Humidifier for small grow tent

I used one til this grow. Started these in August, now a month to go and 4’ tall. I decided to cut the electric by using a 12” square fan, which was already in there to blow the plants to strengthen the stalks. I brought in a foot bath size plastic pan and put a round humidifier filter in the bowl/water. For your size tent a small filter should suffice. It a pinch you can throw water on the floor of your tent too. I gave up the electric heater and ran ductwork from furnace. 73 degrees in tent today. Mid 40’s for RH. Best of luck with your grow.

Hi, im looking for a humidifier for a 2x2 grow tent. I checked out a bunch, and im no closer to pick one out. So many choices. Any input would be great. Thanks.
Hey @Vasdef hope you are well my friend.
Are you putting the humidifier in the room the tent is in?
If so how big is the room?
Or are you going to pipe it into the room?
What's your humidity without a humidifier. If you don't mind me asking :Namaste:
Stay safe.
Bill

Hey @Vasdef hope you are well my friend.
Are you putting the humidifier in the room the tent is in?
If so how big is the room?
Or are you going to pipe it into the room?
What's your humidity without a humidifier. If you don't mind me asking :Namaste:
Stay safe.
Bill
Hi Bill, things are good here. I harvested 1 plant about a month ago, she turned out nice, for my first grow,(hydro, no less)
The one im starting now is in a diff setting. RH is around 35. temp inside the tent is 72. I dont know if its better to put the humidifier inside or outside the tent. The tent is 27"x27"x 5'. The room that its in is approx 16'x 18'.

I used one til this grow. Started these in August, now a month to go and 4’ tall. I decided to cut the electric by using a 12” square fan, which was already in there to blow the plants to strengthen the stalks. I brought in a foot bath size plastic pan and put a round humidifier filter in the bowl/water. For your size tent a small filter should suffice. It a pinch you can throw water on the floor of your tent too. I gave up the electric heater and ran ductwork from furnace. 73 degrees in tent today. Mid 40’s for RH. Best of luck with your grow.
Yeah, I guess the variables are a bit diff now, I started my first grow the first week of May. The seed for this grow sprouted the last week of October.

Hi, im looking for a humidifier for a 2x2 grow tent. I checked out a bunch, and im no closer to pick one out. So many choices. Any input would be great. Thanks.
I just ordered one of these. It is wifi enabled so I can control the RH from anywhere. It should pair well with my Govee wifi thermometer. I also have a 2x2 and spent lots of time looking. Grow season for me is in the winter and early spring. I am never home in the summer. My basement conditions are far from ideal. With my small heater running I needed to control humidity.

I will check back when I get it delivered and running.

VeSync Dual 200S Smart Top-Fill Humidifier

Hi Bill, things are good here. I harvested 1 plant about a month ago, she turned out nice, for my first grow,(hydro, no less)
The one im starting now is in a diff setting. RH is around 35. temp inside the tent is 72. I dont know if its better to put the humidifier inside or outside the tent. The tent is 27"x27"x 5'. The room that its in is approx 16'x 18'.
Congrats on the harvest.
I know it's easier to control rh in a room than a tent.
18 x 16 is fairly large.
You would need a decent size one to do the room.
Stay safe.

I run a 6 gal. Humidifier inside my 4'x8' tent & it keeps everything just right. So for a room that size you would need a few of them. I'd look for a 1 or 2 gal. Cool Mist Humidifier & put it in the tent & just run it on low. Problem is, if you are running exhaust it sucks out the Humidity. I don't use my exhaust constantly. It only runs 15 min. twice per day for air exchange. My tent is open during lights on so plenty of air exchange. If your temps are only 73 with lights on you shouldn't need to run a constant exhaust.

So why couldn't I put it in the tent?
The problem with putting it directly in the tent is volume of air.
It's 2x2x7 say = 28 cf. A basic humidifier can do that much volume in minutes.
So what happens is it either cycles if it has a controller or it just keeps running turning a 2x2 into a rainforest.
Where as if you put it in the room it draws from the greater volume of air is much easier to control.
Let alone the amount of space it takes up in a tent that size.
Therefore controlling the room rh is usually the better option. :Namaste:
Hope that makes sense.
Stay safe.
Bill

RH is around 35. temp inside the tent is 72.

the rh in my grow room,, ranges between 22 and 35 percent

and my plants grow fine

a 2x2 tent is oh so very small,, enuf electric in there already possibly

I’ve read to shoot for between 40-60% RH. I add maybe 32 oz to my pan every 12 hours. And the RH was 35 this am. Guess I could turn the fan up or take the furnace duct out for a few hours. Good luck.

I got my levoit humidifier on Monday. So far I really like it. I love having the humidity control on my phone. I am still fine tuning in the settings. I have adjusted the heater, humidity and airflow. Until I installed my Govee I never realized how much temperature affects RH. I used to have huge swings of temp and RH depending if the lights are on or not.

My only regret so far. I wish it had a bigger reservoir. So far I need to fill it every day. I also need to re-arrange my tent to move the humidifier further away from the circulation vent.

In case you wondering about the red lines on the govee. I have thresholds set in the app for optimum growing conditions :
Temp 77-86 C.
Humidity 40%-70%

Here are some app screen shots as well as the levoit in action.

IMG_0014.PNG
IMG_0015.PNG
IMG_0016.PNG
IMG_0012.jpg
IMG_0013.jpg

I’ve got a misting model/no filter needed in my room. Thought about one for the tent. Just using the pan/filter for now. Going to a larger tent when the two are done. More heat & moisture will be needed for sure in the winter. Enjoy your new toy.

Back
Top Bottom