Hydro Grow: California Orange Bud

Thanks McBudz, Bee23, and soniq420!

RageMonkey: Lol! A loooong time! More for the cure. ;-)

Harry Red: Cool! Thanks. ;-)

Dr.215: I'll think about doin that. ;-) The COB was topped during flowering so I could get clones from her. Then I put her back into veg for a bit, and then put her back into flowering. She's behind in growth, but it looks like she takin off now. ;-)

action1: Yes, they are very dense and heavy.

The weed from my last grow lasted me a year, but admittedly i'm not a frequent smoker.

My last plant didn't produce half of what either of your plants is turning out. When you harvest, can you post the yield in grams/oz's if you have a scale?

In your opinion, do you feel the cabnet was a good value for the money? I think they cost about $3k in this configuration. I considered building my own from a metal storage cabinent and retrofitting it with botanicare grow trays w/lids and a 600w digital hps/mh cool tube. I think i can build a comparable cabinet with co2, carbon filters, mylar lining, and a dwc setup for maybe $800 - 900 depending on the cost of the cabinet. Maybe I'll give it a shot next time around.

^ Sure, I can post the grams/oz's. Well, we found this cabinet for $650 used and had to buy bulbs and new computer, so we spent about $1000 on it. They go new for $3500. This was a great system to use to learn about hydro. I think if you could build your own it would be really neat. If you really want to do that, it would be cool to see your step by step process!

Just wanted to drop a couple pictures, I am using an early version of the Producer, first picture is day 1 of 12/12, second picture is 14 days in, and nearly finished stretching. All Juicy Fruit.
full

full

I cant seem to upload the images, perhaps because of size restrictions, please check my gallery if you want to see the producer stuffed. advice on uploading would help too

^ Sure, I can post the grams/oz's. Well, we found this cabinet for $650 used and had to buy bulbs and new computer, so we spent about $1000 on it. They go new for $3500. This was a great system to use to learn about hydro. I think if you could build your own it would be really neat. If you really want to do that, it would be cool to see your step by step process!

Wow you got a stellar deal on that cabinet.

Yeah I might build one. If I do, I will photo document it's construction for sure. Staples has a couple Alera metal storgage cabinets that would make good candidates and botanicare makes some microgarden grow trays with lids/net pots that should fit and still leave room on the sides for resevoirs. If I build one though, I'm going with a 600w cool tube or euro hps/mh digital ballast system.

^ Nice! ;-)

SmokinHerbZ: At what height did you start to flower your plants? Just wondering, cause your plants look to be much more in control than mine and FloridaBuds. I could be the strains we picked. Oh, and did you start with fem seeds?

Wow you got a stellar deal on that cabinet.

Yeah I might build one. If I do, I will photo document it's construction for sure. Staples has a couple Alera metal storgage cabinets that would make good candidates and botanicare makes some microgarden grow trays with lids/net pots that should fit and still leave room on the sides for resevoirs. If I build one though, I'm going with a 600w cool tube or euro hps/mh digital ballast system.

Just be careful with your vertical height man. I upgraded from 400's to 600's backed the lights off a bit and still torched some of the taller colas. 600's are no joke. lumatek dig ballast and eye hortilux super hps. They are in sealed AC reflectors too. Artic Sun I believe is the brand. I have a 450 CFM vortex fan cooling them. Just the intensity of the light was too much for the leaves at 12 -15 inches from the glass.

Ms.Fox, the first picture I have in your journal is day 1 of 12/12, second picture is 14 days later... I am currently on day 18, and the stretchig has finished... the tallest 2 plant are about 3 inches from the lights, but the rest are at a perfect height... about 5-6 inches under. Temps stay nearly perfect at 75-79 degrees (with co2 enrichment), with a nighttime temp about 65.
I am using clones that I rooted and hand watered for much of the veg period, which lasted approximately 3 weeks after roots were developed. The strain makes a big difference when it comes to these cabs... The previous strain I used was sweettooth, and stretch far too much, they also were not "full" like the juicy fruit I have been using lately. I may have let them veg for a day or two too long, but having a full machine is a beautiful sight.

Just be careful with your vertical height man. I upgraded from 400's to 600's backed the lights off a bit and still torched some of the taller colas. 600's are no joke. lumatek dig ballast and eye hortilux super hps. They are in sealed AC reflectors too. Artic Sun I believe is the brand. I have a 450 CFM vortex fan cooling them. Just the intensity of the light was too much for the leaves at 12 -15 inches from the glass.

Interesting - was it more of a radiant heat problem or actual light intensity?

Where you at fox? Got any updates for us?

four20friend: Thanks! The Co2 is regulated by the computer in the BloomBox.

Thanks Minus!

Dr. 215: Lol! It seems this time of year is always so busy for me! Family get togethers, Christmas plays, and shopping!

Tomorrow is chop chop day for the B52. The two COBs will stay. ;-) The smell of the B52 is absolutely raunchy. I had a hangover this morning (tis the season) and the smell of it just turned my stomach upside down... I'll post pics tomorrow.

Ms.Fox, the first picture I have in your journal is day 1 of 12/12, second picture is 14 days later... I am currently on day 18, and the stretchig has finished... the tallest 2 plant are about 3 inches from the lights, but the rest are at a perfect height... about 5-6 inches under. Temps stay nearly perfect at 75-79 degrees (with co2 enrichment), with a nighttime temp about 65.
I am using clones that I rooted and hand watered for much of the veg period, which lasted approximately 3 weeks after roots were developed. The strain makes a big difference when it comes to these cabs... The previous strain I used was sweettooth, and stretch far too much, they also were not "full" like the juicy fruit I have been using lately. I may have let them veg for a day or two too long, but having a full machine is a beautiful sight.

Dude, what height were your plants wen they went into flowering?

four20friend: The amount of Co2 you want released is regulated by the regulator itself. The computer controls just when it's released into the box which is every 8 minutes during the day cycle.

Back
Top Bottom