How to Strip Coffee Jars

TheMilkMan

lol, I thought in my stoner world, I'd show another way to strip jars without washing them.

I'm talking the jars that have glue all round the label, not just a bit of it.

So here it is.

Use a big knife.

One that preferably has a decent hard blade.

1006140013_800x600_.jpg

I hold it at a 20 degree angle from the glass and use both hands with the jar in my lap.

1006140012_800x600_.jpg

Work it across the jar and when you get it all shiny, just get rid of the bits that are left over with some "detail knifing".

1006140015_800x600_1.jpg

And Tadah!!!

No washing, no waiting, Instant Jar!

I did wipe out the inside with tissue.

anyways, welcome to a useless Milkman Tutorial!

nice.. my problem is not the glue on the outside,, is getting rid of the smell from whatever was in it.. :)

like pickles,, I love pickles, but I don't want my bud smelling like dill... :rofl:

even after running throught the dishwasher, it smells... (so I bought a case of mason jars at wally world

I find it even harder to remove smell from lids...

I like to buy some foods in large jars, such as good coffee cause im gunna drink it anyway.

I walk around my supermarket looking for certain shapes and quality jars with those tops that have the rubber type seals you just pop in and out.

But buying cases of jars is a bit harder where i live.

I have no shortage of jam jars which i wash out but the labels require soaking to get off.

Now, I just knife em!

lol, I thought in my stoner world, I'd show another way to strip jars without washing them.

I'm talking the jars that have glue all round the label, not just a bit of it.

So here it is.

Use a big knife.

One that preferably has a decent hard blade.

1006140013_800x600_.jpg

I hold it at a 20 degree angle from the glass and use both hands with the jar in my lap.

1006140012_800x600_.jpg

Work it across the jar and when you get it all shiny, just get rid of the bits that are left over with some "detail knifing".

1006140015_800x600_1.jpg

And Tadah!!!

No washing, no waiting, Instant Jar!

I did wipe out the inside with tissue.

anyways, welcome to a useless Milkman Tutorial!
If I saw you using a decent knife on glass like that I would have to intervent.
A good knife is the most expensive chisel and screwdriver you will ever have
soak the glass and lids in hot soapy water...3M pad and residue and then run thru the dishwasher

To get rid of the smell from the jar, fill the water up over a fosset and just before it overflow give it a hard blow, like you normally would after making a wish on a birthday cake blowing out the candles. It works for me getting rid of the jar smell.

huh? how much have you been smoking?? :rofl::bong::cool::smokin:;):grinjoint:

It dosent worry the knife at that angle, its nothing to stress about.

It's also due to be sharpened, and its got hard steel, i get it sharpened near on razor sharp once every 6 months and cause its good it retains a good edge, i.e Slices thru label easy.
A good knife will last a lifetime and probably the rest.
A sharp knife is also much safer than a cheap blunt knife.

I'm aware of soaking them in water.

It's just another way of getting the job done, now, not a replacement for taking time.
I'm sure most people glaced at this thread and thought "who the hell is this idiot?"

I wanted a jar now, i need a way to get the label off, now.

Still soak the jam jars in the sink, now i just knife em as well to speed it up.

Do it your way, my way, or whatever way pleases the doer.

It works fast and fast tidy up.

I just strip and sweep. buds in the jar, no washing, no waiting, nothing.

Peace out

TheMilkMan

Not for nuthin', lol, but since THC et al degrades in light, why bother removing the labels at all?

A place that sells canning jars (hardware store, grocery store, many kitchen-supply stores, the Internet) will have pint and quart jars that come without labels and the lids (rings/flats) actually seal up nicely as opposed to many jars these days that don't seem to have real threads. But you do end up having to break up larger buds, unlike 1-gallon and larger jars which have room for larger ones (up to a point).

Not for nuthin', lol, but since THC et al degrades in light, why bother removing the labels at all?

Since I store them out of the light, it dosent matter to me.

When I do pull them out, I dont have this ugly label in the way of my nice skunky buds!

Its about the weed!

Can't really be storing a jar of buds in broad daylight myself.

:D

Back
Top Bottom