How to trim, dry and cure your buds?

Like major said if they are high then leave packs out till you get close

They will bring them back a little if you over dry

I want to let a boveda dry out and put in a jar with high humidity and see how it works to remove moisture

IDK what 75 RH feels like. I do know 62 RH feels dry-ish, but not crispy dry. The buds can be squeezed and pinched w/o any of it crumbling easily. They spring back but still burn easily. How long have your been in jars? How's the smell - grassy, etc.??

They've been in about a week still smell a lil grassy to me.

Then I'd keep burping. Better off a little too dry than a little too wet... The Boveda will sort things out after that.
Even crispy buds can get too moist in a jar, especially if they were dried quickly.

I don't use much - not like most growers. I have large jars with about 8 oz. of bud but only use a single large pack in each. It works for me. After they cure for about 8 weeks I will use a seal-a-meal type thing to keep them in long-term storage.

Ok cool I have my jars open now so my room smells pretty good. I'll just watch them and see when the rh is just right and close them again and i guess repeat till the rh is stable. I just didn't know if 75h should feel moist or not cause i dont know if my rh meters are accurate. I've tried a few and dont know which one to believe. What do you use for a rh meter. I bought some digital ones of eBay cause they fit inside the jar and dont take up much room. I also just put one in a zip bag with one of the meters to see if it reads 62 or pretty close.

I don't use a RH meter for my jars. That's why IDK what 75% feels like. I go by feel and experience. In most cases it takes me about 4 days to get them dry enough to jar. I then burp for about a week. After that I check them more thoroughly and decide if it is time for the 62% packs.

Back
Top Bottom