I’m Back

Big dog

Hi all! I’m Big dog, and it’s been a minute. I’m wondering though- how many of you came to the wonderful weed late in life like I did? I first experienced MJ after college during my first year of law school. My roommate came in one spring evening after being out drinking with a couple of girls in our class. He told them about how I didn’t (had never) smoked weed. They bet $25 bucks (a lot of money then) that he couldn’t get me high. He said that he took the bet because he needed the money to buy a new bong since he had dropped his and it was broken. He threatened to tie me down if I didn’t smoke with him!

Suffice it to say that he didn’t have to force me. After we had shared two joints, he allowed that he was wasted. But if hadn’t hit me yet. So we started a third joint. After one more toke, I told him to tell the girls that he had won the bet. The next time we smoked, we used his new bong! I was late coming to the party. But that first time was more than 40 years ago, and I still enjoy my weed. Anyone else have a similar story???

I am 66 years old.
I was 14 when big sissy left a small bag of seeds n stems that we used to call weed on her dresser. I poked a seed into moms begonia pot and I got the bug.
I was 18 when I was introduced to a guy nicknamed "Mendo Joe" who ran several gorilla grows in the Cascade Mtns of N. Cali. I worked a few seasons sitting on a grow. Got raided (I got away), but he wouldn't let me do any more grows.
He taught me how to clone and I cloned for him for years.

Went to college. Got my degree in Business and Econ and went to work ... but was always 'involved' in the life.

I now work for a corporation that has a legal license, and I manage a 24 light (24,000 watts) portion of a larger campus. If you'd of told me fifty years ago that pot would be legal, I'd of told you that yer otta yer mind.

And, I'm not sure that 'legal' is all that good ...

Hi all! I’m Big dog, and it’s been a minute. I’m wondering though- how many of you came to the wonderful weed late in life like I did? I first experienced MJ after college during my first year of law school. My roommate came in one spring evening after being out drinking with a couple of girls in our class. He told them about how I didn’t (had never) smoked weed. They bet $25 bucks (a lot of money then) that he couldn’t get me high. He said that he took the bet because he needed the money to buy a new bong since he had dropped his and it was broken. He threatened to tie me down if I didn’t smoke with him!

Suffice it to say that he didn’t have to force me. After we had shared two joints, he allowed that he was wasted. But if hadn’t hit me yet. So we started a third joint. After one more toke, I told him to tell the girls that he had won the bet. The next time we smoked, we used his new bong! I was late coming to the party. But that first time was more than 40 years ago, and I still enjoy my weed. Anyone else have a similar story???
Hello @Big dog welcome back.
Don't have a good story like yours.
Can't remember my first joint 40 odd years ago.
Stay safe my friend.
Happy growing.
Bill

Welcome @Big dog ! I think I got you beat

I'm 42. I didn't start smoking cannabis and growing until two/three years ago when Michigan went rec legal. A friend brought me some extra clones he had because I was doing peppers. I freaked out and over-babied them and totally messed those poor things up BUT I did get a little harvest. Since I don't trust a skinny cook I of course had to try some.

Within a year I had quit drinking and smoking cigs and gotten myself into therapy. Cannabis hushed the buzz in my head just enough so I could function, if that makes sense? Anyhoo glad to have you here! Got any plans in terms of growing?

Hi @Big dog, I took a 25+ year break from MJ. Back when I was smoking it, it was just enough to get you high. Every once in a blue moon some good 2 toke stuff would come around. I'm now 51 and starting to grow with 0 experience. Can't wait to try my first harvest!

Back
Top Bottom