I have a 400w hps and a 20000 lumen tek4. Which is better to veg clones?

StayinClean3

So ive got 3 clones that i took 15 days ago. I rooted them in a dome under 10000 lumens and all had rooted within 10 days. Ive got them under the tek4 with all the bulbs in now and they are building strong roots and new green growth. My question is should i continue with the tek4 or should i switch to the 400w hps for better results? I am planning on doing a scrog with two of them and keeping one as a mother.

Im open to any suggestions to better my yeild and the quality of my finished product.

If you leave them under the tek4, they'll be more compact. I'd veg them under the floro while I trained them into the shape I wanted, and then let them stretch in flower under the hps. That's how I do mine.

How big do you plan to veg them?

If you leave them under the tek4, they'll be more compact. I'd veg them under the floro while I trained them into the shape I wanted, and then let them stretch in flower under the hps. That's how I do mine.

How big do you plan to veg them?

Okay I thought that's what would be best. I was thinking I would veg them to around 8inches before I switch to flowering. I want them to just have started filling the screen. During the stretch In the first few weeks of flowering I can fill up the rest of it. Im considering topping them tomorrow. Is that a good idea. I have topped plants in the past never for a scrog though. Thanks for the response. Greatly appreciated

If you're going to run a scrog, you'll want as many tops on each plant as is practical. Eight inches may not be enough unless that plant is very wide, so I'm not sure I asked the question the right way. I was wondering what your plans for veg are - how much of a hurry you're in, how large a plant you're willing to deal with in flower - stuff like that. And I don't know what your level of knowledge is.

I tend to think of LST for a scrog. There's really no limit to the number of tops you can produce that way. If you top, you'll start with a finite number of branches. Those can each be trained, but I bet LST would be easier and faster. On the other hand, if you have plenty of time, a topping at the 4th or 5th node can produce a good robust main stem, and the 6-8 branches (the bottom pair are usually useless) can easily be trained horizontally to produce their own tops.

Back
Top Bottom