Howdy from the newbie

IMO that bucket is planty big to grow your plants. I use 5 gal fabric bags and they support good growth throughout. 1 5 gal fabric pot takes up abour 1.5 SQ FT. of floor spave but will need some additional room to spread out as they flower.
Yeah, it is a mighty big bucket. I just changed out her soil for the Happy Frog....and Then found the package outside my door with my new grow bags. :rolleyes:

As of this very moment, I've just put her in some Happy Frog soil, so I'm going to give her a few days with just that, and see how she grows. I've been watering her about every 2-3 days or when her soil feels dry between and an inch or so deep, generally that's about 2-3 days. I'm not sure how that is going to change with this new soil, or if it will at all.

Edit: sorry for the repeat of your comment. My phone wasn't acting right. Had to jump on the ol' lappy toppy to respond.
I would recommend you read @Emilya How to water a potted plant.
She has a great tutorial that made a big difference for many growers.
Go ahead and repot in the fabric bags ( fill bags up to about an inch of top ).
I would venture to guess your lighting is not adequate .

I would recommend you read @Emilya How to water a potted plant.
She has a great tutorial that made a big difference for many growers.
Go ahead and repot in the fabric bags ( fill bags up to about an inch of top ).
I would venture to guess your lighting is not adequate .
You would be correct sir. I have some better lighting on the way though. It'll probably be here early next weekish. I can't wait.
The new lighting will be an upgrade for sure, but I have a feeling ill be upgrading it again within a years time.
I'll be checking out Emilya's watering tutorial during my lunch break.
Thank you!

Per the advice of some great growers on here, @emiliya @SeniorMoments @BuDBudDy, to name a few, I've transplanted my wee girl in better soil, got her under some 600w led lights, and recently watered her the right way, and shes grown a bit more and looks much much better. Thank you all for the amazing advice. I'm thinking of flipping her lighting over to 12/12 for flower next weekend (12/12). Any guidance on nutes for flower phase?

Update: shes doing well. Not very tall, and I don't think she'll be doing much more growth in the veggie stage.

Sorry for the blurples. Theres some not so blurple ones too though.

Ill be changing up her lighting this weekend.

Is it normal to excited about the next grow, even though the first isnt done yet?

20201208_190353.jpg

20201208_190339.jpg

20201208_190253.jpg

20201208_190248.jpg

20201208_190223.jpg

20201208_191800.jpg

20201208_191746.jpg

20201208_191742.jpg

20201208_191730.jpg

I flipped her lighting over to 12/12 yesterday, and was pleasantly surprised at her growth the next day. Ide also given her a sizable dose of Dr. Earth bud and bloom booster, earlier in the week.

20201213_114337.jpg

20201213_114321.jpg

20201213_114305.jpg

It has been some time since Ive posted anything, but never fear, my little plant and I have been doing a lot of growing. The little lady aint so little. Since I flipped her to flower time 4bweeks ago shes been very busy growing up and out, and tones of lovely budlets are all over her now.
We had a little scare last weekend. I noticed she could do with a bit of LST so I secured her stems so that all those pretty little flowers were all about the same distance from the 600w'er I got for her (and future grows). I guess I pulled a little to hard and i slip her main stem a little, about a quarter of an inch!...and yet, she grows. I was able to pull the two sides together and used some twine to help keep them together. Surprisingly, she looks healthy and isn't showing any signs of stress from it.
While shes been busy growing, I've been planning and assembling a flower tent around her. I'll have to get the pics later (sorry, shes sleeping right now), but I've basically expanded from the closet out about 40", and assembled a frame with 3/4 pvc pipe and I'm currently in the process of covering it with some good quality 6mil diamond film mylar film to encase the area. Its about a 6×6×7 area. Plenty of room, but now Im thinking I should install some HVAC...questions with pics on that later.
Then there's keeping up with her needs. I've been keeping up with her nutes each week. Testing her pH and NPK's, and tweaking as needed. I've been using the purest form of each nuts I can find. Blood meal, bone meal, lime to take the pH up and an Acidifier to bring it down. Her pH was looking good for awhile, but recently dropped down to 5.0. Im just trying to keep her around 6, especially as we move further into flowering. Her nitrogen was pretty strong last weekend, so I avoided any kind of fertilizer with nitro in it.
Its been difficult to keep her phosphorus up the past few, and I cant stop thinking its because she's using what I'm giving her. I added some more bone meal to help keep it on the higher side. I want to test my hypothesis, but I don't think I have any more test capsules to spare right now. More are on the way though. Perhaps I can test my theory this weekend.
Her potash just started to look like its on the lower end last week, so I got her a bag of Epsoma Potash and scattered a tbsp around her. Im hoping to see those levels improve this coming weekend as well.

I also got her a new light, a dimmable 1000w, so that should keep her very happy through the rest of her grow.

Im looking to harvest mid feb, and I've been doing research on that process, and drying and curing. Anyone have any tips, or can point me to a helpful thread or article?

Y'all have been great help so far. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

I promise pics tomorrow, and no blurples. This new light has nice bright white light . Plus, I'll be taking some pictures of the flowering tent.

My pics are late because I was kidnapped by my son and taken on an adventure for the day. By yhe time I got home she was asleep. And the nezt day was some more family time. Its been a weekend!
I did get a nutes test in and her potassium is way too low, plus, you'll see a pic of one of her leaves showing what looks to me like potassium deficiency, but i would love some insight.
I tried to get grow room pics, still in construction and the entire room is a disaster zone. Yes, her area is need of some tlc.

20210110_115604.jpg

20210110_115549.jpg

20210110_115532.jpg

20210110_115421.jpg

20210110_115403.jpg

20210110_115338.jpg

20210110_115237.jpg

20210110_115104.jpg

The leaf problem is spreading.
Shes in week 5 of flower now. From all the other pictures I've seen, and a nutes test I did yesterday, im treating as a P and K deficiency. Since I don't want to risk cutting anymore leaves, I've started ticking them so they're marked as seen. I found two new ones today, pic below (SURPRISE).
I made some changes to her drainage, just something quick do to my time constraints at the moment. Im planning on using some closet racks I have with a kiddy pool for something more long term, but cant really get into it till this weekend.

20210115_124811.jpg

20210115_124800.jpg

Back
Top Bottom