How to deal with high RH

SirAlyon

420 Member
Hi guys, I recently moved in another house and here RH is so high. In night its reaching 90/95% so I bought yesterday a 56€ dehumidifier from amazon.
After 24h nothing changed and my grow room is running at 75F/70% at night and 82F/65% with light.
My ladies are 4 weeks old, so it can be ok for now but I'm worried for next flowering weeks.

I have all windows closed and 2 AC (in 2 different rooms) running as dehumidifier mode, but seems like they can't help enough.
Anyone can give any tips? Appreciate it, don't wanna ruin this grow :(

See y all guys! Happy growing

IMG20220518140754.jpg

where are you running your exhaust to ?
cheapest and easiest way to control rh is move more air. it's imperative to exhaust to outdoor when faced with high rh. with an ambient rh that high you will probably need to both duct to outdoor and use a dehum.

air exchange.
Do you have fresh air being pumped in.
Good dehumidifier in a small tent should have no issues.
Other than maybe rising the temp some.
I own a meaco one and hanndles my bigger tent.
Pretty well other than upping the temp a few C.

cheapest and easiest way to control rh is move more air. it's imperative to exhaust to outdoor when faced with high rh. with an ambient rh that high you will probably need to both duct to outdoor and use a dehum.
My AC in grow tent is running at 6/10 speed (I didn't mount carbon filter yet).
I was trying to pull air out of my window, but as it goes out new air with high RH value enter in the room, so actually I'm pulling air in the same room with closed door and windows and sometime I open it to let change air.

My AC in grow tent is running at 6/10 speed (I didn't mount carbon filter yet).
I was trying to pull air out of my window, but as it goes out new air with high RH value enter in the room, so actually I'm pulling air in the same room with closed door and windows and sometime I open it to let change air.

in a normal set up you would run a duct to outdoor and usually draw air internally. so the heavier hotter wetter air is moved to outdoor.

full

the first set up in the graphic is typically better.

Good air flow with exhaust to outside is mandatory here in my climate were almost 70 % RH is average, low is 45% and 90% common without rainfall! A good fan stirring the leaves and a good exhaust fan takes care of any problems from Rh for me. I have a dehumidifier that I have seldom used. I have 56 years experience growing and indoors since the 1980's and have had mold problem one time on buds hanging in the room without the exhaust fan running. Stupid me! I am more careful of curing than growing in that respect every since losing a pound of good buds!

Yarp, slight head ache on air exchange :cough:

But sounds like ya not got your in take & extraction not set up yet...

How ever high RH at your stage of growth & the need for fresh air.... like a couple times of day should should do aka open the tent flap etc...

Ya need to sort out ya grow environment :thumb:

Back
Top Bottom