I can grow monster plants just can't get them to flower.

dragonsbane

I can grow huge bushy plants, but can't get them to flower very well. On a 12/12light HPS cycle. two different crops using 2 different nutes. and only get small 1/8" flowers. This is my second crop that I don't have big buds. Frustrated. Had "Pro Growers" over and they say everything looks great but don't understand.

I had this happen to me my last grow with Tangerine Dream and i found out that other growers had the same problem. I would need more info to determine what went wrong.
Strains you grew, setup, nutes and how you feed them, feminized or regular seeds or clones. Maybe i and others can help with more information.

Flip

Either your lighting and therefore lumens are insufficiant for proper flower development or yes, the strain your growing has poor flowering genetics. There are other factors that contribute to poor flowering, you were vague regarding the type of nutes, medium, airflow, etc which could also present the problems your having.
Malcolm...:smokin:

I had this same problem toowith my 1st grow. I was running a 150w HPS in a 3x1.5x4 ft room. I thought it would be good since the room was all mylared, it wasnt. Ppl were telling me to get a bigger lght but i thought it ould be fine. I was flowering 1 plant n she only produced 7g of dried product. The strain was grape ape n she was about 2ft tall wehn i puther in 12/12. Since then ive upgraded to a 400w HPS n now i see bigger better looking buds. My highest yeild so far is 68g of dried product off 1 plant in the same room. Shooting for greater yeilds tho haha.

So my advise to u Is invest in a bigger light if u dont already have one.

Peace

how big is huge? How big are the feeder leaves? Did you pinch them? Some strains do not like to be pinched and will reward you with tiny buds .... what strain?

Ditto all of the above. I use two 150w hps but grow out smaller plants; i put em 3-liters, go to 12/12 at around 8" and get nice size buds for my grow set-up. Keeping the grow healthy makes for potent buds at any size.

Hey, I am just about to harvest a few tangerine dreams, either tomorrow or tuesday. I had 10 seeds, which 7 grew, i pinched the tip of 3 of them and left the other 4 untouched after a few weeks of being in seed. The 3 i pinched grew two main branches and they each have a nice big cola's on them, the other 4 are basically weak things with a few little flowers on them, so i suppose the moral for this strain, well mine anyhow, is to top it when young, i took cuttings of them and they were looking as if they were never going to take, then 3 weeks ago, after 7 weeks of looking like pathetic weeds, i decided to top them as i saw the results of the topped ones, WOW, they have beeen growing like mad since, so i suppose they love being topped. I must say, this is the first time i have actually managed to grow any weed with big colas as i have been doing lots of experiments to find the best way for me to grow and they always have been not very good.

Back
Top Bottom