I need help with the ventilation

you should also add in some circulation fans. your gonna want air moving around inside the space. just a couple blade or stand fans.

you should also add in some circulation fans. your gonna want air moving around inside the space. just a couple blade or stand fans.

Got 2 of em ready. Btw, my extractor fan has 2 knobs: 1 for speed and another for temperature (it also has this metal thingy to measure temp). Not quite sure whats the point of the temperature knob since its not a heater and the speed already defines the temperature. Sry Im a total moron when it comes to ventilation.

Got 2 of em ready. Btw, my extractor fan has 2 knobs: 1 for speed and another for temperature (it also has this metal thingy to measure temp). Not quite sure whats the point of the temperature knob since its not a heater and the speed already defines the temperature. Sry Im a total moron when it comes to ventilation.

it's dual control. you can set the speed, changing the cfm it moves. or you can set it to run by temp or both - it will kick in when the room hits a certain temp, and shut off when it drops to a certain temp. you set the parameters for the fan to follow.

it's dual control. you can set the speed, changing the cfm it moves. or you can set it to run by temp or both - it will kick in when the room hits a certain temp, and shut off when it drops to a certain temp. you set the parameters for the fan to follow.

Oh wow, I almost went and bought adapters with those same options, I would waste 100$ for nothing. This does change the game a little bit!

So, I have 2 rooms in my basement each equipped with 4x Mars Hydro FC 6500 lights, intake fan, extractor and ventilator. The basement itself is pretty much like a bunker - the temperature rarely goes below 20 or over 22 (in both summer and winter). Now here's the problem: the moment I turn on the ventilation, the temperature drops too low since the outside temperature is currently -1. It gets even worse when the lights are turned off, obviously. Problem is, I can't bring the air from the rest of the house and considering that basement is pretty big - it would suck up the entire air from the house very quickly. I also have radiators but they're pretty close to my plants so I'm afraid they will burn the closest ones no matter the ventilation and moving them further simply isn't doable due to space. I'm seriously going mental here as I've never dealt with ventilation in my life. How the hell am I supposed to vent my room when the air brought in is basically polar cold? I assume ventilators themselves only circulate the air rather than bring fresh one, and since the extractor pulls that air outside, it means I'll basically create a frickin vacuum with no CO2. I need your help guys because this is the last step to finishing this project and it's driving me mad.

Thanks in advance!
there is a formula to figure this out it's called "CFM's" for get the formula but it takes into account size of room and the amount of ventaliation -circulation of air needed for your room size . Not to be confused with PPD

Hi Schnitzy
I didn't read all the post, maybe you have have already solved but i had a similar problem in my grow room.
The only air intake are a windows and a vent hole that are both sucking cold air from outside.
So i connected the air intake with a small grow tent in a corner of the room and placed an heater (an oil radiator) inside controlled by a Inkbird control unit, i call it "The Lung".
Basically all the air that enter the room pass trough the lung, warming up a little during winter.

Back
Top Bottom