I Canna Believe It's Not Butter

PaleSun

Okay sorry for the silly title lol

I feel dumb asking this question but I can't find any information anywhere relevant to the subject. Can I make cannabis infused margarine? My cholesterol is way to high. I'd like to make some edibles, like maybe brownies, but not at the cost of consuming ANY more unsaturated fats. I realize that margarine may not dissolve cannabis oils as well as butter...or maybe it does. So here's what I want to know:

• Have you successfully made edibles using margarine instead of butter?
  • Did you have to increase the amount of bud in the mix as compared to butter? How much?
  • Would you share your recipe?
I realize 1 brown in the evening probably wouldn't make a huge difference, but for now I've got to be a Fat Nazi. :laughtwo: cheers everyone

Welcome to 420 mag, I'm also interested in this as I've wondered this myself. I could imagine yes its possible, but it may separate at room temp so you would have to store it cold or maybe even freeze it until you plan to use it.

Welcome to 420 mag, I'm also interested in this as I've wondered this myself. I could imagine yes its possible, but it may separate at room temp so you would have to store it cold or maybe even freeze it until you plan to use it.

Right, so that's not quite where I'm going. I'll make the canna-marg stuff and use it immediately in a recipe. It wont be sitting on a counter. I'm just looking for a way to get the THC out of the buds and into an edible, without using butter.

The pan of brownies can go in the fridge.

The only caveat is to look up the flash temp for the oil the margarine is made from, so you can keep the infusion temps below that. I do mine at 160-170ºF.

Roger that @InTheShed the smoke temp may be a critical point. Most butter & oil recipes infuse at temps of 200F or higher. I'll have to look that up for Canola & Sunflower oils

Yup, looks good. Canola and Sunflower both have smoke temps 400F

Perfect! Post your process, pics, and results if you can. :thanks:

Will do, and thanks for your interest. I will repost my original query for clarity. Also, given that different 'oils' have different properties and solubility:

• Did you have to increase the amount of bud in the mix as compared to butter? How much?

Will do, and thanks for your interest. I will repost my original query for clarity. Also, given that different 'oils' have different properties and solubility:

A great place to put this post would be here:

Lots of canna-cookers there!

Back
Top Bottom