I overfed my girls,help!

Personal Stash

First time growing, everything I know and don't know, I have learned here. Thank-you. I'm growing Northern Lights from Nirvana and I have made pretty much every newbie mistake in the book er website. Firstly, I overwatered them, you guys saved me on that. Then I transplanted them into terrible soil, they almost died, I figured that one out out for myself. I gave them too little light, you schooled me on that. Finally, I transplanted them into 5 gal. pots with organic soil, no brand name (another mistake). After transplant, I changed lighting from 10 28watt cfls to one 1000 watt hps. A big change, I know, but there are 10 plants and that seems to be within limits. The room has a window unit ac for cooling and venting, say 5' by 5'.
Here's the new problem: after I transplanted them and moved them into the new room, still in veg. after 6 weeks and 16" tall on avg, I watered with only tap water for first feed so they could get aclimatised, everything was great. But on the next feeding, I Fcked up and mixed too strong a solution of GH brand Flora Nova grow 7-4-10. Almost immeadiatly they went into shock. They drooped and turned yellow and rust and, well, I'm colorblind, but they got ugly. I ran to your website and learned I should flush them and I did. It's been 4 days now but they still look weak, the color has improved on some but not all. I want to put them into flower but I want them healthy first. Any suggestion would be very much appreciated.
P.S. I know you need photos, I will post some as soon as my bro. brings the camera over, later, TY. GO TEXANS!

Just my 2 cents. Im a beginer too.
I reccomend you continue straight ph waterings. With added circulation and attention. But dont trim anything yet unless its completly dead. If you look at the light from the bottom of the leaf, you can see how much is still alive. If you can see through it let it be. Let the water get dryish before watering. That way the plant can use some of its stored nutes and detox kinda. It takes a while (week or more) for the plant to correct after a major issue so be patient.
:goodluck:

Sounds like sound advise from Spimp.

OK, I am so useless at this. I just posted a reply to you Spimp, but somehow it's not here. Basically, I said thank-you for your reply. I think you meant wait for the soil to dry, right? If not, I'm lost. But i am waiting for everything to dry out since I nuked them with water on the flush. It gives me hope that you think it takes a week for recovery, for it's only been 4-5 days. They are improving, but not nearly as well as I had hoped. Again, TY for the post. Go Texans.
also, PS anyone have a comment whether I can start flowering now or do I need to wait til they are more healthy?

Ho Lee Fuk, I have just found signs of white spider mites. Forum says tobacco juice works good. I'm brewing some now but is this the best? I'm not a big envirofriendly sort of guy when it comes to protecting mine. Anyone have an idea on the BEST way to kill these bastards? Go Texans!

Hi ELLISJ,

For spider mites, you really should check out our sponsor Sierra Natural Science - 217 Spider Mite Control.

I have used it through 2 different grows and one being outside, I have confidence in that product!

If you are still sceptical, request your free sample of it from them.

Even using it as a preventative, it will make sure to coat your plants so as not to be attacked when your least expecting it. Main thing I love the most other than it working is that is ORGANIC! It's all I ever use.

Hope this info helps.

:Namaste:

Thank you Truth Seeker. I checked out their website and sent them an e-mail, inquiring about their products in my area. I hope you and everyone else knows how much it means to us newbies, how much it means to me for total strangers helping me like this. Thank you all so much. Go Texans!

I'm not Texan, but I do have family there so I will join in on your cheer! :cheer:

That is the beauty of this site, we are all here to help each other. We have all been in the Newbie seat in our life and this is how we learn, we share our experiences!

You will not be disappointed with SNS! They are a long time sponsor with us and we wouldn't keep them around if they didn't work!

Good luck in your growing adventures!

:Namaste:

Thank you Truth Seeker. I checked out their website and sent them an e-mail, inquiring about their products in my area. I hope you and everyone else knows how much it means to us newbies, how much it means to me for total strangers helping me like this. Thank you all so much. Go Texans!

I feel really stupid asking, and perhaps I should start a new blog. But since i'm new and ignorant about growing and site form(can't spell ediquete), I will just put it out there. After indoor growing in perfectly shitty soil, in 5 gallon buckets, in first few says of flowering, plants avg. 18" tall, is it too late to transplant them into a better growing medium like cocoacoir or FFOF? If so, any and all suggestions would be appreciated. Thank you 420 for all your support in my time of need, Go Texans!

My concern would be if you transfer into a lighter more airy medium like coco, watering would be a pain in the ass. The outside would dry out quickly while the soil would retain alot of moister. Thats just my opinion and first thoughts.

Yea, thanks for the reply, Spimp. I know I am hoping against hope that it can be done. If anyone, like me, ever says they can't afford the good growing medium, let me tell every newbie, Once the plant gets big, and you start to think about all the problems you have had, and how much time and effort you have spent, and you realize your product and your production is going to be a reflection on that shitty ass soil you "just couldn't afford" when you started, well, just tell than for me, in this giant run on sentence, that, "Fkuc you dumbass, you can afford it and you better Fn afford it or you will be sorry" Whew, that feels better. PS. Go Texans!

I use FFOF and it is a great soil, even comes with vermiculite!!! I would wait on any transplanting and turning it over until that plant is healthy. Remember, when you turn it over, it will require energy to start building those buds. Right now it's expending a lot of energy trying to fix itself. Be patient and let it be.

Back
Top Bottom