I need an outlet! Looks like I may have found it

stef5150

Forums! How old school, I love it. I started my interwebs training with chat rooms back in the day. Nice to see the classics never die.

Hi all! I'm not usually up so late, but I have a rare case of creative insomnia tonight, thanks to the good ol' Blue Dream once again. In my quick scan of the other posts here, I see that being a newbie is nothing unique, very cool!! Pot and writing can be a dangerous combo, but I'm sure you all know that.

Basics about me: I live in the wine country of NorCal. I am originally from Pittsburgh, PA and I have lived in CA for almost 5 years now. How and why I made that move is a long story for another time. I keep my 420 time on the downlow, even here in the pot mecca of Northern California, because like many of us, I have to hold down a day job that frowns upon pot use. Boo. :rolleyes3

I am very much a novice/minimal pot user for this reason. I never even tried pot until I was 32, and I had to come to Cali to do it! I've been an off and on user since then, just recently breaking a year plus dry spell thanks to the shitty holiday season I had this year...also a long story. My go to "therapy" vice of choice had always been alcohol. As I'm sure many of you know and have experienced, that shit leaves you more wrecked than any amount of the green stuff ever will. All I do know is, my parents were both alcoholics, and medical marijuana has helped me realize that there is a better way than drinking to get help dealing with life when you need it.

I very much dislike big pharma. These drug commercials these days scare the ever lovin' shit out of me. Since when did death become a standard side effect of this crap? It's out of control. Corporations coming up with more chemicals to use on us like so many American guinea pigs. The ignorant bystander may read my statement about pot helping you cope with life and try to tell you that that is the very definition of addiction, but I think we would all tend to disagree. I would much rather use this natural and proven method of medication than ingest even one of the throngs of brain and body altering chemicals in my body that these corporations are trying to cram down our throats. And I don't want to be labeled a criminal or a druggie, or feel like I have to live underground just for making that choice.

I look forward to meeting like minded people in a friendly environment to discuss all of this and more. Thanks for having me!

Stef

P.S. - I love that you value proper grammar and spelling! :circle-of-love::thumb::goodjob::thanks::bravo:

Back
Top Bottom