE
Stuff I scored on CL. I was using a small space heater at 500w lowest setting,
these are 107w each so 215w and they bring up the temp by 3 to 4 degrees.
Was hitting 64 at night so now closer to 68. Also did not like the small space
heater blowing so close to the pots so this solved that problem as well.

I will post some pictures later tonight when lights come on :)

Ok did another soil adjustment last night
Blackberry got TRANS & TEA
GSCE got GE & TEA

Thinking a second Recharge and EWC next week.
This will fall around day 23 flower, did an earlier Recharge
in the larger pots while still in Veg stage, doing this because
of the extended time in larger pots (approx. extra 3 to 4 weeks)
Doing this again next week should give a boost when nearing the End ?

I will also be looking at the CAT’s possibly at the same time as the
Recharge.

Last I see I forgot to mention during the COLD SPELL we had here
in Cal starting a few weeks ago I INSTALLED 2 large clone heat mats,
One against each side of the tent (these are 2 X 4 feet) and covered
them with Panda film (white side out). These were part of the FREE
Stuff I scored on CL. I was using a small space heater at 500w lowest setting,
these are 107w each so 215w and they bring up the temp by 3 to 4 degrees.
Was hitting 64 at night so now closer to 68. Also did not like the small space
heater blowing so close to the pots so this solved that problem as well.

I will post some pictures later tonight when lights come on :)

Awesome score Gazoo! I owe my best results to date partially to my under rug heater. 64 at night could cause and has caused problems for me but now the low is 68 and smooth sailing so far. I imagine putting the heat matts on the floor would work too.

:passitleft:

Awesome score Gazoo! I owe my best results to date partially to my under rug heater. 64 at night could cause and has caused problems for me but now the low is 68 and smooth sailing so far. I imagine putting the heat matts on the floor would work too.

:passitleft:

Actually I am planning on putting One under the inner Material Tray on the floor when this grow
is finished. the second one will stay on the wall of the tent on the side that butts up against
the garage wall. That has always been the colder side.

For sure I don't like the Night temp below 66 and prefer 68 to 70 since my day temps are 77 to 79

BTW I had no idea they made these Heat Mats that large. Sure was a nice surprise when I noticed
what they were. Plus the cost to run them is less than half.

Also just received my Next set of ROOTMAKER Pots
4 one gal Square pots
2 two gal Round pots
2 three gal Round Pots

so now I have
1 gal Square & Round styles
2 gal Rounds
and
3 gal Rounds

Thinking I will run a 1 gal square and a 2 gal Round next grow to try and dial in
the Veg Pot for my 10 gal finish pots

OK Looks like I need to start SYNCING Up my feeding with which type I use
(Trans or GE) during the specific periods of the MOONS Phases

Probably wont amount to a big difference but since I am looking for any and
all advantages I can get I see no reason not to try and incorporate this into
my scheduled, ESPECIALLY when I take into consideration the following excerpts
from the article on this

"
During the waxing period of the moon, your marijuana plants are going to utilize their resources for the growth and development of leaves, stems, and foliage — basically, the parts of the plant that are living above the ground. During the waning parts of the moon, on the other hand, your marijuana plants will devote most of their energies to developing and growing the root system, or the parts of the plant that are underground.

If you have grown marijuana before, then you know that it grows in spurts rather than consistently — just like animal organisms. If these growth spurts are aligned with the moon phases, you will have greater success and a higher chance of your plants having a healthier and better season."

OK Looks like I need to start SYNCING Up my feeding with which type I use
(Trans or GE) during the specific periods of the MOONS Phases

Probably wont amount to a big difference but since I am looking for any and
all advantages I can get I see no reason not to try and incorporate this into
my scheduled, ESPECIALLY when I take into consideration the following excerpts
from the article on this

"
During the waxing period of the moon, your marijuana plants are going to utilize their resources for the growth and development of leaves, stems, and foliage — basically, the parts of the plant that are living above the ground. During the waning parts of the moon, on the other hand, your marijuana plants will devote most of their energies to developing and growing the root system, or the parts of the plant that are underground.

If you have grown marijuana before, then you know that it grows in spurts rather than consistently — just like animal organisms. If these growth spurts are aligned with the moon phases, you will have greater success and a higher chance of your plants having a healthier and better season."

I do wonder though, does the moon have much effect on indoor plants? Since they never see the light of the moon? I can understand the gravitational pull and so forth... might have an effect. Thank you for the thought provoking article Gazoo!

I do wonder though, does the moon have much effect on indoor plants? Since they never see the light of the moon? I can understand the gravitational pull and so forth... might have an effect. Thank you for the thought provoking article Gazoo!

Maybe you could figure out a way to simulate the moon and it’s phases in your tent... like Buckshot and his far res lights... simulating sun down.

I was really impressed with the full article and read some very interesting points,
wanted to pass it along to anyone who would be interested. These little out of the box
type things really spark my interest

I was only really considering the gravitational pull since they have or never will see the
Moon :) but always want to offer them the best advantage and a simple scheduling around this
would be easy

BTW I also do the Polarization of the Water and have a 24/7 Rain forest CD playing in the
background. Just a couple little things that May or May not help but certainly cant hurt :)

Back
Top Bottom